Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 02:05 AM        Morrissey Denounces The Changed England
Bold words from a good man:
The pop singer Morrissey claims he can no longer live in a Britain he believes lost to an "immigration explosion".

The former frontman of the Smiths, who is now based in Rome, claimed England was just 'a memory now'.

The 48-year-old added: "Other countries have held on to their basic identity yet it seems to me that England was thrown away.
"The change in England is so rapid compared to the change in any other country.
"If you walk through Knightsbridge on any bland day of the week you won't hear an English accent.
"You'll hear every accent under the sun apart from the British accent.
"The British identity is very attractive, I grew up into it and I find it quaint and very amusing."
Morrissey, who has sung of his love for English culture and can count Tory leader David Cameron as a fan, is the son of an Irish immigrant family which settled in Manchester.
Daily Mail
Of course he will be branded as a racist: he doesn't pull the normal party line of the left. Anyone who believes their own nation should hold onto their identity becomes an outcast.

Even if their sexuality is questionable and they denounce Jesus Christ and are generally liberal; anyone is free to be branded a backwards reactionary if they refuse to pull this one party line.

I agree with Morrissey's sentiment and believe that it shows him to be a deeper person, a person who really knows what is going on as opposed to someone who just preaches a really linear party thought.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 10:13 AM       
You read the Daily Mail.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 11:30 AM       
He can read?
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM       
oh please don't drop me home
because it's not my home, it's their home
and I'm welcome no more

Old Nov 30th, 2007, 02:22 AM       
Great article showing how the left wing lambasts anyone who does not hold their party line. The reaction is classic.

Even more classic is how now Morrissey is suing them for libel for quoting his thoughts.

How dangerous it is to oppose the partyline.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 03:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf View Post
Great article showing how the left wing lambasts anyone who does not hold their party line. The reaction is classic.

Even more classic is how now Morrissey is suing them for libel for quoting his thoughts.

How dangerous it is to oppose the partyline.
Dood, seriously. All this is, is Morrissey crying over how he feels England isn't english enough anymore. lol

Boo fucking hoo. The world is getting smaller asshole.

Does it really fucking matter what your language or accent is? Do you have to be overly proud of what geographical location you happened to be born in just because it's the thing to do?

What if southerners in America started crying over how the south isn't "the south" anymore?

Boo fucking hoo.

Are you a nationalist? YES or NO? Just circle one.

In Korea do you wear stars on your shirt and stripes on your pants?

You are a fucking douche dood. Christ, you have to be a character, a phoney if you will. I don't think people like you exist.

Now i'm off to go get high so I can feel better about humanity.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 08:23 AM       
In other news, no one gives a fuck what Morrisey has to say about anything.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 09:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
What if southerners in America started crying over how the south isn't "the south" anymore?
I know a number of Southerners that have.
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM       
Bold words from a good man:

"Meat is murder"
-Morrissey
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 12:11 PM       
Morrissey, who has sung of his love for English culture and can count Tory leader David Cameron as a fan, is the son of an Irish immigrant family which settled in Manchester.

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 07:59 PM       
Ha!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7118412.stm

Morrissey to sue NME over story

Morrissey is to sue the NME after it failed to apologise for an article focusing on his views on immigration.

The magazine criticised the former Smiths star for allegedly telling a reporter Britain had lost its identity due to high levels of immigration.

An NME spokesman confirmed they have received two writs for the magazine and its editor Conor McNicholas.

"NME takes the matter extremely seriously and we are in discussion with our legal representatives," he added.

A deadline to print the retraction passed at 1300GMT on Thursday.

In a statement, the singer's lawyers said: "Their only response to this deadline was to say that they 'do not have time to respond to the allegations.'"

Identity

The magazine quoted Morrissey allegedly saying: "Although I don't have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears. So the price is enormous.

"If you travel to Germany, it's still absolutely Germany. If you travel to Sweden, it still has a Swedish identity.

"But travel to England and you have no idea where you are," the singer is reported to have said.

The 48-year-old, who has spent the last decade in Rome and Los Angeles, was apparently responding to a question about whether he would return to live in the UK.

In a follow-up interview concerning his comments, the NME reported that Morrissey had said: "It could be construed that the reason I wouldn't wish to live in England is the immigration explosion. And that's not true at all."

"There are other reasons why I would find England very difficult, such as the expense and the pressure," he said.

He is alleged to have added that he did not think his comments were inflammatory, but were "a statement of fact".

The singer's manager accused the NME of "character assassination" on the singer's fan website, True To You.

Tim Jonze, the freelance journalist who interviewed Morrissey, told the BBC that he didn't approve of the singer's comments and had found them "offensive".

He said he had asked for his name to be removed from the article because it had been rewritten.
"I didn't want my name on something I hadn't written, even if some of it might have been similar to what I wrote originally," he said.
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 06:20 AM       
so this faggot's nostalgia is a reason to keep people from living in the first world? cool.

Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 08:33 AM       
It is about a lot more than 'nostalgia,' it is about a national identity that people are entitled to.

So people have a right to move into a foreign nation and live there and the local people have no right to complain? An interesting idea. Add onto this that they hate England and demand special treatment nearly everywhere that they go as well as suck up social services, we really have ourselves quite a combination.

