Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:06 PM        Think I approve every review?
Here's a recent attempt at reviewing the game, Pong:

Tennis for 2 sound like pong? WeLL FUCKIN AL ALCORN COPIED HAGINBOTHAM. Why doesent i-mockery have a catagory for oscilloscopes? 1962 the day when true viedo games were born a day that will live in infomy. WEll you all know about pong this is pretty much like it.

And here's the follow-up review of the afformentioned Tennis for 2:

This game was the first graphical vedio game ever! I-mockery should have vacum tubes as a choice. Made in 1952 by A.S Dougless at University of Cambridge on Human-Computer interraction.

Game Play:10 considering how old this is it pretty good

Graphics: 9 wll i dont know i had to pretend a online tic-tac-toe was it. But this game is pretty old so how could these graphics be bad

Music:1 no music

Orignality:10 How could it not be original it was the first game ever

Overal:9

In short, we need more competent reviewers, and we need the regular ones to do more reviews, more often.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:33 PM       
Hahaha classic.

Boogie and I will both keep an eye out for regular reviewers though, and if we see somebody consistently submitting quality reviews on a fairly regular basis, we might invite them to join the I-Mockery staff.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:18 PM       
Speaking of which. Boogie, what is the standard requirements for screenshots? When I sent in my review for StarTropics, you didn't use the images I sent along with it, so I imagine I did something wrong.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:35 PM       
Yes I did. I just resized them and converted them to gifs. Those are the only two requirements: size and gif format.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:25 PM       
http://www.i-mockery.com/classicgame...console&ID=595
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Hahaha classic.

Boogie and I will both keep an eye out for regular reviewers though, and if we see somebody consistently submitting quality reviews on a fairly regular basis, we might invite them to join the I-Mockery staff.

I dunno about italian, but I haven't been submitting any lately and we each used to do like 2 a week :/

I'm pretty sure he's stopped due to all the new (crappy) reviewers too.

That was very funny. Well done.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:53 PM       
Test Tube submits quite a few decent reviews to movies, as do the Alien Gremlin and Cpt. Hayfever.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:52 AM       
Quote:
1962 the day when true viedo games were born a day that will live in infomy

He gave it a one for music but still gave it a nine overall
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Pickled Patriarch
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 12:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
I dunno about italian, but I haven't been submitting any lately SOUP we each used to do like 2 a week
Aye, but Boogie and I were already talking about adding both of ya to the staff anyway, so hopefully that'll inspire you both a bit. You both have done a buncha good reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Test Tube submits quite a few decent reviews
Aye, he's already on the staff though for all of the metal music reviews he sends in.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:36 PM       
[quote="Mockery"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
I dunno about italian, but I haven't been submitting any lately and we each used to do like 2 a week

Aye, but Boogie and I were already talking about adding both of ya to the staff anyway, so hopefully that'll inspire you both a bit. You both have done a buncha good reviews.
Groovy. I submitted one last night and I'll go back to my old ways soon

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 01:52 AM       
i too am returning to regular submissions. i just did one for splatterhouse on the turbo.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:02 AM       
I still wanna know where my screenshots went.
The Wolf
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 03:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
i just did one for splatterhouse on the turbo.
Oh you are so fucking dead

James: You try 'n steal our thunder and we'll kill ya

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 03:50 AM       
blah blah blah, i do turbo games, you do sega games and everything is else is up for grabs.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 06:31 AM       
For a while I only reviewed games that hadn't been reviewed yet, but then people started reviewing some of my favorite games and I just said "fuck it".

MaskedMonk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 12:25 AM       
Well crap, I certainly feel better about my terrible review of Krull: The Atari Game that is terrible. All of my non-terrible reviews aren't updated yet. I was having a similar problem to FS, because people were giving good reviews to games I know to be terrible. So really, not a problem, but seriously, there are many games that nobody should pretend are good ever.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 07:19 AM       
And the reverse is true too. I've seen people taking games apart which I absolutely loved.

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 01:16 PM       
People seem to only review games that they like, which is weird, considering, you know, the name of the website.
The Wolf
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedMonk
People seem to only review games that they like, which is weird, considering, you know, the name of the website.
Not really...Not everyone is a Mr. Mockery or Dr. Boogie so mocking reviews is rarely funny coming from us. "Classic" means different things to different people. To me, classic games are the ones I grew up playing and they're the ones I'll review before doing a lot of games I don't like.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 02:08 PM       
Well, I think if I-Mockery had a Rom Reviews section like the Rom Hack Reviews, people would be more inclined to write more cynical and mocking reviews about shitty games. Since the CGR are just an extensive list of personal opinions, there's little to no reason to try and come off as humorous and review bad games for the sake of being funny.

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:45 PM       
Well, I was hella pissed that there was no review of Spider Man and Venom - Maximum Carnage because that's the best side scrolling game where you punch people and throw things at them that I've ever played, so I submitted one of that. But the review of Moulin Rouge was positive, so I had to submit a counter review. I mean, there was no excuse for that movie.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 07:40 PM       
Since the CGR are just an extensive list of personal opinions, there's little to no reason to try and come off as humorous and review bad games for the sake of being funny.

Not true actually, because the ones that get featured on the main page get MUCH more traffic than most of the other ones. That being said, I try to feature the most well-written and informative reviews on the main page... but HUMOR is also often a big thing that can help me make my decision. If a review is entertaining to read, that will often rank it higher than another one as far as I'm concerned. This goes for all of the review sites on I-Mockery.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 07:43 PM       
Eh... I guess I'll give it a try. Now I just gotta find a game that is really gay that hasn't been done on SomethingAwful (to prevent influence).

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 09:39 PM       
This is the only gay game I am aware of, but it fails in the other category.
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 07:01 AM       
Quote:
if we see somebody consistently submitting quality reviews on a fairly regular basis, we might invite them to join the I-Mockery staff.
Err... I offered to do an Amiga section!
Plus I do some good reviews for movies and music. I mean, Manowar. MANOWAR!!!!!