Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Are vehicles in Banjo a good thing?
Yes 4 33.33%
No 3 25.00%
Dont care 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 11:18 PM       
This game still has you running and jumping about to find collectibles, it's just not as big a part of it as it was in the first two games. The whole story behind the game deals with the huge gap since the last game.

In the beginning Banjo and Kazooie are so out of shape from 10 years of eating pizza and playing video games they can't even preform their original moves. Grunty finally escapes from the cave, and they decide to duke it out once more. Luckily, the Lord Of Games shows up to spare us from the lamest fight in the history of videogames and after giving Grunty a new body, and getting Banjo and Kazooie back into shape, he sends them off to compete in a game of his own.
Man Next Door
HappyHamster is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 11:23 PM       
Awesome.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 12:10 AM       
at least is cheaper tha average 360 game lol

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM       
Someone call Guinness Book! We have 3 pages about Banjo Kazooie!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 06:41 AM       
now they just need to release a sequel to conker's bad fur day that is a first-person rts
Forum Virgin
Cheez is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 09:25 AM       
Simple: Microsoft just wants to ruin another bit of Rare while they're still inexplicably hanging onto the company. It would be sort of like giving Sonic a sword. Oh, wait...
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 12:31 PM       
I love this game. It gets progressively harder and harder and is always satifying. Also, this is the one game with user createable content that I actually want to make myself. Little Big Planet seemed so daunting that I didn't actually want to do anything.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:23 AM       
I played the first two and really liked them. I loved the attacks, the bizzare monsters that would go "Rawr!" and chase you at 2 mph, the surreal worlds, and Grunty going "Ra ra ra, ra ra ra" whenever she spoke. I loved the different puzzles and rooting around and flying blind. It gave me the same feeling Ocarina of Time did the first time I played it.

Maybe it's because I'm not much of a vehicle person, but the idea of Banjo and Kazooie having everything car-related just bugs me. I'd be fine if they put some feature in like there were car-racing events in levels (like the DK minecart races), but it just seems to much to make it all cars. The only racing games I've played regularly are Mario Kart and Mario Kart: Double Dash, which mostly gets the appeal of being able to throw a shell at my brother's kart. The racing game I played that Banjo was in was Diddy Kong Racing, which I gave up on because the racing was fine at first but it got boring to have it the entire game.

Anyway, that's just my thought on it. No, I'm not grumpy because I've got a Wii (I'm perfectly happy with my Wii). Just my opinion. I prefer games that let you run around and search and swim and have more freedom.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:25 AM       
I'm still diggin' it. The progression's still satisfying. And Klurgon's arcade is psychotic.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Anyway, that's just my thought on it. No, I'm not grumpy because I've got a Wii (I'm perfectly happy with my Wii). Just my opinion. I prefer games that let you run around and search and swim and have more freedom.
I think that's my biggest gripe. The other games had a mentality of "Oh shit, look up there! Wanna go up there? Find a way!"

This game seems more like "Oh shit, look up there! Wanna go up there? Well, you can't! Not until you get the proper pieces! Oh, you made a car? That's pretty cool! Oops, you did it wrong! LOL!!! Back to the lab! Learn physics asshole!"

They've swapped the immediacy of impulse platforming and replaced it with a system that requires planning and forethought. I'm just more of an instant gratification kinda guy.
Man Next Door
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM       
So you have to do a little extra work instead of waltzing around and being spoon fed every tiny little thing. Big deal.
pickled
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 09:23 PM       
You make this game sound harder than it actually is. You get some basic vehicle design blueprints early in the first few levels that you can use if you don't want to be creative in make your own. That, and the fact you can switch out your vehicles or add on to them at any time helps make you not feel frustrated at it. Also the test track for all the vehicles helps you see just how stupid your designs are.
Insane Writer
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHamster View Post
So you have to do a little extra work instead of waltzing around and being spoon fed every tiny little thing. Big deal.
I'd hardly call the first two Banjo-Kazooie games spoon feeding every tiny thing. But maybe that's just me.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:21 AM       
I gave up on Tooie, it was too much for my little 10 year old mind
Insane Writer
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:35 AM       
I'll confess, I cheated a bit with Tooie. My brother got the player's guide with it for Christmas.

Kazooie I did not, so it took a lot longer. I did look up how to get the Stop 'N Swop things.

That reminds me, did Rare ever come out with what the Stop 'N Swop was supposed to be about? I have a theory, but I'm curious about what they say.
pickled
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 12:41 AM       
Quote:
I'll confess, I cheated a bit with Tooie. My brother got the player's guide with it for Christmas.

Kazooie I did not, so it took a lot longer. I did look up how to get the Stop 'N Swop things.

That reminds me, did Rare ever come out with what the Stop 'N Swop was supposed to be about? I have a theory, but I'm curious about what they say.
I know Stop 'N Swop works between Banjo Kazooie on XBLA and the new game.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 09:37 AM       
i never played the first 2 completly i had jet force gemini and conker at the time so i pushed the away

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Man Next Door
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM       
Quote:
I'd hardly call the first two Banjo-Kazooie games spoon feeding every tiny thing. But maybe that's just me.
I wasnt talking about the first two Banjo-Kazooie games at all... I was saying that Id rather do work in -any- game instead of having something given to me right off. Its not nearly as gratifying that way, you know?