Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
also i bought kennen today for 6300 IP :O been rockin though
i think i might buy fiddledicks too
Please don't get Fiddle.

He use to be one of the coolest champs, but they have nerfed him so hard into the ground a few patches ago that he is actually one of the worst ones in the game.

Kinda goes to my point at to why it's ghey.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 12:12 PM       
I gotta update my drivers I guess. My pc barely handled the tutorial
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
what's your name there 10k?

10KVoltGhost

I gotta get used to playing RTS' again. It's come a long way since AOE2
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 03:22 PM       
well... i mostly wanted to get Fiddle so i could have a crowd control character. not so much a damage character

he's got silence and fear. silence is pretty cool

who else is good at cc?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 03:31 PM       
Nunu's got lots of slow, Malzahar's ult is a nice supress, (as is Wawa's), Singed is the king of CC with his peanut butter and his flip, and Malphite's a pretty decent choice with a slow and a knock-up.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM       
Actually, disregard everything I just said and get Janna. Every one of her moves is a CC-type, except for the shield that's really good anyway.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM       
hmm i still think fiddlesticks has the best cc lol. i did like malzahar a lot and he has a silence too, but he's like 6300 i think
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM       
You're going to be really disappointed, then, when you play with high-ELOs and have a completely ineffective champion.

If you want to get better, master Twisted Fate. Then you become total pro.
BANNED

Old Jun 8th, 2011, 10:55 PM       
oh yea i was thinking of buying him

since i bought kennen ive been doing a lot better. I pretty much carried the last two games i played. i just need to stop being so ballsy towards the end of the game
i was in a bunch of 3v1 fights and would take them out, but then karthus' stupid skill would take me out when i had low health ;/
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 11:12 AM       
Do you play HoN Mattjack? I have been thinking about checking it out for a while but have always decided against it because I dont know anyone who plays. That and I didnt know you could make your own maps.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 12:13 PM       
I actually have had it for a while (even buying an account for my brother), but nobody really plays it. If you want I can send you a free trial. They are trying to make it a bit more noob friendly too. The shop now has the #1 voted build for everyone character, and the #1 skill order (which you can automate) so that you can focus more on the mechanics of the game when you start.

I don't really play that often tbh, but I feel it's a better game than LoL. Only $30 for lifetime updates.
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 01:01 PM       
Nobody really plays it? Is it hard to get a game or something?
Role Assigner
Old Jun 9th, 2011, 03:01 PM       
No, I meant none of my friends play it. They like LoL a bit. Tons of folks play HoN though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM       
I've bought nothing but skins and I've only got a couple of them.

Corporate Mundo is righteous, though. He's my favorite skin ever. And I think $15 is a small price to pay for how much I've played this damn game.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 04:47 AM       
i love this game. i don't understand the criticisms of "well it's free but it's not really free"

yes it is. if you enjoy the game, and if you want to play more of it, you pay a bit. if you enjoy the game, but can hold off on some content, you don't have to pay anything. if you really want to pay for a large chunk of content, they have packs that include characters, skins and even more riot points to get whatever you want with. i personally love the whole "pay for what you want" system, i'd rather not pay anything and slowly gather characters and explore their kits and playstyles than be given everything at once and have no motivation to continue. that's the reason league is so addictive, because you're working toward something; runes, champs, whatever, there's this whole metagame that drives each and every game, win or loss.

i'm honestly not sure if HoN has it, so forgive me if it does, but having everything unlocked at the start. that's less appealing to me, for whatever reason. i've never bought a hero with RP, just some skins here and there that come out to roughly $50 i think, which is more than fair considering the amount of fun this game's given me

play singed, fate and swain mostly. i like gragas a lot but he's SO BAD.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 07:01 AM       
I don't necessarily think people are criticizing it for being free with pay options. But if they are it is a bit silly because all F2Ps work like that.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 04:17 PM       
Whats your summoner name Schimid?
Role Assigner
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 12:58 AM       
HoN and LoL are just two different games. I think they get lumped together due to their core format.

