Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:51 PM       
god damnit

so anyway after that he starts shooting up the place, and I take out my gun and help the guards kill him, then they fucking TURN ON ME AND RAPE ME TO PIECES. I thought it was okay to fight in self defense at junktown wtf

also is there any situation in this game that doesn't end in death by fucking firing squad
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:55 PM       
did youaccidentaly hit one of the guards because that is the onyl reason i can think of that they would attack you after fighting the assassin

that or you kept ur gun out after they asked you to put it away idk

or it's a bug caused by not being patched, unfortunately both of the two games get kind fo buggy without patches
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:03 AM       
would it have to do anything with my reputation? Because I've been raping and pillaging all of the helpless travelers I come across.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:10 AM       
uhh i don't know, probably not

sometimes it just does shit like that though, make sure and save a bunch so if it does shit like that and ruins opportunities you have something to fall back on
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 12:30 AM       
Yeah, I tried it again and nothing bad happened.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 03:16 PM       
Man this thread took a turn for the worse.

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM       
sry
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 01:51 AM       
So, yeah, I'm bumping an old thread. Sorry. I just found out about Fallout 3 30 mins ago and I am completely stoked. Thank god I've missed a whole year of speculating about it.

Oh, GW... You suck at Fallout
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 09:37 AM       
Oh great, now I feel like playing again. I never did get to all the way to the end of Fallout 2.

And I'm cautious in regards to Fallout 3. Seriously, Bethesda has NO experience in writing good dialogue and creating atmosphere, which is what Fallout is all about. And the new combat system look like it could be seriously fucked up too. I just don't want to get my hopes up and be disapointed.
He speaks truth!
OH GOD
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 10:43 AM       
man its still like five months away quit it
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 11:03 AM       
I suck at RPGs in general!

Also, I hope Bethesda can manage to do something right for once!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 12:20 PM       
They won't, and odds are, it won't even be their fault.

Everyone's got an idea in their heads about what Fallout 3 should be/look like, and I don't think Bethesda will be able to meet people's high expectations.

I'm thinking it'll wind up like most of the recent next-gen sequels: looks good, but doesn't play as well as the original(s).

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 03:41 PM       
I think the best way for me to enjoy 3, is to not replay 1 and 2. They are not continuing a storyline from 2 and the feel will be drastically different and I haven't plaid them since they came out. I may have replayed 2 a little.

But dam if I don't want to play the old ones now.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 05:43 PM       
I thought Fallout was a really good game, but I'm not a HARDCORE OMG CHANGE NOTHING fan, probably because I never played the second one. I don't care if they change how Fallout plays, because I like the gameworld and mucking around in it. I'm just worried about this based on my past experiences with Bethedsa and how they are all a bunch of phenomenal retards when it comes to good game design.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM       
Yeah, honestly? I was all in love with Bethesda until I spent an entire day searching for Oblivion mods that only when all used together make the game playable. And includes a fan-made patch for the game to fix little insignificant bugs like the game freezing when you reach a certain number of hours of play.

And running 50+ mods all at once makes the game crash every few minutes.

But seriously, bethesda wins the national award for the worst-running engines and worst 3D character models ever. Some guy released a pack of replacement heads for Morrowind that looked amazing and actually used less polys.

I can only assume that the engine used in fallout 3 will be equally clunky and stupid, and require a thousand patches to fix their bugs and make it a fun experience.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM       
Oh and go download and play Fallout 2 ;< It's a great game the first time you play through it.

And come to think of it, Fallout 2 has a user-made patch for it as well, so maybe Bethesda was the right choice after all.
OH GOD
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM       
hahah yeah both of the fallouts are recommended patchers, not so much for gameplay issues as for being buggy as hell
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 08:32 AM       
Yeah, I played Fallout 1 without any patching (didn't have internet at the time). Fucking evil...still beat the game though.
He speaks truth!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM       
Oblivion never froze up on my 360. I mean, I've only played 50-odd hours, so that might not have been enough time.
was never good
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
The only huge recreateable bug in normal oblivion is the one where if you have TONS of game time, shit will happen like doors disappearing and whenever you look at FIRE your framerate will drop to about .2.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
Eeeeew. Well, my bros. decided to snap the game in half so I guess I'll never have the chance to recreate it.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 12:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Yeah, honestly? I was all in love with Bethesda until I spent an entire day searching for Oblivion mods that only when all used together make the game playable. And includes a fan-made patch for the game to fix little insignificant bugs like the game freezing when you reach a certain number of hours of play.

And running 50+ mods all at once makes the game crash every few minutes.

But seriously, bethesda wins the national award for the worst-running engines and worst 3D character models ever. Some guy released a pack of replacement heads for Morrowind that looked amazing and actually used less polys.

I can only assume that the engine used in fallout 3 will be equally clunky and stupid, and require a thousand patches to fix their bugs and make it a fun experience.
Agreed. Once i spent about 20+ hours in the game, i realized that it was so, so unfinished and it was kind of disappointing.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 12:36 AM       
I really liked oblivion, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. Fixing the character models so that they don't look so awkward in everything they do would be a good idea... and maaaaan I hope they don't have the same ugly, ugly faces.

was never good
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 12:53 AM       
Reading that post reminds me of why we hate the Wii
The Wolf
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 01:14 AM       
;<