There is a sort of hypocrisy in a lot of Leftist thought: we're supposed to leave countries alone and leave them to their culture of murdering gays and treating women like cattle as it is their business, but God forbid that we ever want to have control over our own nations.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 09:01 AM       
I've often found fault with your attitudes toward lots of things. Would it be okay with you if I took control lot you? 'Cause I seriously think it would be better for everyone if I did.

Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM       
Oh, this is one of those threads where 2 people make comments about what was said, and the rest say nothing else because that is enough... Oh yes, the threads where I present something so ridiculous as suggesting the inherent value of a national identity and that unadulterated immigration is bad...

Just because there is a strange popular consensus that I am full of shit doesn't make it true.

I'm sorry you are liberal.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 11:05 PM       
Something I had nothing to do with is different than it used to be, so I'm mad! I'm not sure why, or even if I know what the hell I'm talking about, but I'm going to speak on it anyway!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 01:11 AM       
It's all part of a cycle, KK. These new immigrants are on the bottom of the food chain now, but in a few decades, they'll have the opportunity to look down their noses at the next generation of immigrants, just like Morrissey!

Also, what famous songs has Morrissey done? I thought I had him in mind, but that was Van Morrison.

125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 01:16 AM       

Oh, shit! It's liberal!
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 09:43 AM       
Hmmm, KK, maybe it's because you introduced your point such as it is by quoting a pop star (who by the way, I really like) with a long track record of being depressive, flighty, and who's main claim to fame outside his singing (which I really like, I own several albums) was asexuality.

You cherry picked a quote he's now at pains to distance himself from because it dovetailed with an intrenched attitude you already have. SO sorry if that didn't make me leap to dignify your thread with sustained debate.

Your a lazy writer, your terribly self impressed, and you think your tired, hackneyed, well trod angry white guy politics are something fresh and new because you've sprinkled them with flakes of Teutonic masculinity and finshed them spit polished them with booze and vomit.

This is what causes consensus here that you are a buffoon, there is nothing strange about it, consensus are by their very definition popular and UNTIL YOU POST SOMETHING COHERENT ENOUGH TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY you are just mock fodder, which is why you are tolerated and even enjoyed, this being I-MOCKERY.COM

But I imagine this is one of those threads where you don't pay any attention to my critique or take up any challenge because you are besotted with your own sense of self and are looking for validation via one or more of the reasonably level headed folk here taking you seriously. I, personally, do not.

Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 05:56 PM       
What do you take seriously, burbank?

And on this topic...

Some immigrant group snever fully repair. Some group snever fully adapt.

The Jamaicans and other carribbean immigrants to England were at the bottom 40 years ago... Where are they now? Still committing disproportinate amounts fo crime.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM       
What do I take seriously here, or at all?

Here, almost everyone but you. Even when their ideas don't agree with mine.
Preech.
Italian.
Kevin.

I treat their ideas WAY more respectfully than I treat yours. Want to know why?

"Some immigrant group snever fully repair."

Apart from 'Snever' which is just a typo, what does that sentence mean? Repair what, exactly? You couldn't have taken five seconds to think of how to express what you meant?

Other posters here aren't so overwhelmed with their swellness that they don't take a moment to look at what they've written and see if it makes sense. They treat their ideas with a modicum of respect, not as evidence of their gloriousness.

When you stop presenting yourself as one of those inflatable clowns you punch in the nose just to watch them come back up for another punch, I'll stop punching you.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf View Post
The Jamaicans and other carribbean immigrants to England were at the bottom 40 years ago... Where are they now? Still committing disproportinate amounts fo crime.
Ah, but that's where you're wrong. The Jamaicans and the rest of those troublesome Carribeanites started out at the bottom 30 years ago, and now they're kings of industry!

I believe Morrissey made a comment about it in his last album. It was in the form of a song called "Lost My Company to Barbados Slim".

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 08:49 PM       
Mercury Morris of the 72 Dolphins was denouncing the New England Patriots and it reminded me of this thread.

Small World

Old Dec 4th, 2007, 05:22 PM       
Some ethnic groups are still outsiders.

Mexicans and blacks endured some hardships 30-40 years ago but still have not recovered from them and have abnormally high instances of criminality, drug use, etc. compared to other groups. The idea that immigrant groups automatically get better is poppycock.

The Jews and the Chinese were in identical situations to the Hispanics 70 years ago and now they are moving along very far into our societies while hispanics are not.

Immigration does not automatically mean that people are going to be 'on top in 30 years,' only certain groups succeed in assimilation.
Funky Dynamite
Old Dec 4th, 2007, 05:47 PM       
Putting aside the fact that blacks and Mexicans have been experiencing hardship slightly earlier than the 1960s, I'm afraid you've gotten your facts wrong again. You see, while you are correct in saying that Jewish and Chinese families were sneaking across the Mexican border, all that was occurring 10-20 years ago. If you don't believe me, just ask my good friend, Chang Goldstein.

Of course, the problems we're having now with the Sino-Latino Jews are coming to the forefront. And don't forget about the German-Canadians.