LoL does feel a bit like an MMO to me as I'm constantly on the never ending grind for gear (or characters). Plus, as I said before, they place new characters (and more recently, items) so quickly into the game that it often times diminishes other characters. Sometimes outright rendering others as completely useless when given the option of Character A or Character B.

I can see where people like to grind for stuff in their games. My brothers love those types of games, and they like LoL a lot because of it. LoL also loses points with me because of the summoners spells, trees, runes. I feel like it takes away from a character's uniqueness a good bit as you can essentially morph them into a tank, carry, or support.

Thinking more on it, the teams in LoL are pretty standard. CC+TANKY DPS+OFF HEAL/TANKY DPS+CC+CARRY = Win for the most part. Pack Flash/Exhaust or Flash/Ignite and you're good to go. There are so many Get Out of Jail Free Cards in the game that it is ridiculous. Plus it focuses SO much on the laning and farming phase.

OK OK OK, I'll stop. I just played that game a lot over about 15 months and it just left me with a bad taste in my mouth after becoming acutely aware of how Riot runs their business.

HoN is a completely different approach to the same type of game. I just prefer it more after dealing with Riot for so long. Plus, I really loathe this new trend in games that is "pay-as-you-play" and "free-to-play." Even the new CoD (yuck) is releasing a new Elite Pack or some shit where you pay an extra $6 a month to do something or another. Maybe they are adding skill trees and cool new skins that you'll get for an additional fee.

Anyways, I got to get back to my boring ass Words With Friends game. Only 84 more games and I can get the New Collector Edition Tiles. I guess I could just pay another .99 to get them early. I mean, it's only a dollar right?
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
LoL also loses points with me because of the summoners spells, trees, runes. I feel like it takes away from a character's uniqueness a good bit as you can essentially morph them into a tank, carry, or support.
This is exactly why I like LoL.

Quote:
HoN is a completely different approach to the same type of game. I just prefer it more after dealing with Riot for so long. Plus, I really loathe this new trend in games that is "pay-as-you-play" and "free-to-play."
Im still checking out HoN but it appears it has a store to pay as you play as well... I dont understand how they are different in this regard. Unless you consider that you simply dont have to buy champs. Speaking of champs, does HoN ever release new ones?

The one thing that really bothers me with HoN is denial. I hate that shit. Mostly because Im color blind and its hard enough for me to tell whos creeps are whos. In LoL I at least know that if I can attack them they arent mine.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:56 AM       
I love the fact that they broke Denyplank in LoL. Of course, that makes him stand on his own virtues now and he doesn't have any, so he ends up useless. At least he doesn't break the lane anymore.
Role Assigner
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM       
Dimnos, yeah I can see why people like LoL due to the trees, summer spells, etc. Different strokes for different folks.

The difference with the HoN store is that all the items are vanity items. Skins, new voice overs, etc. Nothing that gives you the upper hand like new champs, runes, xp boosts, etc. Yes, HoN just released two new champions. Everyone got them. They do a bit more testing before they are officially released. You can play games that allow champions in development actually.

It's like if Street Fighter IV AE was completely Free To Play, but you only get to play 8 characters. Then the next week those characters change. You can buy the characters if you want for five bucks a piece, or you can play about 25 hours of gameplay and unlock one with Capcom money. Meanwhile, I paid X amount of dollars to have 25 of the fighters, plus I've been playing long enough to where I have boosts (runes, spells) that allow me to have more moves and tougher armor thus giving me more of an advantage. It's free to play, but the game is stacked in my favor, heavily.

I love deny When they took away Denyplank in LoL and reworked him into Shit Tier it really hurt me. Enough people QQed about his ONLY valid skill that they removed it. It also goes back to my other point that in LoL you are so reliant on laning to level. Then you gotta hurry back to the shop and get that item so you aren't totally useless.
BANNED

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 10:23 PM       
2 games in a row where somebody leaves right at the begining ;/ then you have to wait 20 minutes until you can surrender, and nobody will vote to surrender.

hate this game.