Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 08:23 PM        Fallout: New Vegas
...comes out tomorrow. I pre-ordered the collector's edition a while ago, and I plan on skipping school to play all day. Excelsior!

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 09:15 PM       
Can't skip school. But I won't be doing anything else besides that and Fallout tomorrow. Excited as fuck.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 12:19 AM       
gwine pick it up at midnite, skip sleep

half tempted to wear my comicon vault suit costume when i go pick it up
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 12:25 AM       
DO EET

BE THAT GUY
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 12:27 AM       
only this time, real weapon instead of cardboard hammer
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 12:40 AM       
and murder everyone in the store
OH GOD
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 12:45 AM       
that MIGHT be taking it a little too far

plus it'd probably make jack thompson orgasm in his grave, i dont want that to happen
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 04:24 AM       
Hm...I keep hearing the game crashes quite often...can´t say I´m happy about that...
OH GOD
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 11:46 AM       
i didnt have any crashes yet, but we'll see
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 07:43 PM       
Me neither. I pissed off the Powder Gangers, though.

The Wolf
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM       

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 03:17 AM       
OH MY GOD IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME ONLY LONGER AND THE CHARACTERS AND QUESTS ARE MODERATELY MORE INTERESTING. More importantly, it's still Fallout. That's good enough for me. I'm wandering around getting on everyone's bad side.

Also, I'd install the game to mitigate the unbearable loadtimes. It hasn't frozen, but there have been a boatload of glitches. Nothing they couldn't patch up in a day or two, though. The quest you get from the guy in the dinosaur mouth was cool. Especially watching the end. I wonder if that one stray projectile will come into play later - maybe it landed somewhere.

Overall, I dig the environments way more. WAYYYY more colorful, which was the only thing that I didn't like about Fallout 3.
The Wolf
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 03:30 AM       
Yeah, it's still Fallout, so I'm also happy. There's supposed to be a patch tomorrow. I'm installing right now to combat the load times. I went and was killing all of those Powder guys in their prison place, and it said I failed a mission...so I went ahead and reloaded until I figure out what the fuck that's all about. Trying to hunt down this treasure that was mentioned in a note.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 04:47 AM       
I've just been running around and exploring, doing a little bit of the main quest. I've got about fifteen active quests open.

I really really dislike that some quests are part of quests which are part of even more quests. Usually, you do stuff for somebody so they do something for you, then you go go back to the person that started to whole thing. They're not all like that, though.

My character Bill Sykes met the Yes Man and he laughed and laughed and laughed. Fuck, Obsidian's got some good writers. ALSO, I MET KRIS KRISTOFFERSON. :O
The Wolf
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 05:03 AM       
I got Ed-E! What a helpful little robot.

drifting in the void
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 05:15 AM       
I was hoping that the writers that did Alpha Protocol did the writing here too cause AP had some really good stuff going on there. Happy to read that I was right aparently

I´ll get my copy tomorrow I guess. Funny thing is, the english uncut import-version is the cheapest. If I was totally stupid and wanted the german cut (no splattering and dismemberment at all, fuck that), I´d pay 20€ more (yes, twenty bucks more for less game). The german synchro (what´s it called in english, Dub?) is good but against the guys in the english one? Fuck no, I won´t play that in german. Ron Pearlman alone is enough reason to play it with the original voices.

The only question is...will I play as Doc Synder, menace of the wastes or Richter (yes, it´s even more fun for me to name someone Richter), Hero of Vegas first...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 05:47 AM       
Aaaaand I'm calling it quits for the night. Nine hours is enough. Gotta pace myself - I beat Dead Rising 2 in two days. Hah. Games are damned expensive to a university student.
The Wolf
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 06:51 AM       
Yeah, I just stopped after 11. Totally skipping school today, though. I went yesterday, so I feel justified.

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 07:25 AM       
I had no idea this game was coming out so soon until I saw you mother fucker playing it. I looked for info on how good it was and found this immediately.
drifting in the void
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 09:27 AM       
That is fucking creepy.

"Hey fella, how ya doin? Don´t mind my horrifying rotating head of doom."
The Wolf
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM       
Holy shit, that's creepy. I've definitely noticed some bugs, but nothing that's stopping me from playing and enjoying the shit out of it.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 05:31 PM       
i bet that guy gives great head
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:01 PM       
This game has moments of brilliance that are just shit on by all the glitches. For instance, many of my quests have map markers that are completely inaccessible and on top of mountains, usually. Fortunately, it's not yet required that I actually go to them as there's usually more than one way to solve a quest.

This shit's gotta get fixed fast, because it's just ruining the game for me. You know what it reminds me of? Alpha fucking Protocol. Bullshit.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 06:42 AM       
Aaaaaaaaaand done. >:O
drifting in the void
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM       
That was kinda fast...you just breezed through the main quest?