Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:01 PM        Deus Ex Three: Deus Harder
Separate thread because SOMEBODY didn't want to hear us talking about it for three pages.

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:07 PM       
That is awesome! When adam got back, I'm sure he was harassed about spending time in the woman's restroom again also. I figure, my torso and my legs got replaced, I obviously have no penis. I'm a woman now. Leave me alone bitches.
has a woody
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:17 PM       
The mirror emails were pretty funny, but the dog email made me really sad

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:22 PM       
Yeah, that is kinda sad. I felt really bad about that, but then realized it was a video game. It was one of those funny realization moments where a writer wrote that in on purpose. There was no real dog, but I felt bad about it nonetheless.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM       
I loved the mails from concerned co-workers that SOMEONE broke into all their offices and stole stuff and now the nice Mr. Jensen might look into it...when he was the one that broke in of course :D

The thing I´m a little disappointed about is that with the whole Aug-thing it´s not so much about what you want to get but when you want to get it, since you can easily get all non-useless Augs by the end of the game. The Archetype you choose can even be ready by the end of the first thrid I´d say. The rest is just padding after that. In the end I just got something for the sake of spending my points.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 11:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
Yeah, that is kinda sad. I felt really bad about that, but then realized it was a video game. It was one of those funny realization moments where a writer wrote that in on purpose. There was no real dog, but I felt bad about it nonetheless.
There's a picture of Adam and Megan with their dog Kubrick on Adam's desk.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 06:02 PM       
Just got the game today. Been playing it for about 5 hours now, and I am ready to declare this the best game of the year. Hell, even best game since Red Dead Redemption. A worthy prequel to one of the best games ever.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 09:53 PM       
i can get this game for free if i buy a much needed videocard. i think imma do it up
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 11:23 PM       
THEY WORKED OUT ALL THE KINKS

has a woody
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 10:25 AM       
wait what

has a woody
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 10:28 AM       
Also I didn't like the ending. It felt like a cop-out since you really don't get to see the results of your actions. All four endings are pretty much "WELL WE'LL SEE HOW IT WORKS OUT!" I can understand the fourth choice ending like that but not the other three.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM       
It´s just not the same than JC turing into the Machine God and Tong cheerfully shouting "Let´s live in villages!" over the radio, true :D

And no, I don´t care if some among you didn´t know that, that´s I´m-your-father-Luke-stuff :P
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM       
Played through it just now. Amazing game. The endings were ok, but the weakest part of the game for sure. Some bitch about the bossfights, but I really had no problem with them. They reminded me of Metal Gear Solid, and I love Metal Gear Solid so shut up you fucking losers. I would have liked more sidemissions though, and maybe have the other characters comment all the stupid shit you've done during the game.

I have to say, they really got the feel of the first Deus Ex just right, and I like the fact that you are rewarded for exploring. Every mission has multiple ways of getting to the goal and there's just enough stuff that makes the impression that every action has a consequence. FOR EXAMPLE: If you steal all the credits and whatnot from the offices in Sarif building and check your email later in the game, the employees have sent you mail regarding someone stealing shit from their rooms. You are the security officer, after all.

EDIT: Also, the endings are a little different depending on how you played the game. Or at least I think they are. A friend of mine chose the same ending I did, and that would be the fourth one where Adam goes down with the facility. In my version, Adam talked about humanity and how no one has the right to choose where it's going etc. My friend played as a homicidal maniac and acted like an asshole towards everyone, and in the end Adam regrets he was such a dick and talks about how he killed far too many people and so on.
has a woody
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 09:47 PM       
MGS bossfights actually explored the medium of video games in interesting ways. Like The End or Psycho Mantis. At the very least, the ones that were less imaginative didn't feel like the game's momentum hit a fucking wall.

Interesting note about the endings. My Adam was all "I exercised restraint" and shit because I never actually killed unless I fucked up badly and didn't feel like reloading. That and I restrained myself 90% of the game because GODDAMN SILENCER + LASER SIGHT + PISTOL = I FUCKING WIN EVERYTHING FUCK

The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:20 AM       
Nah, the revolver + laser site + explosive round was just devastating.
Spoilers!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:22 AM       
WAIT, THERE ARE ZOMBIES?
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:23 AM       
There, I changed it. They're not exactly zombies, but they pretty much are. I don't want to spoil the story for you if you plan on playing it.
The Unicorn
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:26 AM       
I only just got to the
Spoilers!
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 31st, 2011, 01:36 AM       
Spoilers!

So yeah, I'll use spoiler tags.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 07:58 AM       
The fourth ending was my favorite because I hated everyone else's choices.

Spoilers!