Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

wiener touches ceiling
Studio8 is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2005, 05:45 PM       
I like when Yoda said that he was going to seclude himself somewhere for a long time because he was so sad.

And I like it when Count Dooku (?) bit it in the beginning. That was way neat.

The ending, minus the "Nooooo!" was so good. Both getting medical treatment and all...awesome.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Yeah, Palpy's face changed because he had the lightning shot back into it, and he was finally revealed to be the sith lord, so he didn't really give a shit about hiding it anymore. He defied age anyway, he was the one who killed the ultimate sith lord or whoever it was. Was that a reference to the books or comics?
I think only me and some other people in the theater found Pal's deformed face funny.

Especially when he was looking over Anakin and going 'yyyyyeeeeeesssss...'
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:17 PM       
I was laughing when right after his face melting, he starts talking to Anakin and his voice sounds like a series of long burps.

Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:22 AM       
It was quite good, certainly better than the other two, BUT:
Ewen Macgregor and Haydan whatsis were better, but still pretty poor.
Anakin turning to the dark side was pretty shoddily done..it was just the emporer saying 'oh GO on' a few times, and that seemed to do it.
The ending was great, but like someone else said above, why the fuck did obi wan leave anakin like that? he must have been just a touch embarrased to then find out, whoops, anakin lived and proceeded to co-run the empire killing lots of people.
I love the fact anakin got so fucked up, and then burned (so he actually started to resemble anakin in jedi with the mask off), but the 'NOOOOO!' was just UNBELEIVABLY shit..really crigeworthy..which is a shame, because the bit where they put him back together was cool.
The CG looked a lot better than the other two, and all the action was really well done.
And why the fuck bother putting the wookies in if they are only there standing around for two mins, then a tiny bit of action?.. and then...'Before you go yoda, I would just like to point out that THIS WOOKIE IS CALLED CHEWBACCA...YOU KNOW, THE FAMOUS ONE FROM THE GOOD FILMS'.

In short: breezes
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM       
I creamed myself several time during this one. After the credits rolled, I was spent and curled up into a little ball and had to be carried out of the theatre.

Anakin killing the kids was awesome, and the Padme choking was an unexpected treat. Best divorce ever! I was expecting him to smack her around or something, not use his Force powers on her.

I was kinda disappointed at how Mace Windu ends up going down like a wuss, but overall, everything about this movie is so much better than the first two, we should just forget that those ones ever existed and say that Star Wars only consists of 3 - 6. The special effects were really good this time and I didn't notice too many places where they looked blatantly out of place like in II.

Did anyone else notice how they made Anakin look like Luke (hair, black clothes, etc.)? And Padme's funeral at the end? I would've.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:17 AM       
I was impressed with how even in the face, anakin came to resemble luke just enough, and his burn wounds were perfect.

The Obi-Wan/Vader fight was fucking amazing, and all the decapitations and dismemberments throughout the movie were unexpected and wonderful.

And Dole, Obi-Wan left Anakin like that because the Jedi code forbids them to kill an unarmed opponent (remember how anakin violated that by killing dooku and said "it wasn't the jedi way"?). I guess it was alright to leave him for dead, though. The emperor still had his lightning so I guess it was alright if Mace killed him, especially understanding the circumstances the other Jedi would have to let him off. I didn't mind so much how he died, but that he was never again mentioned as if he hadn't existed.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM       
So what part of the Jedi code says that it's ok to let your apprentice burn to death? Granted, it says you're not supposed to kill unarmed prisoners, but I would think there would be something in there about giving your former best friend a quick and relatively painless death instead of a long, agonizing one.

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:24 PM       
Well, I think that it's understandable that he wasn't mentioned afterwards because the only Jedi who would've known about it were all dead. Anakin leads the troops into the Jedi Temple a few hours after he became Vader.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:35 PM       
Yeah, it makes sense within the continuity of the movie, but that doesn't mean it's well-written. Very few things in this movie echo through the whole story, and the whole thing sprawls without the branches ever crossing each other again. Sure, it ties into the first movie, but unto itself it's disconnected.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 20th, 2005, 05:42 PM       
i enjoyed this film very much but i do wish some things were done:

1. get rid of the first 20 minutes, this is star wars the movie not star wars the sitcom
2. more wookie battling, it lasted what 5 minutes?
3. atleast make the jedi's fight before they die, i thought they were jedi masters not asswipes with lightsabers who die from 6 niggas with guns.
4. have samuel l. jackson say "mothafucka" after every line.
5. make the movies 20 FUCKING YEARS AGO when 4, 5, and 6 came out.

but yes, it was grand.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:07 PM       
I thought, overall, it was pretty good. Best new Star Wars yet by far. Which, in fact, I liked the first two. There definetly were 'what the hell is this about?' moments in it, but It's not so bad that it takes me out of the movie. The whole Anakin "I love you" and Padme "I love you too" sequences were boring.

