Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 08:48 PM       
chojin have you tried running sisoft sandra sometimes it can come up with a specific reason why your computor is not running fast enough
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:57 PM       
I actually think i do have that, which of its million components do I run for that though :<
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:04 AM       
"combined performance index wizard"? i think
OH GOD
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:10 AM       
that might point out which system needs tweaking with anyhow, or you could just run each of the benchmarks and see what if any notes come up for each one
OH GOD
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:15 AM       
oh wait oops i mean the information ones not the benchmarks
OH GOD
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:31 AM       
of course SOMETIMES it is retarded and says stuff that doesn't make sense, like how it's telling me right now that my mainboard BIOS is too old when it's the most recent one on the ASUS download page
OH GOD
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:58 AM       
man i sure do talk a lot in this thread!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 04:07 PM       
Okay so running Sandra, I got:

So, it looks like we've found the biggest bottleneck. That's the right chipset (i'm pretty sure), but the memory speed is a bit high on the reference system (mine is 3200), so I tried again with something that was hands-down worse.

So, something is definitely fucked up here. Running the performance checklist results in this:

http://www.i-mockery.com/chojin/sysreport.html

Right in the summary: "Large memory modules should be ECC/Parity." I have no idea what the hell this means, but I'm going to go spelunking in the BIOS to see if I can't find out. Ideas?
was never good
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 04:26 PM       
Didn't see anything at all about ECC/Parity or memory in general in the BIOS. However, I did un-over-clock my cpu from 210hz to 200hz and changed CPU Spread Spectrum from Disabled to Center Spread (the latter is the default setting, I had set it to disabled based on the wisdom of a guide)

The new system report is as follows: http://www.i-mockery.com/sysreport2.html

No change. HEPS ME
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 06:04 PM       
Im no expert on 64bit chips but last I heard you needed to use registered (EEC) memory with some 64bit chips. It has more extensive error checking than reguar DDR (its also more expensive).

However IIRC you only need to use it with FX series, high end CPUs.

I might be wrong though as its been about a year since I read up on the whole thing.
was never good
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 08:10 PM       
so i need to buy new ram? :<
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM       
have you tried looking on the amd support forums or anything like that?
was never good
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 08:13 PM       
No, because I wasn't having an AMD problem, I didn't think ;<
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 12:16 AM       
I'm not an expert on 64-bit systems, either, but it could be that you have shit RAM. Sometimes it just goes bad or something happened while they were manufacturing it.

Normally RAM doesn't really need to be ECC (the ECC stuff makes it more expensive). But based on that program, it's obvious that your memory access is what's slowing everything down.

I recommend doing some more RAM tests or something. Then trying new RAM.