Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 07:52 PM       
i'd work the whole "this is sort of borderline incestuous, isn't it?" angle myself
Trash Enthusiast
Poison Doom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM       
I'll pretend to be his sister if he's cute enough.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:37 PM       
Just tell him the truth - you don't want to go out with him, and you'll see the movie and all, but that's it. What the "f" is the problem with that?

Throw in the "Let's just be friends" line - if he's got any brains at all, he'll drop you like a bad job.

Which is what you want, right?
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM       
Outside of drugs, alcohol or a wicked ass-beating, any suggestions on getting a "very nocturnal" 6-year old to sleep?

Just throwing it out there ....
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:42 PM       
A good cry. Tell 'em Old Yeller's dead.

But seclusion in a room with nothing to do that they can't get out of always worked for me. If they get frustrated, better. They'll tire themselves out, get bored, and sleep.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:46 PM       
BED TIME STORIES! Read him Black Beauty. The one about the horse, not the other one.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:50 PM       
Start yawning and hope he/she is suggestible.

I made the mistake of watching "The Real Housewives of Orange County" today. It only reinforced my existing belief that if Orange County simply disappeared, the word would probably be better off.

Seriously. When one says to the other, "You look so pretty", she doesn't say "thanks, you too"...she says, "Oh, do I?!?"
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM       
I agree, in fact all of Florida should disappear.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:00 PM       
orange county is in california
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:01 PM       
http://www.orangecountyfl.net/cms/default.htm
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:02 PM       
Fun Fact, Disneyland is in both Orange County's
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:13 PM       
It's also in upstate NY; what the hell?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:17 PM       
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, that's where that OC Chopper place is I think.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:20 PM       
Yeah, it's next door to a factory my dad has to visit all the time. He said in the past 10 years they've built like crazy and now it's practically an amusement park when it used to just be a garage.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Just tell him the truth - you don't want to go out with him, and you'll see the movie and all, but that's it. What the "f" is the problem with that?

Throw in the "Let's just be friends" line - if he's got any brains at all, he'll drop you like a bad job.

Which is what you want, right?
yes, i did tell him that i did not like him and did not want a boyfriend, but then my mother told him that i was just being shy. i also did not want to go on the date, but my mother had already accepted on my behalf and now it's too late to back out.

Quote:
Outside of drugs, alcohol or a wicked ass-beating, any suggestions on getting a "very nocturnal" 6-year old to sleep?

i don't have much experience with kids so this probably won't be helpful but you could always try it when all else fails

instead of attempting to get the child to sleep, just make it comfortable, show that it isn't a big deal to you and i think they'd just relax and eventually fall to sleep. instead of 'bed time' make it 'quiet time'.

that seems like it may work on kids, because in the little experience i do have, by trying to force the child to sleep and making a big thing of it they just become more stubborn and reluctant. just mentioning 'bedtime' can make them bounce off walls.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:27 PM       
Another thing is that kids assume all the best stuff happens after they go to sleep. Maybe if you did something super-boring, the kid would lose interest.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:45 PM       
Quote:

Tell him to do jumping jacks until he's tired.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 10:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
yes, i did tell him that i did not like him and did not want a boyfriend, but then my mother told him that i was just being shy. i also did not want to go on the date, but my mother had already accepted on my behalf and now it's too late to back out.
I'm pretty sure that this isn't a real date and that your mother is just trying to get you to have some sort of actual human interaction, which is ironic considering the fact that she chose to home school you.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 10:21 PM       
Thanks for the suggestions - I guess doing work on the computer was a good choice, because she's out for the count. YE GODS but she's a tough cookie. (I might have met my match here.) I don't know if this counts as doing something really boring, but maybe ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
Excuse me, but your mom accepts dates for you? And he thinks this is OK? Maybe he should date your mom.

If you feel you've got no choice, then go, and make the best of a lousy situation. At the end of the date, shake his hand and say "Thanks."
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 10:21 PM       
[dblpst]
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 10:24 PM       
Tell him to fuckin' beat it.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM       

Watched this last night. Tak Sakaguchi is pretty awesome. Just sayin'.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 10:31 PM       
Jesus. I hate when I'm about to post some useless form of advice and some asshole jumps in and puts up a f*cking poster.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 10:34 PM       
F*ck me?! No, f*ck you!
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 10:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
F*ck me?! No, f*ck you!

Oh! So YOU'RE that ASSHOLE!