The Falcon docked into the senate building
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:09 PM       
this movie gave me a boner
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2005, 07:37 PM       
just saw it, awesomeness

i was a bit disapointed with greivous, especially since he kicked ass in the toonami series.

when anakin answered the kids question with a lightsaber some guy in the audience squealed with excitment.

anyone else spot the milenium falcon? (at least i think i did)

Jim Duncan - Weather is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2005, 02:19 AM       
"Good bye Chewbacca, I will miss you."

What the FUCK was that shit?

Whiter than Alabaster
Old May 21st, 2005, 08:07 AM       
i was almost expecting yoda to say "dont worry chewbacca, ill be right here"

:glowingfinger

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2005, 01:55 PM       
the falcon is hidden somewhere in the film?

tell me where, i'm going to see it again with my dad sometime soon.

Whiter than Alabaster
Old May 21st, 2005, 08:01 PM       
just after the scene when the ship crash lands and it shows a transport landing at the senate(?) building, at the bottom of the screen you see what looks like the falcon coming in to land.

Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old May 21st, 2005, 08:30 PM       
A lot of people in the audience laughed when Vader took his first robotic breaths. Was that supposed to be funny? Because I was all in suspense. :/
Did anyone find it strange that nobody, not even the Jedi, knew Padme was going to have twins until the robots that have her in the stirrups(or I think some sort of box?) say "Surprise! It's twins! You didn't sense that?" and Padme instantly names them like magic?
If you yell "Wheres the Enterprise?" during the opening ship battle, several people will seriously try to use the force to kill you, I swear to God.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:06 PM       
I thought it was funny when Padme named Luke and Leah. 'EHHH EHHH EHHH! LEAH! OMPH UGH UGGGHHHH LUKE! laysmysticalmusic and then she dies.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 02:07 AM       
What the hell was yoda talking about in the end when he mentions talking to qui gon jin?

And I don't know why anakin felt a little jipped when palpatine never showed him how to save his wife. but the Palpatines vague background thing was pretty interesting.

I thought it was hilarious when yoda gets a big thunderbolt and while he's lying on the floor palpatine's assistant just kinda awkwardly walks outta the room.

and in the "noooooo" scene you know someone said "ummm, mr. lucas.. umm I think the movie could do without that line." and then lucas fires him.

This movie definatally made me think that lucas did not have his shit planned out before he made the episodes 4-6. Like how no one ever mentions Padame ever again, or how mace windu just kinda is never mentioned again, and how you didn't really need to be good at using a lightsaber or the force to kill Palpatine, you just needed to be strong enough to be throw him down a big hole.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2005, 03:07 AM       
Just saw it and thought it was easily the best of the first three. Had a few elements over the originals as well, though these movies tend to make the Jedi seem godlike compared to 4-6. Well, at least until clones start shooting at them.

But I had some questions:

Why does a robot cough?

Mace Windu can kill the Emperor, but Yoda apparently can't?

Anakin accepting the dark side was handled about as well as they do it on Monday night RAW. Consequentially, he should have appeared before the senate with a microphone and given a speech that opened with "You know, everywhere I go, people ask me the same thing: Why, Anakin, why?"

Yoda doesn't succeed in killing the Emperor, so he throws in the towel or something? When they get the gang back together, they don't decide to give it another college try? I mean, for fuck's sake, they injected two jedi into the middle of an interstellar war on the lead enemy's ship to save the senate majority leader, but they won't take three people to their own planet to go murder an old man?

There was really no point in the wookie battle scenes aside from showing Chewbacca. That isn't really a question, but it was queerish.

Jin was right about every scene lasting 5 seconds. Everyone is more or less obligated to see this film, so there's no reason not to make these LOTR length.

That dude that hangs out with Palpatine at the end is with the Republic, right? He doesn't care that this guy is a Sith Lord at all?

I thought the bit about 'oh, by the way, erase the protocol droid's memory' was hilarious for how short and obvious a tie of a loose end it was. It would have been more tactful to suddenly pan out and show that the entire series was just Mario's dream.

Other than that, I really liked it. I thought the end was handled very well.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 07:02 AM       
Grievous was a cyborg.

Also, in the Clone Wars cartoon Mace Windu fucks up his breathing aparatus something fierce with the Force.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 07:19 AM       
Damn that was great. I was all sad when Vader looks over the lava as Padme is showing up and he has a tear running down his face. Like "I wish I hadn't but theres nothing I can do now." I also found it was very ironic, like a Greek tragedy. He only accepts the dark side to save her, and accepting it is what makes her give up on living.
And the noooooo scene was totally forced. It would have been much more Vader-ish if he hadn't said anything. and btw, they guy they give the droids to isn't just some guy, it's Wedge's dad! :connections
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 08:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
I thought the bit about 'oh, by the way, erase the protocol droid's memory' was hilarious for how short and obvious a tie of a loose end it was. It would have been more tactful to suddenly pan out and show that the entire series was just Mario's dream.
I absolutely loved that bit. It's like Lucas was going "Here's how it fucking happened, now shut up about it." The only thing that could have done the moment better was a spit-take from C3PO.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:42 PM       
I heard somewhere that Samuel L. Jackson got the initials "BMF" engraved on his lightsaber...