Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 11:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacks View Post
For all you people that have a special prize for best costume. How do you know? What if the first one is really great but all the other ones are crap? HOW CAN YOU EVER BE SURE?
Haha, I never thought about that. I've been doing it for four years now and there's always been one costume (and so far, only one) that stood out as the best.

If I were to run into a situation where two kids had the "best" costume, I'd just give the second one an extra pile of candy.
In fact, that's probably what the first winner really wanted anyway.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 05:11 PM       
Finally finished my big annual review of Halloween candies!

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/halloween-candy2011/
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 12:14 AM       
I've been to two trick or treating events so far (Thursday, Saturday) and I'm noticing a definite theme with the candy. It's all been the cheapo stuff -- dum-dum pops and smarties -- almost exclusively. In the entire haul, I would estimate that a good 80% of it was dum dums and smarties. The remaining 20% was mostly 3-inch twizzlers, those packets of 2 sweetarts, and the itty-bitty (1/3 the size of "fun size") candy bars. My kid got one mini pack of M&Ms, one reese's cup, one package of McDonald's cookies, and a bag stuffed full of ads and useless coupons and other nonsense. What kid is going to give a rat's ass about "20% off all shoe purchases over $150 before November 2nd"?

One lady gives out dum-dums every year, but I give her credit...she wraps each one in a white paper napkin, ties it with an orange, black or purple yarn bow, and draws a little face on it. I have no idea how long it must have taken her but she had a large box full of hundreds of little lollipop-ghosts.

But screw those jerks who list their store on the trick-or-treating map and then just give the kids an ad stuffed in their buckets
Lone Wanderer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM       
I won a "gummy brain" a year ago as a prize in a zombie costume contest. Same brand as the heart that Rog has. Haven't opened it up yet.

Anybody try one of those two-headed gummy snakes from a few years back?