Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 06:59 PM        Europeans Interested In Obama
You know it is going to be a great journalistic masterpiece when the people are already saying that where Bush failed surely will Obama succeed. However, few feel it important to mention that Bush's failure suddenly was not so clear after Germany and France elected conservative leaders in 2006, but that is besides the point...
Obama is going to save our respect! The amazing Europeans will back us one day again...
Europeans, who typically have little interest in U.S. presidential primary contests, are likely to tune in as well.
I thought they were quite interested in American foreign policy but that could just be the Iraq talking.
"After Iowa much of Europe wants to know more about Barack Obama," said Christoph von Marschall, Washington bureau chief for Germany's Der Tagesspiegel newspaper and author of the book "Barack Obama, The Black Kennedy."
The Black Kennedy? What a great title! Kennedy had affairs with former Nazi spies and women who were moles for organized crime, allegedly. Perhaps Obama can follow the great JFK's legacy and have some multicultural affairs with spies from the Arab world or women affiliated with Colombian drug cartels. He is off to an illustrious start.
Obama's popularity has soared in Europe since his startling win in Iowa, with European newspapers and television networks from Stockholm to Berlin to London now filled with images of the Illinois senator.
ABC

Now that is great -- it seems like an awesome Freudian slip to note that the images filling the newspaper are wooing Europeans, almost as if to say that the message which Obama has (which really can be summed up in, I'm not Bush, I'm not corrupt, I hate Iraq and Oprah thinks I am the One) is just as irrelevant as ever.

We all know the guy likes to talk like all politicians. I am not sure if he has any intent on fulfilling any of his promises.
But perhaps we'll get lucky and have another Kennedy on our hands.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 07:21 PM       
I like trying to guess what your point is just by reading the titles of your threads. For instance, I thought the point of "Mohammed's 9 year old wife" was going to be "Islam's #1 prophet was a pedo," but you totally threw me a curveball and revealed that the point was "I'm an internet troll!"

Ah, but back to this thread: you accuse JFK of allegedly hooking up with nazis and moles, and then you say if we're lucky, Obama will be just like the "alleged JFK" you've created. Are you really so petty that you'd like to see Obama hurt the US if the democrats win the election?

Also, you said that Obama was off to an "illustrious start". My gut tells me this was just an offhanded remark that wasn't actually referencing anything in particular, but you put it with your "alleged JFK" description. Maybe you were trying to say something there, but wanted the reader to decided what you're trying to say for you.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM       
I bet it'll make KKK even more paranoid if I tell him that the majority of people in Canada would like to see Obama win, too. An Obama/Edwards ticket would give us all major hard-ons for the US again.

Or McCain if it's gotta be Republicans.
AlliSabbah is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:56 AM       
I usually go against anything Oprah promotes. Hell she gave us Dr. Phil. Blech!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp View Post
I bet it'll make KKK even more paranoid if I tell him that the majority of people in Canada would like to see Obama win, too. An Obama/Edwards ticket would give us all major hard-ons for the US again.
That's where I thought this thread was headed. I thought he was going to say something about our enemies in Afganistan/Iraq/Iran/etc hoping that Obama would win, and then he would surreptitiously mention that other countries that pulled out of the ol' WoT also have a case of Obamania.

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 02:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp View Post
That ticket just made me cream my panties.