Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 09:51 PM       
The nationally televised Jackets-Redwings game showed up on Versus, so it was just a guess.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I don't think I get coverage with Comcast in my area. Surprisingly. Which is a shame.
I think NBC is going to televise it too. You should be able to watch it.

Spoilers!

edit: confirmed it is on NBC

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Jan 1st, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 12:13 AM       
I watched the winter classic on TV. That was surreal. And awesome.

Boston college and boston university will face off at the same rink on january 8th, as well as a match up between two women college hockey teams prior to the men's game.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 09:13 AM       
It was pretty good. I wish it snowed during the game though. I'd like to see some West coast teams, maybe the Canucks involved in this next year too.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM       
I like how they announced the olympic team. The kids were cute, especially the ones who missed their cue to turn around.

As a goalie, I like TIMMAY a lot.

One thing that confused me was the fighting...I thought that was generally frowned upon in all star/winter classic games, or at least to the degree I saw...thought it was supposed to be happy family-friendly fun time.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM       
all star games its frowned upon because no one wants to get injured. Winter Classic is straight hockey the way it should be.

They should eliminate the all star game actually. The only thing that is fun about it is the skillz comps.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 08:27 PM       
I think the last couple of years I paid very little attention to the game, I mainly liked the skills competition. Ovechkin does a lot of showboating, but it's still fun to watch.

I don't remember how the olympics affected things last time around. Is there still an all-star break or do they skip it on olympic years?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 08:48 PM       
Good game.
You may already be there.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 05:35 AM       
I think they skip it for the olympics
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 06:22 AM       
Was it last year that the one American player was staring at the French-Canadian reporter's chest (she was wearing an All-Star logo sweatshirt in French) for an uncomfortable amount of time on-air, then said, "Make your shirt speak English"?

Because that was funny.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM       
I leave momentarily to have a kid and NO ONE addresses Hitch getting fired?

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 09:30 AM       
Without you posting in Hockey, no one else seems to give a flying eff.

The Flyers are skating to a first round playoff exit ... maybe ... if they play well enough to finish in the money. Plus, they just lost to EDMONTON for crying out loud. I need to pay attention to this?

EDIT: I'm actually getting more enjoyment out of basketball, lately. And that's scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 09:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I leave momentarily to have a kid and NO ONE addresses Hitch getting fired?

She's right, I should have posted on this.

Here's the thing, I don't know which was worse, that I didn't know until 2 days later he was fired, or that I didn't know he lost most of his December games

EDIT: you are right to be frustrated Colonel, the Flyers are not playing to the potential their talent has.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM       
What talent? Where? I want their names!

Seriously, with Brière and Gagné, Richards and Carter, Timmonen, Pronger, Emery and a legitimate Rookie of the Year contender in van Riemsdyk, seriously, WTF? They're still mired in the second division! Jeez!

On the plus side, they beat the Devils last night - for what seems like the first time in forever.

They've got to come around before the end of the season. Right?
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM       
I meant to post this a while back when I had to watch the Sabres play on VS but I hate the VS announcers with a passion. Instead of calling it a shot on net they call it a drive or something ridiculous. All they care about are stats and star players. They're also useless at life. I'm pretty sure that no one loves them.....not even their moms. I can't even type the level of frustration I feel at those fools. Fresh garbage could put them out of a job for good. I'm heading home right now to continue this......

GO SABRES
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM       
Kind of a non-sequitur, but my 7-year old daughter is loving the 36+ inches of white stuff we have currently on the ground. She found my son's hockey stick, and wants to play. Now. I told her that there was no way I had the energy to play right now, seeing as I'm in pretty much complete pain after all the shoveling I did over the past 36 hours.

Your bets please - who do you think won this one?
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 02:18 PM       
I think she has a good future in womens hockey.

In other news, the other day (can't remember which game) I actually heard them use the phrase "poke check" somewhere outside of NHL10.

Pentegarn- it's ok, at first I just thought that Claude Noel was getting an unusual amount of airtime for an assistant coach.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 16th, 2010, 05:39 PM       
http://www.wgrz.com/genthumb/genthum...illermask2.jpg

I love Miller's helmet for team USA. With the Big Diesal Uncle Sam.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 09:02 PM       
The ongoing saga with the Blue Jackets...

Good afternoon. Many of you have asked us to keep you posted as news develops regarding the Blue Jackets and the financial challenges the club currently faces involving the operation of Nationwide Arena. While there is not a great deal new we can share at this time, we would like to bring to your attention a recent article that captures the essence of the situation very clearly.

The story linked below offers a synopsis of what has transpired here in Columbus, looks at the landscape involving arenas throughout the NHL and shows why the issue involves much more than just the hockey team and arena.

Thank very much for your continued support of the Blue Jackets, Nationwide Arena and the Arena District.
Carry the Flag!

SKATASTIC
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 11:14 AM       
Playoff time.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM       
Here's to the "one and done" I'm hoping for.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM       
Flyers manage to push one past Lundqvist in the 3rd to force the shootout, then Boucher stonewalls Jokinen FTW!!

And the 7 seed - meaning they play Jersey.

Oh well, at least they made the playoffs.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 11:15 PM       
Glad the flyers beat the devils and the sabres beat the bruins. Only game 1 though.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 07:46 AM       
So yesterday there was an "official" NHL bus parked in the parking lot of a discount motel in our dinky little town.

Once I got over the little thrill of seeing it, I was mainly trying to figure out what the fuck. It said, "Wolves" on the side. I know of the Chicago Wolves, but they're AHL and Chelios plays for them now and fuck that.

Our little town has a modest ice rink and a goodly-sized high school hockey team. I know they regularly play people from fairly far away...I just watched a televised game against some high school from Quebec a month ago. But somehow I don't see NHL scouts coming on a bus to see it. I looked up the ice rink's schedule and there's some conference going on there right now, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with hockey. And I looked up the Wolves' schedule and they're playing in Milwaukee or Milwaukee is playing them at home or something. So it remains, what the fuck.

Of course, it would have been a little weird seeing Chris Chelios at the walmart or something. (Walmart's across the street from the shitty little motel). Probably by the fucking lobster tank omg inside joke from oldentimes in Chicago.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 05:46 AM       
Flyers have pushed the Devils to the brink. How'd that happen?

And who is Dan Carcillo?