Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 09:37 PM        NEW TITLE! SONY PULLS STUPIDEST MOVE IN COMPANY HITORY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP.com
Sony has been anything but talkative these past few months regarding their plans for PlayStation 3. No one except Sony seemed to anticipate they'd continue to meet their projected spring release date in any territory, even Japan.
Today, Sony officially conceded defeat to the recent flurry of rumors and speculation, with Japanese newspaper Nihon Keizai Shimbun reporting the machine has been pushed back until November.

There aren't many details out right now, but Sony says issues over the finalization of copy protection technology related to their Blu-ray disc drive is the cause of the delay.

When asked for a comment, a Sony Computer Entertainment America spokesperson only went on record saying that SCEI has not issued any official statement itself yet.

As the news is coming out of Japan, that creates a worrisome scenario for America and Europe. There were already rumblings Sony wouldn't be able to launch in all territories before the end of the year, but missing out on the Christmas season over here could prove a deadly blow to Sony's next-generation plans.

Somewhere in Microsoft's offices, Bill Gates just opened a bottle of champagne. With more details expected at tomorrow's PlayStation conference and the Game Developers Conference just around the corner, it appears the flood gates (for good or ill) are about to be unleashed.
So it seems that Sony will be at a disadvantage when it releases, being the last console to launch, and missing out on the XMas season completely. In a way, though, this could be a good thing. Maybe now it won't cost a fucking fortune when it releases. It probably will, though.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 11:09 PM       
Wasn't one of the first confirmed details about it is that it'll cost a lot? Paying a lot for a console isn't a big deal to me, but I'm not lookin forward to the ps3 anyway.

That was very funny. Well done.
Now with less sodium!

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 11:45 PM       
Paying a lot isn't so bad, but it is when you're paying a fortune, and it STILL doesn't cover the cost to produce. Here's a few PS3 facts to look over:

PRICE: Will most likely range between 500-700 big ones

COST TO MANUFACTURE: Closer to 900 bucks

BLUE-RAY: New technology, causing spike in prices, and difficulties in programming

GAME PRICE: Games will most likely cost between 60-80 dollars on the PS3, as compared to the 50-60 on XBox360 and Revolution

If you put all of this together, along with the fact that they will not make the holiday sales fever, you don't really have to favorable an outcome, at least within the first few months of the system being on sale.

One other thing I'd like to point out. The first Blue-Ray player costs close to $1400. If they are manufacturing PS3s for 900, then what is the quality of the components in the machine?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 12:57 AM       
Well, gotta say. None of this looks good for ps3 fan boys

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 01:00 AM       
Its gonna be the dreamcast all over again!
Now with less sodium!

Old Mar 15th, 2006, 01:14 AM       
No. No it won't. The Dreamcast released first, but was overshadowed by the PS2. THIS, however, is releasing last, and is being overshadowed by it's own shortcomings and massive price tag.

EDIT: Also, in reference to Zomboid's "fanboy" reference, I would like to point out to certain people (James, I'm talking to you, fanboy), that none of what I have said makes me a fanboy. It is all accurate fact with some minor worst-case scenario prediction. If you go off topic about how I fuck the ground Miyamoto walks on, not only will you be ignored, but you will prove that you have absolutely nothing valuable to say on any topic ever. Unless you are going to comment on the FACTS, or post links disproving what I have stated, then just keep your damn mouth shut.
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:26 AM       
I'm definitely not happy about the PS3 being pushed back, but at least theres a bunch of PS2 games I can still look forward to until then :/
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
EDIT: Also, in reference to Zomboid's "fanboy" reference, I would like to point out to certain people (James, I'm talking to you, fanboy), that none of what I have said makes me a fanboy.

This is what we call "carryover." Someone who can't let go has to bleed a conversation into other threads, to infect them with the same bullshit they got called on in the original thread. Be careful mentioning Sony anywhere on the boards, guys. Immortal Goat will keep saying my name in Bloody Mary fashion, calling me forth to once again smack him down for the fanboy that he is.

Also, be careful mentioning Nintendo, Microsoft, or hula hoops.

(In other words, Immortal Goat, I think it's been painfully obvious to everyone except you that I wasn't fucking serious, and you are an endless source of entertainment for getting your panties so bunched up)

Anyway, there's a rumor that Sony might pull off a REALLY ballsy move, and to a simultaneous release for Japan, North America, and Europe for November.

In fact, there's a conference going on as we speak, and I believe this may have just been confirmed for November 6th. I have to say, I'm really excited to see what the fuck happens here, as this could be epic, or horrifying.
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:50 AM       
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/696/696054p1.html
SIMLUTANEOUS RELEASE FOR ALL 3 TERRITORIES :o

1M PS3s to be produced per month :o
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:50 AM       
It's fucking true. Change thread title now cuz this is CRAZY GO NUTS!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/696/696054p1.html

Holy shit holy shit holy shit.\\NO FUCK YOU MARC SUMMERS
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:54 AM       
Oh my feelings

"Hey how it goi-"
FUCK YOU
"Bu-"
NO FUCK YOU
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 02:55 AM       
Going.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 03:01 AM       
Going.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 03:06 AM       
GONE.

Also, PSP base system $200 end of March. PS1 emulation for PSP coming.

All games to use Blu-Ray.

Developers told to make games with the assumption that a hard drive will be present.

All PS2 and PS1 games will be displayed in hi-def resolutions for the PS3

Basic online service is free, to start up when the PS3 is released.

60GB HDD with Linux pre-installed

Online service to be handled by GameSpy FUCKING SHIT ASS FUCK COCK NO

Unconfirmed: Price will be over $425.
The Wolf
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 03:20 AM       
Ahh fuck. I wanted to get a revolution next and then finally a ps3 but whatever. I might just not get either of those if the 360 keeps being so awesome.

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ELDER SCROLLS 4: OBLIVION.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 03:32 AM       
I've really been very unimpressed with the 360 thus far, as have many folks. What about it are you so enthralled with?
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 03:56 AM       
Sony pwned your asses. Viva Revolution!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 04:03 AM       
fuck these new fangled pieces of crap, all three next gen consoles are bullshit
Charming
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 04:21 AM       
Not so. Like I said above, Nintendo's is shaping up to be the best of all, nay ever!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 04:30 AM       
i'm still kind of iffy on the revolution because i fear change
Charming
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 05:08 AM       
Isn't that what every Nintendo system has done? Done something different that the other guys wouldn't? And they've been great, haven't they?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 05:40 AM       
they've been great, no doubt about that, but they haven't really done anything different than the "other guy" since the NES.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 05:56 AM       
im more looking forward to rev, mainly because it will be cheaper

ill probobly end up getting all three eventualy though, in years to come

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 06:07 AM       
you reveloution buyers better watch out because i could totally kick the asses of everyone here at super smash brothers online
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 08:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Paying a lot isn't so bad, but it is when you're paying a fortune, and it STILL doesn't cover the cost to produce. Here's a few PS3 facts to look over:

PRICE: Will most likely range between 500-700 big ones

COST TO MANUFACTURE: Closer to 900 bucks

BLUE-RAY: New technology, causing spike in prices, and difficulties in programming

GAME PRICE: Games will most likely cost between 60-80 dollars on the PS3, as compared to the 50-60 on XBox360 and Revolution
Another reason it is delayed is that the developers need to use a special compiler called the "octopiler" to compile their game's code to run on the cell processor. Last I heard, IBM couldn't get this compiler to work properly.