Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

40 pound box of rape?
Creepy-critters is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM        I am currently in possession of
A completely full

Not even opened

Fire extinguisher (pictured next to an Tag can for size)

This got donated to me at work, and since we can't take chemicals, it would have ended up in the trash. BUT, I saved it from a garbagey fate.

Now. what would you guys like me to do with it's contents? I'll take a general consensus of the most mentioned options, and make a poll. Then the most voted for one will be performed by me, documented with pictures or a video.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 06:30 PM       
Fill a cake with it.
Forum Virgin
Scienceman123 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM       
Enema.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM       
Put out a fire with it!
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 07:01 PM       
Use it to bash that retarded wallpaper off of your monitor.

Or keep it under your desk for when there's a fire. There's no reason not to be responsible.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM       
Yeah you'd feel like a right Burkshire Hunt if your house burnt down after wasting a perfectly good fire extinguisher on some kind of extinguisher-propelled office chair.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 08:40 PM       
I saw a snake that had been frozen with one. Not that you should do that, that'd actually be pretty cruel and horrible. I just saw it on the news, some escaped exotic venomous snake had bitten some guy and the responding EMT hit it with a fire extinguisher so they could identify it. It was frozen in place. They could have different chemicals in different types of extinguishers, though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 09:07 PM       
That's the coolest thing I've ever heard.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM       
Freeze it, then slice it open with a bandsaw and put it in someone's car. It will expand, filling the car. Mythbusters did it once, I believe.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
OMG! Shoot at it with a gun at poit blank range please!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 11:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
They could have different chemicals in different types of extinguishers, though.
Kitsa is right, that's an ABC extinguisher, which most likely contains an Ammonium Phosphate/Ammonium Sulfate mixture as the extinguishing chemical. Despite the rather scary names, the chemical admixture is mostly innocuous (don't get it on your skin if you can help it, it is mildly corrosive) however, it does make QUITE the hot mess if you use it on a fire. (pun intended) I know from personal experience that it's a bitch to clean up after the fact. And it won't freeze anything, so don't even try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
OMG! Shoot at it with a gun at point blank range please!
I think this action would be extremely unsafe. I like it.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 12:25 AM       
A couple of things here

That is a 2.5 lb. ABC plastic valve Kidde brand extinguisher. Judging by the lable, it is either a 2006 or 2007 model most likely, so it is not too old to be of any use. That said, whatever you do with it, don't bother with any fire larger than a trashcan fire, because it isn't really useful for anything bigger unless you are highly trained in fighting fires, like a profesional firefighter.

Things that an ABC extinguisher can be used for that aren't fire relaated.

-It can be used as an herbacide
-It can temporarily blind someone
-It can temporarily cause difficulty in breathing in enclosed spaces
-It can cause any electronic machinery it is discharged on to be forever destroyed. (I have gone through several radios because of ABC powder)

Shooting it with a bullet at point blank range: You would actually be in more danger from the bullet ricocheting than from any sort of explosion. The "Video game exploding fire extinguisher" trick only causes a big explosion on high PSI cylanders, at least 500+ PSI.

DO NOT USE THIS ON ANY CHLORINE PRODUCTS!!!! I see these things hung up in department store pool chemical aisles and blood shoots out of my eyes. You will cause a very dangerous gas to expel should you do this.

Fun things you could do with it
-It makes a cool yellow smoke effect
-You can write your name in some guy's yard with it
-You can shoot it on snow, that always looks odd

Or on a simple practical level, you could use it for if you ever have a kitchen fire. It is good until at least 2011. After that, it might still work, but it can never be serviced because repressurizing a plastic valve extinguisher can cause it to explode. While that wouldn't kill you, it could embed a piece of the plastic into your eye.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 01:01 AM       
are you a firefighter?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 08:51 AM       
I was testing our fire extinguisher just the other day and fired it into a bush near our house. I looked back and the kitten was standing in front of the screen door, eyes wide open in WONDERMENT.

That said, take a video of you barging in on someone in the bathroom and hosing them down while they're on the john. Youtube needs a video like that.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM       
Pent is the i-Mock authority on Fire Extinguishers, as he works in the industry. As an extinguisher tech, I believe.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 11:18 AM       
Try using it in place of the Tag.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 11:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
DO NOT USE THIS ON ANY CHLORINE PRODUCTS!!!! I see these things hung up in department store pool chemical aisles and blood shoots out of my eyes. You will cause a very dangerous gas to expel should you do this.
Ah yes, I forgot. A reaction similar to the one that will kill you if you mix bleach and ammonia for a "really great cleaner". Yes, a pool chemical aisle is definitely the place to not keep a fire extinguisher.

I should have realized you would take this one especially to heart.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM       
I know a guy in Long Island who sells fire extinguishers, I think he might be in rehab right now though. What you should do is put a nerf rocket on the end and fire it. I've done that before, it's cool.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 05:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
I know a guy in Long Island who sells fire extinguishers, I think he might be in rehab right now though. What you should do is put a nerf rocket on the end and fire it. I've done that before, it's cool.
That particular extinguisher is perfect for that. Just make sure you do it outside, and that you don't care about the grass around where you do it.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 08:45 AM       
All the sudden everyone's a feckin' expert on extinguishers. Way to ruin a thread.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 11:02 AM       
I think you should snap it in half over your knees.
New age settler
dj bastard is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM       
I think you should use it to fill balloons, then stand under them with a sharp stick.
be sure to video it though.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM       
Throw it in a bonfire!
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 03:15 PM       
Whippits
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM       
put a mento in thar!
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.