Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 12:23 AM        Best XBLA game
Let's say I only have enough credits to download one Xbox Live Arcade game (because I do), what would you guys recommend?

I'm interested in a really good co-op shooter/beat em up, or just any great game in general.

What are your favourites?

I've already got Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid, and I could go something similar to that. I was thinking Either Metal Slug 3, Turtles in Time or Warhammer 40K: Kill Team. Ikaruga is also appealing.

Suggestions please.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 12:36 AM       
My absolute favorite downloadable game is Shadow Complex. It's single player but for the price, you get a whole lot of exploring, shooting, and cool stuff going on. It's kind of set up like metroid in a way but it's awesome.

I love Guardian Heroes too. But you'd probably want to try it first since it's a Sega Saturn port and they messed with the art style a lot for it. It is multiplayer though.

I also love me some Trials HD, which is a really hard platformer type game using a motorcycle.

I loved the splosion man and ms. splosion man games. Although multiplayer on those is just too hard. And it's also a platformer.

Really, for any downloadable game I'd suggest trying the demo first to see if you like how the game plays.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 02:52 AM       
If you don´t count Symphony of the night (because it IS the best XBLA-Game but it´s kinda unfair to count it and chances are, you already own it anyway if you have preserved yourself at least a splinter of sanity...)

The best original XBLA-Game would be Bastion imo. It´s really really good and worth every cent. What else...Shadow Complex, Toy Soldiers, Puzzle Quest 1 (NOT Galactrix or 2, those suck), Splosion Man...in terms of Indie games, go for Cthulhu saves the world and Miner dig deep.

I´d personally pass on Turtles in Time, simply because...well it´s not my thing. Metal Slug is always good. Kill Team is...supposedly pretty short. The demo was okay but not much more.

But let´s face it, you can´t do better than Symphony of the night. Which is why I prefer the PSN, there´s so many good old games available, I don´t even need new ones :D Buy things like the PE-Games, one or two Final Fantasy games, complemented with a bit of Breath of Fire and Suikoden, then walk over to GOG.com and spend 20 bucks on some games including Planescape Torment and you´re pretty much set for the next 10 years :D
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 03:21 AM       
Ca depend.

I like the Serious Sam games, From Dust is cool, Trenched (or whatever it's called now) is cool, and Costume Quest is a fun little thing.

Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man are classics, as is Shadow Complex.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 08:06 AM       
Do indie games count? Prismatic Solid is the prettiest shooter and I think it's only 3 dollars.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM       
Cheers dudes. Having some good times downloading demo and trying stuff out. I just needed to tell what was worth the few minutes it would take since you can't always tell from the title/screenshots.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 07:46 PM       
I have a shitload of arcade games, but few of them are XBLA originals. TMNT Arcade, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, and shit like that are all fun, but a lot of those can be found on that Genesis Mega Collection and you likely won't find others playing them online anyway.

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM       
I'm more interested in originals. Downloading old games for money seems like a rip off to me.

Unless it's an old game that I never played, and it's not actually that old.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 07:48 PM       
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 11:24 PM       
Super Meat Boy.
Where The Black Planets Roll Without Aim,
Where They Roll In Their Horror Unheeded, Without Knowledge Of Lustre Or Name.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:38 AM       
my game is coming out before the 30th and only costs 80 MSP
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:20 PM       
What is your game called again?
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:12 PM       
Chojin's Big Adventure.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:16 PM       
Chojin's Biggest Burger

and I was going to do the man a solid and buy it regardless. But it looks fun and Jousty.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommin View Post
Super Meat Boy.
This.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 03:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Is it the max payne 2 mod for 80 msp?
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
oh so that's why i see you playing a game called xna game i suspected you were developing something

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:33 PM       
Sonic CD.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:44 PM       
it's called transgression ;<

SECRET UNLISTED VIDEO
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:58 PM       
looks like a mix of ballon fight and sidescroller shoot em ups

Old Dec 24th, 2011, 04:30 AM       
Sonic CD and your game, Chojin, are next on my list.
was never good
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 01:24 PM       
y ty honey
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM       
you get a percentage of sales for it? i got 80 points i'm sure i could spare for it
taco loving zombie
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM       
i only have 20 left don't even know how it came to that

was never good
Old Dec 24th, 2011, 08:22 PM       
i get 70% of all sales which is actually a really decent split