Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 01:15 PM       
The gun is different from both of those. It's the Rangers Sequoia or something like that, and it fires this harder-to-find ammo. I got one from Kris Kristofferson.

That was very funny. Well done.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 11:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
i hate the hell out of cazadors, though now i've got good DR and a 10mm smg they're not so threatening (but they still kill me once in a while when there's a swarm of six or more and i'm not expecting)
Dude, FUCK Cazadors. Eventually, I had to put it on Easy when they show up, simply because every hit would take my health down by a fifth.
Also, in F3, Deathclaws sucked, but at about level 20, I could take on five at a time and be allllright. I'm level 17, and even ONE Deathclaw can tear me a new one. I'm on a miniquest to take out a whole damned nest of them.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 11:22 PM       
Yeah, the quarry. I did it with a sniper rifle.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 04:10 AM       
Okay, I finally reached Vegas and got a Suite...though I don know...I like the Motel-Room better, it´s more compact and way easier and quicker to reach.

It´s interesting to see how useful Barter ans Speech are this time around which basically means I can´t finish some quests because I made my Char like a Fallout 3 - Character had to be meaning 9 Int and 1 Charisma...doesn´t help me that much here and man, there´s only 15 Perks I get to pick, should´ve thought about that a bit harder...
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 04:45 AM       
I like the perks that up damage percentages. The Entomologist helps with Cazadors, though, you only need an automatic weapon - you don't even have to be good with it, either.
drifting in the void
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 06:17 AM       
I think the perk that I like the most is the Hand Loader perk. Getting more powerful ammo for free is pretty nice. I didn´t even pick the essentials like Finesse, Commando or Gunslinger yet because I just don´t know if I can afford wasting a Slot on something like that...
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 06:39 AM       
fuck yes, they did the ending right this time. unfortunately now i realize i have to do quests for all the npc companions god DAMN there is so much game here

edit: omg wil wheaton and dave foley did voices? wtf wtf
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 07:19 AM       
how many bottle caps do i need to spend to help ed-e keep out of melee range also will that upgrade keep him from randomly disappearing

also when do i get to the quest that stops hard locking the xbox 360 i couldnt find anything on gamefaqs

my character build is 5 str 5 end 5 daydream about murdering the people behind the QA bottleneck for this game and 10 luck im feelin lucky

i also want to thank them for the free quick draw perk it's nice not having the floating gun all the time (actually i'm serious about that, having the gun pop up when the left trigger is held is better in every possible way compared to gun on a stick)
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 07:30 AM       
im sure they'll fix most of it in patches I STILL OVE THIS GAME
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 08:56 AM       
"Benny is going to show you the tops." What a tool. I'm glad I got to carve up that dudes face while hopped up on jet and psycho.

Last edited by Dimnos : Oct 27th, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 10:28 AM       
Arcade Gannon is awesomely ~gay~.

And I don't have any of those problems you guys mentioned. Mainly, stuff spawns underneath the map for me, or there's some sort of singularity in the map that warps monster's models and kills them. Once, I shot a deathclaw and it floated up into the sky. It walked around for a while, only to fall down and die a bit later.
drifting in the void
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 10:55 AM       
I seem to remember that there was a flying Deathclaw-bug in F3 too. It kinda ascended to heaven and then smashed down to earth again later.

I had two lockups and one texture-fail in my three days of playing the game. Picked up Veronica on the way, what a nice girl. Now I´m trying to do her quest along with the vault 22 one but I can´t seem to finish the quest cause I need to
Spoilers!

The only thing that really bugs me is that feeling of "there´s fifty thousand more quests for you to dooooo" looming in my mind...okay it´s just 136 or something, still. A lot to do. Then again, the first playthrough is just there to test the waters...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM       
I'll draw you a diagram, hold on.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 11:01 AM       

Throw a grenade or shoot one from a launcher. You won't get burned.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 11:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
The only thing that really bugs me is that feeling of "there´s fifty thousand more quests for you to dooooo" looming in my mind...okay it´s just 136 or something, still. A lot to do. Then again, the first playthrough is just there to test the waters...
This is sort of my issue too. I kind of want to blow through this first play through because I want to side with other people and try different things. I think Im going to do a few a few more side quests then finish it up siding with Mr. House this time. Next play through I think Im going Joe raider billy bad ass and siding with Caesar on hardcore and try to do everything. I also kind of want to do another run through with a non combat character. Just jack up all my speech and barter and charisma and try and rely on companions for bodyguards. That dude Boone should be more than enough.
The Wolf
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 02:14 PM       
Yeah, I was planning on trying to do pretty much every quest and then just make different decisions on subsequent playthroughs, but there's just way too many. I'm gonna do the same as Dimnos for my next game and murder/enslave people left and right.

...is there an evil companion? Ed-E is pretty much neutral, but everyone I've met so far is more-or-less good. Boone is a fucking beast, by the way.

Old Oct 27th, 2010, 02:35 PM       
Boone kills shit before I even know its there. Ill be walking along, no red marks on my compass, out of no where a slow mo crit death scene! WTF?! A min later I find a dead body.

No idea on evil companions. Ed-E and Arcade maybe just because they have Enclave ties? On my current play through Boone doesnt really seam to give a shit when I kill or rob people. He just doesnt want to be friends with Legion. Or use brotherhood power armor.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 02:56 PM       
No companion wants power armor. It counts as a disguise to them, so they drop it and it disappears. Same with Legion and NCR armor, I believe.
The Wolf
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM       
You can probably upgrade everyone's armor, though. I've got Boone wearing NCR First Recon armor after going back to Bitter Springs and fighting off a Legion raid, and ED-E has upgraded armor after bringing him to the BoS.

Boone doesn't seem to wanna use the sniper rifle I gave him, though

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 04:49 PM       
After you do their quests and stuff, they get upgraded. Same with almost every companion. I dunno if Lily has a companion quest associated with her.
The Wolf
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 04:53 PM       
There must be. I can't see them leaving one character out like that.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 05:03 PM       
ED-E's is cool. So are Arcade Gannon's and Cass's.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM       
Got the collectors edition last friday and been playing this since then. I played the shit out of Fallout 3, but New Vegas is so much better. If I have to say something negative about this, there seems to be TOO much stuff to see and do. It baffles me.

Just killed Tabitha and found Raul. I have Boone with me atm, so i'll have to make a choice. Boone is a crack shot, but on the other hand he is boring and always giving me shit about my shooting abilities. I'd much rather listen to Danny Trejo, but Raul is propably kinda shitty at combat.
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 06:30 PM       
Boone is almost to good. I haven't decided if he makes the game to easy and therefore boring. I'm seriously considering dropping his as off at the house and going on without him.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM       
I think I've explored a single cave during the whole time I've had the game. It's time to go spelunking!