Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 03:59 PM        Why Pakistan.....
So when the CIA director says he has an excellent idea where Usama bin Laden is, and we all know it's Pakistan, and when the Afghan government we created infers that Pakistan is supporting insurgent violence in their country, and we know for a fact that the ISI heavily backed the Taliban since it's inception, why on earth would we continue to play nice with them? I understand the nuclear issue with wanting to maintain stability and not pick sides between them and India and all of that.

Im not willing to say it's blatantly state sponsored, but in my opinion if we're talking about who's creating the biggest problems in the region right now, especially with regards to Afghanistan, it's got to be Pakistan. And it's not new, it's been going on for a decade.

I vote for regime change there before we worry about Iran.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:46 PM       
I've been saying for some time now that Pakistan is far more dangerous to us and far more guilty than Iraq ever was or Iran is now. They are a military dictatorship with Nuclear weapons. They ran the Nuclear black market and we let them off. The Pakistani intelligence service almost certainly knows where Bin laden is. They have not secured their border (which is admittedly next to impossible). They have made little or no effort to keep the Tliban from basing itself on the border with Afghanistan.

Mushariff is walking a tightrope just to stay alive. The Taliban has already tried to kill him twice, and while he controls the military right now, he doesn't control intelligence which has it's own military branch. If he moved seriously against the tribal areas he'd be chased out of power if he was lucky enough to keep his head. Our alliance isn't really with Pakistan, it's with Mushariff, and there's only so much he can bring to the table.

Why do we put up with it? Because without their nominal support in the 'war' against terrorism, Afghanistan would collapse into Anarchy, the Taliban could well take over again and we'd have to go back there, something we are ill equipped to do. And because this 'war' has never been about toppling dangerous states or spreading democracy, or even about oil. It's about the US flexing it's muscles, settling old scores, and hoping to scare the crap out of every country in the middle east along the way. It's about being the biggest bad ass on the block, showing Bush Senior his son is the man with the bigger cock, pursuing neocon dreams of world domination and a host of other bizarre and unsettling things that have little in common beyond screwing Iraq, the one place where all their needs got met at the same time. Don't look for logic. This is foreign policy by a committee of lunatics, each with theri own individual lunatic designs.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:51 PM       
Delete
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:55 PM       
Didn't we catch the guy who was selling all the nuclear secrets on the black market?
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:59 PM       
Yes, before Musharaff pardoned him.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Why do we put up with it? Because without their nominal support in the 'war' against terrorism, Afghanistan would collapse into Anarchy, the Taliban could well take over again and we'd have to go back there, something we are ill equipped to do.
We left?

LINK

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:19 AM       
I'm a pakistani-american. Does this issue concern me in anyway?

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:43 AM       
Yes. Yes it does. You go over there and tell them to get thier shit together. Thank you and good day.