Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM        NEW FEATURE: "TEN THINGS I LIKE ABOUT EMPIRE STRIKES BACK"
Proto has put together a "top 10" list from The Empire Strikes Back, but it's not the obvious stuff you'd normally think of. These are smaller things that many people probably wouldn't notice.

NEW FEATURE: "TEN THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK" -by Protoclown
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/empirestrikesback

Enjoy!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM       
Proto, I really, really enjoyed that.

Two of your moments were HUGE favorites with my Brother and I back when we were teens who had waited in line on opening night in some tiny New Hampshire town.

Luke's frog face. I think I must have immitated that "NOOO!" take about seven bajillion times in response to anything anyone said to me.

Also the meal with Vader. My bother insists it's breakfast, I'm not sure what his logic is. It's his go to Trivia question. If trivia is ever introduced into any situtation, my brother, who is a highly placed civil servant in Health and Human Services immediately says "In which Star Wars film can Darth Vader be seen having breakfast?"
Mental Patient
TheMintWithAHole is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM       
Nice... I do like it when there's movie 'stuff' on i-mockery, like those reviews of crappy slasher flicks. Thanks to this website I'm now addicted to cheesy horror movies- especially zombie ones for some strange reason. In rehab they tried to wean me off them by making me watch romcoms with Hugh Grant but alas it was to no avail. Wait, I'm kind of missing the point. 'Empire' is my favourite Star Wars film and I noticed the Tauntaun/Hamburglar thing too... Actually I haven't seen them in the same room together either....
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:05 PM       
Proto, it's pretty much common knowledge to anyone in the star wars nerd community that boba fett isn't dead. He shows up in a whole bunch of canon after return of the jedi and I think some book explains how he got out of the pit.

I read that when I was like 14, so it's kinda old news

Edit: Also, it was a good read. There was a site that I came across a couple years ago that had really big lists of that kind of thing for every star wars movie and it was really funny. Now I'm gonna try to find it

That was very funny. Well done.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 06:36 PM       
That was very entertaining. I think most people would find Luke's frog face to be an obvious in the movie, though.

My favorite is the guy saying "yes sir..."
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM       
I'm ashamed that I actually knew Lobot's name before reading this.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM       
Thanks guys...glad you enjoyed the piece!

Max, I always thought it would be fun to collaborate with you and create the missing dinner scene someday, maybe by using altered still frames from the movies, or action figures, or whatever.

Zomboid, I used to argue with a friend of mine in high school about how Boba Fett escaped the Sarlaac and was still alive, but then I saw the prequels and realized that Boba Fett is now lame thanks to George Lucas. Also, I am a BIG NERD

Grislygus, there is no shame in knowing Lobot. Lobot is here to help.

I have received more feedback emails on this piece than anything else I've ever done, so I'll definitely be doing pieces on A New Hope and Return of the Jedi at some point, and I might tackle some other 80s classics too like Aliens, Terminator, Robocop, that sort of stuff.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 02:32 PM       
I found the website. It's got some pretty nerdy but funny stuff, so you should appreciate it. Check out the rating system. http://www.chefelf.com/starwars/ep4se.php

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 03:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown View Post
I have received more feedback emails on this piece than anything else I've ever done, so I'll definitely be doing pieces on A New Hope and Return of the Jedi at some point, and I might tackle some other 80s classics too like Aliens, Terminator, Robocop, that sort of stuff.

If you don't do a piece on Krull, I will never forgive you.

The Last Starfighter also has potential.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:11 PM       
Ooh, both very good choices. My god, Krull is so unbelievably cheesy. I'll definitely consider doing both of those. Last Starfighter is such a classic. BEST thing about the movie hands down is that one alien's "smoker" laugh.

And thanks Zomboid...I'm pretty sure I've seen that website before, but I'll check it out again.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 05:26 PM       
My favourite part Empire Strikes Back is the line "I'll take full responsibility and apologise to Lord Vader" being paid off two scenes later with force choke death and "apology accepted." Just fantastic.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 05:29 PM       
I always burst into an uncontrollable laugh when I see Luke bitching over the fact that Vader is his pops
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
These are smaller things that many people probably wouldn't notice.

I guess most people just dont look for them.
Not Just Normal Asia, Its
Goat Cheese is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 09:07 PM       
I think thats why Mark hamil has alzeihmers (or Parkinsons). that face is a killa.
[x] High-Five The Harlem Globetrotters
[_] Become an I-mockery god
[_] Defeat Lenor
[_] Become Womti's Best Friend