Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 10:03 PM        The IT crowd.
http://atariboy.wordpress.com/2006/0...owd-episode-2/

Download the first two episodes here ^

I've just started watching episode 1 and it should be good because the first scene had Chris Morris of brass eye fame. Also its got the black bloke from Garth Merangie's Dark Place who is usually funny.

I'll keep you posted!
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 10:53 PM       
As I suspected it was quite good. Although I dont really like the Scottish bloke too much. The other guy who was in Darkplace was brilliant. Im suprised he hasn't been in more programms as he is really funny.

I think it would have been better if it was a bit less 'wacky'. The slapstick style jokes, like when the fire extinguisher caught fire cracked me up but other bits like him confusing golf and fire where just not funny.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:54 AM       
i dont like the irish/scottish guy (whatever he is) or the woman that much but maurese is great. i have to agree it is a bit too 'wacky' sometimes but the new emergency servers gag was funny

im a big fan of black books and father ted so ill be keeping an eye on this one (same writer)

what really annoys me tho is channel 4 (or at least the guy who announces stuff between shows) calling it the 'it' crowd rather than the 'I.T' crowd, makes it sound like a american highschool sitcom about the highs and lows about being popular.

(edit) oh and the guy from darkplace has been in at least one episode of the mighty boosh (nanapocolepse episode) as well, but he needs to be in MORE STUFF l

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:21 PM       
I liked the joke where maurese(sp?) e-mailed the emergency services and then when the other bloke (of unknown origin) came back he was just sat at his computer playing FEAR waiting for them to come.
Also when he said "I bough the adult and children's editions to check there are no differences in the text" made me laugh.

Im still undecided on Chris Morris' character, I quite like him but I think in things like brass eye he was practically playing himself whereas in this he has to act, which im not sure if he can do all that well.

I think black books would have been quite rubbish if it did not have Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran (sp?) in. You can tell they put alot of themselves into each character and they both do fantastic standup.

"My plug fell in Tizer"

The IT crowd would have been my new favourite show if they cast Bill Bailey as a tech support guy instead of that scottish bloke. He would do it brilliantly.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 01:45 PM       
Yeah, REALLY strange watching Chris Morris do a 'straight' sitcom role - he must be skint..
..it was ok. Kind of trying to be an ironic 70s sitcom or something. Nothing too special. CM was the best thing about it. Although the black nerdy guy was amusing in places.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 02:47 PM       
I hope someone writes a really good new sitcom soon, as far as im concerned peepshow has been the only new-ish sitcom which has really caught my attention, althouth even that started to loose its charm in the third series.

Guess i'll just have to watch knowing me knowing you and im alan partridge again, for the 100th time :/

Im suprised no one has attempted to make an english animated series similar to Family guy/American dad. I doubt it would work well at all but it might be funny to hear references to celebrities i've actually heard of.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM       
british animation is basicly dead at the moment, except for 2dtv i suppose. unfortunatly it sucks ass (lolz george bush is stupid, victoria beckham cant sing kekekekekekeke)

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 02:53 PM       
ooh, what about monkey dust. What was fucking awsome!

I need to download that post haste.
Mocker
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 03:04 PM       
Quote:
british animation is basicly dead at the moment
Erm...it is meant for kids and not adults, but I work on the cartoon series The Amazing Adrenalini Brothers, (a British/Canadian production) so keep an eye out for it (ITV sat mornings and friday afternoons), you might just enjoy it..

I agree MM, there hasn't been that much to get excited about UK comedy wise...although I have to disagree with you about Peepshow series 3, I thought it was great!
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 03:18 PM       
It was good, especially the episode where Jeremy starts going out with Mark's sister ("Why dont I phone up grandad and tell him I think he's a boring twat"), that was one of the best of all three series' in my opinion.

I just feel that when the first series came out it was really fresh and the characters where absolutly hilarious (I remember the first time I saw the episode where mark leaves sophie an answer phone message I almost soiled myself in laughter). But in the newest series it was still funny but has lost some of of its charm of bieng so new and original. Also I dont really like the latest sophie character, the way she was played in S1 and 2 was better.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 07:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
ooh, what about monkey dust. What was fucking awsome!

I need to download that post haste.
oh yeah forgot about that, monkey dust is awesome

and ill have to keep an eye out for the The Amazing Adrenalini Brothers, either download it or attempt to remember to see the friday afternoon episode (no way ill be up early enough to see it on saturday)

autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM       
yeah when I first read about this, having DEAN LEARNER! in it AND chris morris i thought it might be the british comedy that nathan barley could have been. theyre both good in it but considering what theyve done in the past i was expecting it tobe a lot funnier. maybe they just didnt want to be accused of trying to make another office. there is however no excuse for that irish bloke. MM, i still cant sign up for uknova.com...are you sure theyre still accepting memberships?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 01:48 PM       
Episode 3 was quite good, the Irish bloke was considerably funnier than the first two. Infact I think this was the best episode yet. With any luck the trend will continue and by about series 2 it'll actually be a really good show.

As for UK nova, im not a member. I think Dudefather uses it though.
Mocker
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 04:25 PM       
Is chris morris actually in any more? Cos hes not in the 3rd is he?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:06 PM       
I dont know. I hope so, he's one of the best thing ever to happen to comedy... Excluding this show :/
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM       
yeah i gots uknova, got the download elsewhere tho....(checks again...)....

http://ts.searching.com/search.asp?h...x=0&submit.y=0

there ya go

have yet to watch episode 3 yet

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 01:22 PM       
Goths are people, too.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 02:02 PM       
I liked the part where he gave the cradle of filth CD to the boss's mother and then it cuts to chris morris with his mouth open for about 5 seconds.

Also "Do I amaze you?"
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:48 PM       
Chris Morris should have stabbed the cast of this shit before it could ever get released. Laugh-track? OMFG NO!
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:25 PM       
laugh tracks are pretty horrible, compare the pilot episode of the mighty boosh to the refilmed 1st episode, one had a laugh track and the other diddnt.

i dont need a simulated audience to tell me what i should find funny :P

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:26 PM       
I saw the first season of this, but my brother hadn't, so I explained the plot as a stripped down Black Books with Manny crossed with Rimmer from Red Dwarf. My synopses of each episode had him in tears of laughter, but when he actually saw it he punched me in the arm because I hadn't told him about the crap bits.
Mocker
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 04:40 AM       
Quote:
Chris Morris should have stabbed the cast of this shit before it could ever get released. Laugh-track? OMFG NO!
it is actually filmed in front of a live audience - or at least thats what Graham Linehan said on't radio.