Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:13 AM       
It's not even a good idea. It won't be even half as amazing as Disney could let it be.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:14 AM       
Zomboid is right. Just think... Disney... Disney... How cool can that be? Disney...
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 06:18 PM       
How much does Disney rely on it's old cartoon properties nowadays? Maybe they're giving these guys total carte blanche to do whatever they want. If they have a free hand this might be great. Second to Bugs Bunny, Disney was a big part of my childhood. Characters I grew up with being deconstructed and dismembered into the soulless constructs they really are resonates powerfully with me. That image of Goofy as a broken automaton fucked me over a little bit more than it should have.

The problem here is even if the concept is great, that doesn't mean the game won't suck balls. In my heart, I know Kingdom Heart's meshing of disney and sqauresoft properties was not a good idea. My intial impression that it was stupid was not wrong. It only worked because Squarenix made it work.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 03:49 PM       
So, the magazine's officially out, with screenshots.

Looks pretty generic. Not necessarily because it's on the Wii, but because the actual graphics don't have any style to them outside of "Disney except with a darker color palette". Okami and Wind Waker are games that had awesome style and came out on the last generation of consoles.

Plus, they're confirming that you can be either a hero, a jerk, or a neutral Mickey. I can't fucking stand "you can be good, bad, or meh" bullshit.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 05:31 PM       
There's nothing harder than being a neutral character. It just makes no sense.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM       
For the challenge man.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post

The problem here is even if the concept is great, that doesn't mean the game won't suck balls. In my heart, I know Kingdom Heart's meshing of disney and sqauresoft properties was not a good idea. My intial impression that it was stupid was not wrong. It only worked because Squarenix made it work.
I had the exact opposite experience. I felt it would be a cool idea but the game had such shitty controls and boring gameplay that I found it to be garbage.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM       
The first game was pretty cool. Repetative, but cool. I couldn't play the second game. Some loser named Roxas kept getting in the way.

Actually, I liked the gameplay better in the sequel, if only because the combos you learned got pretty out of control. The story was just so fucking retarded. The new games practically forget about Disney altogether. Also, their tendencies to make their tutorials several hours long is pretty fucking ridiculous.