Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM       
A praying mantis? Bye bye spider. Egads, if you don't provide us with immediate video footage of that, we just might have to ban you.
Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 07:39 AM       
Are u at least going to tell us who the hell won hunstman vs Huge banana spider vs lil shit?

Is our champion still alive?

TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 11:54 AM       
from what I gleaned the hunstman won that fight but is a leg less for it.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 01:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
Is our champion still alive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat
...few limbs are strewn about the sand while the Champion silently remains perched on top.
I'd say kahljorn's contention is correct.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM       
Alright, where be the results. I wanna see how much the praying mantis enjoyed itself a tasty spider-meal.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 07:14 PM       
Serious whiterat, you can't say that you had a Huntsman and a Praying Mantis fight then NOT show it on the internets.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 07:29 PM       
Yea.. and what happened to that other fight?
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 09:14 AM       
I'll start off by saying that I've got alot of guts coming back here because you gracious and ever so patient folks won't like the news that i've got....

THE FIGHT NEVER WENT DOWN. THE MANTIS DIED.

Yes, the Mantis died the night before the fight was supposed to go down. My buddy, the same guy with the frighteningly evil face in the first video, decided it would be a great idea to draw a fuckin' smiley face on the thorax of the mantis. 2 hours later it was dead, we suspect from some sort of ink poisoning as the smiley face had faded noticeably. Trust me, I was pissed. It's not often that we come across those things, although they are common.

The fight was hyped up here as well. In my defense, i've done my part as a promoter (as far as Okinawa is concerned. Here is a different story.) My buddy on the other hand, has been terrible. His dumb ass centipede wouldn't fight and every other spider he's got has been killed in just a few mins. He talks a big game but can never deliver the food to the figurative table. My apologies loyal Spider Night Fights fans.

Here are some pics of the Mantis anyway:

Oh, what could of been...

As far as the last fight? It lasted for roughly 2 hours and since we are filming the videos on my other friends digital camera, we can only take 2 min clips at a time. This poses a problem, because since we can't predict exactly when the kill will go down, we have to constantly film and then restart every 2 minutes. This leaves many many clips to sift through and edit. That, coupled with the fact that we were quite drunk when the fight went down equals crappy footage and blurry pictures. There are just too many crappy and blurry pics and crappy footage to even put forth the time. There were a few great moments in the fight though. I'll give you a recap of what happened:

-The giant Banana Spider was farely immobile and mostly stayed in the middle while the Champion wanted nothing to do with it. After a short time of inactivity we upped the ante and threw a slightly smaller Huntsman carrying an egg sac that resembled a Shock Tart. For a while they wouldn't do anything at all, that was untill I kept poking the Banana Spider with a wooden spoon. That pissed him off royally. It's pincers tried in vain to bite into the wood but I would just hit him with it and he'd back off. Eventually we got the Champion to go after the egg sac carrier. This was interesting. The Champion, instead of going for the kill, instead bit into the egg sac, which resulted in the two spiders running around trying to secure control of the precious babies. The struggle ended with the Champion gaining control of the sac, which it carried underneath it's body as if it was going to take care of it...

-At one point the Banana Spider tried to escape, which resulted in me slamming the lid shit and slicing a leg clean off. A greenish translucent goo oozed out of the wound, but that didn't stop the Banana Spider. Pissed off, it crawled across the cage towards the smaller Huntsman and proceeded to literally stab the shit out of it's head with it's huge pincers. White stuff started to ooze out of the wounds and a minute or so later the small Huntsman was dead.

A while passed and we grew very bored so we went out for a cigarette. Upon our return approximently 5 minutes later, the Banana Spider was curled on it's side. It was dead. And there sat perched the Champion. Victor of the Battle Royale and with a brand spankin' new egg sac as a trophy!

A few days passed and I pulled the cage out to see the Champion. He had dropped the egg sac, which was now laying in the sand amidst two corpes and a severed leg. Also, the cage reeked. The Banana Spdier was rotting. Using two pens as chopsticks, I pulled the Banana Spider out and noticed that a quarter inch length of it's underside had been sliced open. The greenish ooze had dried up around it. The death of the Banana Spider was not of a severed leg like we initially thought. It appears to have been from the thorax wound. We don't know who actually caused the wound as both Huntsman tangled briefly with it a few times during the 2 hour melee. I flushed the Queen Banana Spider and the Huntsman egg sac down the toilet. A proper burial indeed.

After all this I'm convinced that my Huntsman is invincible. Well, not actually invincible, but fate is on his side. Either that or my buddy is an idiot for drawing a fuckin' smiley face on the back of a praying mantis.

We're not quite sure what's next for Spider Night Fights. The death of the mantis really killed alot of the excitement over here. The mantis was seen as the pinnacle of Spider Fight Nights and since we missed the opportunity for a great fight, nothing less will do. Also, I haven't fed the Champion in over a week and a half.

More to come if anything develops.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 11:44 AM       
Oh well. If you find another mantis, let us know.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 11:48 AM       
You need a more reliable camera, dude :< I for one am very excited about spider deathmatches ;<
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM       
Centipede VS Bat
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mJiHDqE7cbo
Centipede VS Tarantula
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f5gBFMMmGc&NR
Centipede VS Mouse
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CL2hetqpfg
Centipede VS Scorpion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Tvh...elated&search=
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 01:29 PM       
theMAntis would have morelikely suffocated than died of poisoning, drawing on it is like taping parts of your lungs down

Since insects don't have a respritory system per sae they diffuse oxygen through their exoskeleton, so the ink probably blocked off the openings in the exoskeleton after it absorbed into the mantis..

FUN FACT: insects size in tropical/or forested areas (I assume thats where you found the mantis.) is dependant on oxygen concentration, cuz of all that diffusion jazz
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:05 PM       
I wnat to start up an aquatic league, after I procure a lexan or pvc tank to actualy contain the little fella. I'll pit various animls against the god of the seas.

The Mantis Shrimp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoplocarida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu6yr...elated&search=
BANNED

Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:09 PM       
the centipede versus scorpion fight is pretty tight. I like the way the scorpion handles it.
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:50 PM       
this thread is SO STRONG
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....
Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 03:14 AM       
Here Spider Vs Fire Ants

http://www.break.com/movies/matrix_bug_neo_fights.html

this one is good fast watch.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 06:44 AM       
Yeah, i just saw that one a few mins ago. Pretty impressive. I'm curious as to what type of spider that thing is.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 12:32 AM       
It's a cousin of the camel spider (the enarged fangs and the forward facing set of legs, and the segmented sephelothorax)

http://www.hlasek.com/gluvia_dorsalis_6100.html

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Solifugae

Spiders Rule
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 12:34 AM       
Double post
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 01:00 AM       
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 04:57 AM       
Not a fight, but here some pics of the last feeding. It was some sort of grasshopper/leaf bug:

A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 10:11 AM       
Cooooool
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 08:16 PM       
Somehow this video got over 8,000 views in a 13 hour period. I'm curious as to how...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t1HYeuhrGuI
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM       
You could always ask them.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 01:46 AM       
Question is, who is "ProjectPangea" (the user that submitted them). If anybody should be submitting the videos to YouTube, it's WhiteRat since they're his. I hope it's him and not some random person trying to take credit for it.