Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 06:40 PM       
Found the safe spot and finished the quest My Ed-E Quest seems to be bugged. I took him to the Scrapyard, the old lady sat around, doing nothing. After a while she turned hostile and now she´s dead...hm, who cares, she seems to have the unique Sawed-off shotgun, fires both barrels at once.

Anyone know where I can find a better rifle for 5.56 ammo? The service rifle sucks and I have nothing else to use that ammo with apart from That Gun and I don´t wanna waste my repair-kits on that thing.

My personal revelation of the day was that Companions can´t die on Non-Hardcore. Nice.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Boone is almost to good. I haven't decided if he makes the game to easy and therefore boring. I'm seriously considering dropping his as off at the house and going on without him.
Yeah, I know what you mean. A couple of times I've found myself aware that there are enemies nearby (ED-E's little alert thing), and if I'm in a vault or something I sometimes just keep exploring and let Boone and ED-E handle it. They do it without any trouble whatsoever. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I think it's making me lazy.

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 07:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Found the safe spot and finished the quest My Ed-E Quest seems to be bugged. I took him to the Scrapyard, the old lady sat around, doing nothing. After a while she turned hostile and now sheīs dead...hm, who cares, she seems to have the unique Sawed-off shotgun, fires both barrels at once.

Anyone know where I can find a better rifle for 5.56 ammo? The service rifle sucks and I have nothing else to use that ammo with apart from That Gun and I donīt wanna waste my repair-kits on that thing.

My personal revelation of the day was that Companions canīt die on Non-Hardcore. Nice.
well the light machine gun and the marksman carbine are pretty okay, i just used the varmint rifle with mods for 5.56 though because i found a low-light scope for it early on
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM       
I spent last night working for the King. Got the dog Rex. Hiked my ass all the way up to Jacobstown to talk to the Doc there only to be sent off to find a new brain for the dog. I hear the one that gives him extra health will glitch out and actually not give him extra health. Has anyone done this?
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 02:54 PM       
Spoilers!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 03:32 PM       
Quote:
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 03:51 PM       
Spoilers!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:08 PM       
I did the stuff for the Kings last night, too, and it was annoying because I had to kill some NCR troopers. I'm working for the NCR, so that little stunt bought me some infamy

Oh, and if you do like 3 quests for the Van Graffs, you can get in on a part where you can slaughter all of them and loot the entire shop. Loooots of guns and armor to sell.

OH GOD
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:21 PM       
you don't HAVE to kill the ncr troopers also @dimnos:

Spoilers!
The Wolf
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:26 PM       
Yeah, but I killed Pacer myself and got infamy from the Strip. I was fucked no matter what, so I figured I'd kill some NCR people for sending me on such a stupid mission. I really dislike them now, and I'm looking forward to my next game so I can be evil and just kill as many as possible.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM       
Depending on who you talk to about getting the Boomers on someone's side, that locks off working for any other faction.
OH GOD
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Yeah, but I killed Pacer myself and got infamy from the Strip. I was fucked no matter what, so I figured I'd kill some NCR people for sending me on such a stupid mission. I really dislike them now, and I'm looking forward to my next game so I can be evil and just kill as many as possible.
you don't have to kill pacer either. i don't remember exactly what's required but i remember doing a bunch of skill checks in conversation
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM       
For the Kings missions I dont think I had to kill anyone or even do any skill checks. It was a bunch of walking around and talking to people.

I still have the mission for Caesar where he wants me to kill Mr. House. Nothing is failed but I have yet to go see the Boomers.
The Wolf
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 05:45 PM       
Fuck's sake. I had to be the King's bitch, and the last mission involved helping Pacer fight NCR peeps. My speech skill is really low, so I might've missed out on a couple of things.

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 12:46 AM       
Quote:
I spent last night working for the King. Got the dog Rex. Hiked my ass all the way up to Jacobstown to talk to the Doc there only to be sent off to find a new brain for the dog. I hear the one that gives him extra health will glitch out and actually not give him extra health. Has anyone done this?
I preferred the junkyard dog's brain; it gives him more attack. Really depressing when you get it, though. Poor Rey.
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM       
I got the brain from the Legion. Before the brain Rexs health was 242/242. After it jumped to 362/262. I thought it was current/max but I dont know anymore. Either way he seams to be tougher and I see him in fights more so... Guess I cant complain.

@Zomboid... Before the fight were you able to go into the NCR safehouse where they were passing out food to NCR citizens? A few steps before the fight the King has you go talk to people in the slums about what the NCR might be doing in Freeside. Someone also suggests you talk to that one Dr. girl in the Mormon mission. If you talk to her she tells you about her NCR friend and tells you to go talk to her and say she sent you. The NCR girl tells you she sent someone to talk to the King but that they were killed. Pacer tries to pay you off not to tell the king so he is probably the one who killed the envoy. You tell the King they sent someone and he doesnt know anything about it and send you back to the NCR guys to smooth things over.
OH GOD
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I preferred the junkyard dog's brain; it gives him more attack. Really depressing when you get it, though. Poor Rey.
well in a way you're helping him live even longer, though, kind of?
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM       
That pretty much exactly what the Legion guy said when I asked for his dogs brain. "Lupa will become IMORTAL!!! Well... kind of." He then went on to say that if I butchered her with a machete I could have her brain.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM       
I got bored and killed Caesar and everyone at the Fort with a Super Sledge, which is a billion times more powerful in this one than the previous. I would've thought that would get the NCR more on my good side than anything else. They stillwon't let me save their shitty president, though.
The Wolf
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM       
Damn it! I didn't go talk to that Mormon chick, but I saw it as an option. I went to the NCR food place and then back to the King. That'll learn me.

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 12:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
well in a way you're helping him live even longer, though, kind of?
I dunno; I think the brain is just a CPU for the dog, like Robobrains. I don't think it uses it for personality.
Either way, Fallout science can get weird.
The Wolf
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 09:08 PM       
Kinda reminds me of the part in Fallout 2 where you get a brain for Skynet, your robobrain companion. You could end up with a chimp brain

OH GOD
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 12:17 PM       

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM       
Guess who's got all his companions.
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 03:25 PM       
All? I cant get Arcade to come with me. I passed his speech check and have done everything I can think of for the Followers. When I talk to him he says something about me having quite the menagerie and to come talk to him when I have done some trimming.