Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 06:57 PM       
Banned

MajorScales is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 08:28 PM       
I believe that the Auto Industry is and will always be corrupt...

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM       
Thanks for reminding me, I gotta get that movie.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM       
The whole electric car debacle is another example of corporations putting blocks on science and helping mankind to further profit. It's not really a conspiracy theory, I'd say it's truth. Think how many men and women could have walked on the moon by now if profit and politics weren't involved.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 11:48 AM       
But why would automotive companies make something that causes them to lose money?
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 12:26 PM       
Keep up the guise.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
But why would automotive companies make something that causes them to lose money?
Some automotive companies dont have a stake in big oil.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 04:12 PM       
Yeah, but not very many Americans buy electric cars. Didn't GM or Ford come out with one in the 90's that was a total flop?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 04:29 PM       
I dont know.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 04:33 PM       
I do know that the reason that American car companies now pretty much only make huge trucks and SUVs is because they have been losing money on smaller more fuel efficient models since the 90's, maybe earlier. The only way that we're going to get fuel efficient vehicles is by creating demand by increasing the price of gas to the same levels that are seen over seas. The car companies are businesses. It's not their fault that the American public is largely made up of ass holes.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM       
Hurf hurf hurf, electric bad. Big block carburetted push-rods good ^.^
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM       
Quote:
The only way that we're going to get fuel efficient vehicles is by creating demand by increasing the price of gas to the same levels that are seen over seas. The car companies are businesses.
Well hasn't this already happened? If you watch commercials now a days almost every company advertises gas mileage and fuel efficiency.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM       
I think fuel efficiency has been maxed out on our current metal cars. Thats why most we can get is 30-40mpg for a car of any brand or origin. Unless youre willing to drive one of these, which can get better mileage at the risk of safety

Basically we need an automotive revolution. Use of lightweight composites like plastic and carbon-fiber for body panels. A lean burn engine, probably made of ceramics. Id say 100mpg is easy. Thing is, that technology is available now ^^
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 06:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
So how about the one where Anti-virus software companies are actually making viruses so they won't run out of a job?
I HAVE SAID THIS FOR YEARS.

It just seems to be too coincidental.

"Hey you got a virus on yer shi*. Lucky for you this virus tells you the exact program you need to have in order to remove it!"

BOLLOCKS
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 07:19 PM       
one of my undergrad peers truly believes the major governments are somehow turning babies into homosexuals in response to overpopulation. so dumb.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
BANNED

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 07:31 PM       
how can you have undergrad peers as a 16 year old girl?

I've seen cars advertised that get 50 mpg. Also I'd rather be driving 60 mph in a car made of metal than one made of plastic that looks all ridiculous.

that car looks like as soon as you hit 60 it would start doing somersaults, and if another car hit you you'd either shatter or roll off
mmm muffins
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 07:37 PM       
Hence why they should be made of carbon composites. They would still be a normal sized car, just made of carbon fiber. And carbon fiber is vastly stronger than steel, much lighter, and doesn't rust. Now for lean burn engines, you can basically tweak any car for a lean burn, but you risk burning off your valves, this is where ceramic components come into play. lean burn gives good efficiency compared to normal burn. ^^
Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Well hasn't this already happened? If you watch commercials now a days almost every company advertises gas mileage and fuel efficiency.
They do, but 20 years ago you could get cars that had 20-30 more miles per gallon on average than the cars that are being made now.
edit: More like 10 to 20 :roll-eyes:
Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM       
Maybe it's just me but it seems like there are less and less cars available that get 40 mpg.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 08:06 PM       
I just finished watching Who killed the electric car. It pretty much shows you the answers to all these questions.
mmm muffins
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 08:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Maybe it's just me but it seems like there are less and less cars available that get 40 mpg.

You know why? Cars have gotten bigger, more gadgets, more weight. Lets compare a 70s Toyota Corolla to a modern one. If you ever saw one of these old puppies, they are tiny ^^

VS

But, as for American cars. They have gotten smaller. Reverse trend ^^;
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 08:58 PM       
Well, you've also got a lot of changes to the engine that have occurred by now. I don't know much about engines or anything, but maybe at least SOME of these changes can have some difference in mileage.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 09:01 PM       
It's a well known fact that Obama gave Ted Kennedy cancer so that his death will help pass his socialized health care plan which is just a small stepping stone to take away our freedoms and turn us into a communist country,
Is a RoboCop.

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 09:02 PM       
I knew it.
BANNED

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 01:01 AM       
cars used to get better gas mileage than they do now? All the old cars ive had got shitty gas mileage.

also i think i watched the same documentary as wiffles cause i remember the pictures of those gay little cars.