Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:29 PM       
For Vinth and Preechr, the ends justify the means. Like the Inquisition or the Holocaust.

WMDs or no WMDs. Lies and deception or not.

If curing AIDS meant killing every single homosexual on the planet, Vinth would be first in line to beginning the slaughter.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:54 PM        ...
Well that's just it. What exactly is the ENDS? If the goal is to find and destroy WMD, that goal has not been accomplished. Is the threat of terrorists gaining access to whatever WMDs there may have been any LESS now that Saddam is gone? What if they were in fact moved to Syria?

I think that you will find agreement amongst many ME analysts, even those who SUPPORTED the war, that they are of the impression that a strong, overly visible U.S. presence in Iraq will not remain stable long. Each day that passes creates more and more resentment.

It's my opinion, of course, but I think its the process we're now in that demonstrates the shortcomings of unilateral action. Sure we could fight the war on our own. But rebuilding is an entirely different set of circumstances. And as it stands, even if five or ten years from now we're successful, we'll have still stirred a great deal of Arab resentment. At least under the GUISE of multinationalism it becomes more difficult to accuse the U.S of being an occupier. As it stands now, we're forced to bear the brunt of the guilt.

And while it's all fun and good to sit here and debate it, none of us are paying the price. The people who are really suffering for the stagnation in policy here are the kids on the ground trying to hold on to whatever stability they can. Those guys are being tasked with an almost impossible mission, and I am very confident that there will be no let up in the number of suicide bombings, sniper attacks, and ambushes no matter how many Operation Scorpions we have. The more we invade Iraqi homes under the auspices of peace keeping, the more they will resent us.

I was not necessarily oppossed to military intervention in Iraq. I suppose I'm an optomist. I still believe that although none have been found to this point, WMDs do or at least did exist. I can prove it no more than the nay sayers can disprove it so it's really a moot point. But I am not at all fond of the direction the post war efforts have headed. There has already been an unprecedented level of dissension within the administration, and I think it will only get worse as this drags out.

Great, we've kicked their ass. Now what?

Spasmolytic is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Can a satellite really identify a license plate from a top-down view, or was that just a figure of speech?
satellites don't hover over a particular location... they orbit

that's how you get pictures from different angles
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:41 PM       
Sure Bush lied, he said that he Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. He didn't have any complete information as to the whereabouts or existence of these weapons, but he led the American people to believe that he did. Clearly, even if there are WMD's in Iraq, George Bush did not have as good of intelligence about them as he claims, as he has not found them yet. I like what Vinth said about Clinton 'a lie is a lie' Well, its not exactly like a lie is in and of itself that bad, it is the effects that the lie has that determine the mischeif and evil of it. Clintons lie caused a lot of stupid people to get very upset. Bush's lie caused a lot of innocent people to get very dead.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Proto, he could have held back from using them because that would only make our fight just and cause and no one could deny it. I mean, what would get him more support in the long run: Using WMD and offing 10,000 of our troops, or putting the seeds of doubt into anti-bush hungry folks like yourself?
Gee, I guess his "plan" is working perfectly, considering that he's gotten his ass booted out of his leadership position, we are still running around all over his country, and he's running scared for his life. What a brilliant tactician! I'm sure he's cackling with glee and rubbing his hands together wickedly from within his cardboard box.

I do agree with the idea though that either way, whether he had the weapons or not, something doesn't add up with how he reacted. He either had them and failed to use them for reasons I can't even fathom, or he had gotten rid of them long ago and was simply being an ass for reasons that I also cannot fathom.

But the fact remains that Bush CLEARLY spoke too soon about the WMDs. Even if we DO find them now, it'll be a stroke of luck, not a matter of Bush, Powell, or anyone else having concrete intelligence on them beforehand.

We were deceived. And for those of you who don't realize that, I'd like to convince you to trade me a $20 bill for this shiny new nickel I have here that has a unique one-of-a-kind stain on it. A rare collector's item!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:47 AM       
" People need to learn what the definition of words are."
-Irony McClambake.

Coming from the person who has used wrongly words for which there are deffinitions of the the corrective ones aviable bar none, that's pretty iron clad, and speccuulous to boot.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:54 AM       
But Max, Vinth is applying for membership to Mensa! That must give him free license to use words in any way he wants because, as you know, he is "teh smarts".

May Vinth got a letter from Mensa begging him to join, like the Navy allegedly sent.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:57 AM       
Preecher's hooked on I-mock,

Tee hee.