Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 05:43 PM        Aura Pictures
Well, I guess this goes here. Maybe. OK, so I've been reading some Piers Anthony novels ... again. It's been awhile.

Suspending disbelief and acquiescing (sp?) to the hypothetical, if you could take a picture of your aura, what colors, shades, brilliance would it reveal?

Are you more defined by your evil or your goodness and what would that balance be at this point, in percentages?

If you haven't read the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony, I highly recommend it. It's all about the bureaucracy involved in managing the cosmmos. If you're a fan of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, you'd probably enjoy these novels.

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM       
Piers anthony was my favorite author when I was a young one. Incarnations of immortality was what got me started on them I read all of them except the god one, which i believe was the last one. His space tyrant one is good too.

Aura photography is called Kirlian photography. If you throw that into google you're likely to find many pages with lots of information in it. From what I remember reading about it, most aura photography is fake. This was a few years ago, but at the time the biggest object they could get an aura image of was the thumb. It may have improved since then, though.
If you start looking into "spiritual technology" you're bound to find out alot about the Monroe institute. Through that you can learn about Hemi-sync technology and even lucid dreaming machines and trance goggle type things.
Alot of it makes some sense, for example: Hemi-sync technology is based on the idea of our brain waves. Alpha and beta waves and such like that.. their frequency is so low that our brain can't even normally comprehend it, however hemi-sync supposes that you can play one frequency in each ear, and because of the way the brain registers sound it will register the "Difference" of them.. so if you're listening to a frequency of 200 and 205hz, you're hear a frequency of five which is equivalent to the brain's Theta stage which is a light sleep stage. That kind of technology is also called Binural beats..
I have a link to a "Brain wave generator" that creates binural beats and such, and I know there's sites online that sell kirlian cameras/accessories.. just be careful about that, they can run some money and it would suck to get ripped off.

And as for aura colours, 'they' say that since red is the lowest vibration is more earthly and material, while the highest vibration is purple which is more spiritual. There's alot of information about that sort of stuff online, and who knows if any of them can even see auras?
http://kirlian.org/kirlian.htm
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 11:30 AM       
I started on his Xanth books in junior high. They're absolute rubbish, but the Incarnations series is good stuff.

I don't really have faith in absolute evil or good per se. Those are moral judgements, and as such, depend on a moral judge. The various gods dreamed up by or revealed to mankind have had different takes on where the line falls, and almost any action could be seen as good in one man or one god's morality, yet evil in another's.

So if you have an aura, does it read as good if you think you are good, or does it look good if god thinks you are good?
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 04:14 PM       
Value judgements absolutely come from established social morrays. I think that he, in the Immortality Series, was coming from a Western point of view. It would be interesting to see how this series may have came out had Anthony approached it with more of a world-view slant to it.

I'm not to crazy about the Xanth series myself. I think that you may enjoy this series, though, Ziggy:

Quote:
MODE Series
Virtual Mode Putnam/Ace hc 91; pb 91
Fractal Mode Putnam/Ace hc 92 pb 92
Chaos Mode Putnam/Ace hc 93 pb 95
DoOon Mode TOR hc 01, pb 02

Meh! Perhaps this should have been in the Reading forum. :/

Wherever you go, there you are.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 12:39 AM       
Nah, because I never would have seen it, and never would have gone out to pick up On A Pale Horse after work today.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 03:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
Value judgements absolutely come from established social morrays.
I can see how mores would be relevant, but why eels? :/

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 10:16 AM       
that's a moray, seth (one R)