Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM       
Why the 360 over the PC? Possible downloadable stuff?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 07:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Like the stealth system where everyone automatically knows where you are after seeing you even if you leave their line of sight and teleport to china

or how everyone in the game is the same level as I am

and how all the characters are just fucking UGLY
well i dunno how the stealth is gonna be or how ugly things are gonna be but i've read they aren't gonna be doing the whole "everything levels up with you" thing, at least

i'm gonna try and get an illicit copy to see if my pc can run it before i decide what version i'm gonna go with in the end i'd rather not have to play it on 360 unless i have to
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Why the 360 over the PC? Possible downloadable stuff?
How should I know? That's just what I'm buying.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 12:34 AM       
I watched some demo footage a while ago and it looks pretty fun. It's obviously not the same as the original games, but it looks like the VATS thing is gonna be pretty fun and does a good job of capturing the style of the old games' targeting system. I'd like to see more of the towns and things though. For me, the gameplay is one half of what's important, and the other half is the story and setting. The fallout world was just so fun and unique that if they don't emulate that very well, people will be disappointed

That was very funny. Well done.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 01:42 AM       
You trying your best to avoid any patches and mods that come out, Fathom?

I never get anything on a console that I can get on PC, which probably explains why we've got all of four games for the 360.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM       
This fall is going to be pretty sweet.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 01:23 PM       
Yah. Fallout 3 is gonna rock.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
You trying your best to avoid any patches and mods that come out, Fathom?

I never get anything on a console that I can get on PC, which probably explains why we've got all of four games for the 360.
My computer will probably be able to run it, but I feel better playing games on the console. I can't get into PC games anymore, for some reason.

But other than that, I could go either way.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:36 AM       
The thing I like about console's is that you know they're going to work. Sure PC graphics are better. IF you have a good graphics cards. IF you have good memory. IF you have a great processor. IF you have taken the time to get all the patches. IF. IF. IF.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:37 AM       
If you're white enough to afford a good machine
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:37 AM       
yeah like you can't look up whether you can run it or not beforehand
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:48 AM       
I'll probably be able to run it at minimum settings.

And I wouldn't say that the console's versions will always work. They don't a lot. But there are patches for even the 360. And there are mods for consoles, like UT3 on the PS3. Granted, it's been pretty much an isolated thing, but it's still cool.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
Sure console games can have crappy frame rates or glitches. But I've never seen a console game crash. Except if the disk is messed up, or you get the Red Ring of Death.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:58 PM       
Or if you play any of the 90% that do.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:13 PM       
The red ring thing was blown out of proportion, you know.
was never good
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:30 PM       
Last I heard, the failure rate was at 30-40%? And judging from people I know, that seems about right.

Of course, they're all whiners who don't deserve to buy expensive things.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:34 PM       
I'm glad mine wasn't one of them. Yuck. I still had to send it back in, though.
OH GOD
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 12:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrailx1 View Post
Sure console games can have crappy frame rates or glitches. But I've never seen a console game crash. Except if the disk is messed up, or you get the Red Ring of Death.
excuse me but i have games crash on my xb360 all the dang time and it's sometimes on brand new games
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 04:55 PM       
Executioneer, do you'r 360 games only crash when you first start em up? Or do you get some time into a game and it crashes? I have a lot of games on my 360 that crash but they only do it at start up. Mostly its that "to play this disc please put it in a xbox 360" screen that makes you wonder how retarded it is. Not to bash the 360 but it usualy gives me more shit than my comp does.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM       
That's a big disc drive issue. You should send it in, provided it's not actually the fact that your games are scratched.
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 06:08 PM       
It does this even after i sent it in for the red ring of death issue i had, and it only does it with some games (Halo 3, Ninja Gaiden and Call of Duty 4). Wich would make you think its the games, but on CoD 4 and Gaiden it did this even the first time I put them in after first opening them.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 06:10 PM       
Yeah, that's a drive issue. It was like that for me, compounded by the fact that my bros kicked it a lot.

I've always had trouble with slot loading drives.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 07:24 PM       
I've only had game crash in xbox live. Never during regular play.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 06:10 PM       
This gets released October 28th. Unfortunately, I'll be waiting for my copy from Amazon to arrive

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 11:37 PM       
I JUST ORDER IT, ITS PROBABLY GONNA BE LATE THOUGH plus i'm working 6pm - 6am that day