Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 10:29 PM       
I wonder if they'd let you mix them up with a 'fruity mothman goes bananas'. I wonder what the mothman would think about people calling him fruity. It's like they're beckoning to come back and get cursed again.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 10:39 PM       
I don't know, I'm kind of picturing a mothman-Paul Lynde hybrid situation and I think that's worse than the original.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM       
For anyone interested, here's that MonsterQuest episode.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM       
Honestly, those prices aren't really that bad for carnival food. I've been at state fairs with $7 turkey legs and stuff.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM       
Nah, nothing was bad at all. The only drawback, as I said, was the horrible omnipresent stench of mothballs, which is absolutely incompatible with food smells. We had Mothman Pancakes, and during the Miss Mothman Pageant we had some cotton candy for $2.50. We were quite amused because cheerleaders were running the refreshment booth and didn't know what to do when I handed them a five. The cheerleader getting my order went blank, asked a friend, and the friend ran off for her mom. When I told them I was to get $2.50 in change, they seemed to think I was ripping them off.
Evil Robot
Evil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 10:47 PM       
I want a mothman patch cable
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 10:53 PM       
I went looking for the exact same mothman for president shirts and god damn they're expensive. 21 dollars plus 8.95 shipping from ebay is what they want for them. I haven't bought a shirt under 15 dollars since I was a kid. I guess I'll have to wait until I can visit there and get it on the cheap.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 10:56 PM       
I doubt it would be on the cheap there...maybe no shipping. The Mothman Pancakes shirts were I think $17.95, and I think I got my pink shirt with the stylized comic book mothman at the Mothman Museum for around $13. If you really like them, go to the gift shop site itself for a few dollars less.

Mothman for President Shirts
The Glum Cunt
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 10:58 PM       
Thanks for the link. I may end up buying it from them directly then! I didn't think that they'd be smart enough people to have it online. And if I get some disposable income that isn't taken by videogames, the mothman statues are kind of cool. I think I've just become a mothfan.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 11:07 PM       
West Virginians aren't particularly stupid. I've met plenty of people from other states who could beat them in a redneck doofus contest hands down. They know how to make a buck when an opportunity becomes available.

I think the Mothman thing is fascinating. If you have Netflix instant or other means to rent "Eyes of the Mothman", I highly recommend it as the completely exhaustive education on the subject.

Edit: I was seriously considering the Mothman Plush for my daughter's birthday. She was a weird kid anyway, but she came away from the festival drawing blobs with big red eyes and telling me, "This is Mothman. I love him."
The Glum Cunt
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 11:13 PM       
I think when I was in west virginia as a kid, I remember seeing so many rednecks. And one that scarred me for life. It was a morbidly obese black guy running a gas station in the middle of nowhere with a giant goiter on his neck. It looked like he had a mini second head sprouting from it. I try not to think about west virginia because it always pops into my head.

I am guessing my dad was just traveling through a strange part of west virginia and it's not all like that. Just like all of texas isn't cattle and farms.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 11:17 PM       
You might enjoy "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia".
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 09:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot II View Post
I want a mothman patch cable
The cables were unmarked and unexplained, just out there in the middle of a display. My working theory is that, since the woman at the checkout was the one who gave the tours, it was audio stuff she needed and set out and maybe forgot where she put it.

Although, given the state of things, I would not have been at all surprised if someone drew two red blobs on it with a sharpie and tried to sell them as Mothman Patch Cables.
The Glum Cunt
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM       
You know, I could see Groundhog Day 2 taking place during the Mothman Festival. I'd definitely watch it.
Evil Robot
Evil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 02:58 PM       
Does the mothman feed on improperly stored clothing?
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 06:36 PM       
They did spread mothballs.
Lone Wanderer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 04:28 PM       
So many neat things in Ohio, I need to get outta my town more often.
Forum Virgin
RedCometXIII is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:46 PM       
I was born in Gallipolis, OH; the town that the Silver Bridge connected Point Pleasant to across the Ohio River. I go through Point Pleasant and across the Silver Memorial Bridge whenever I trek back up there. I lived there the first 15 years of my life and it wasn't until I moved to North Carolina that I found out there was a Mothman festival. I was pissed when I found out since I never got to go.

I just happened to be visiting in OH during Mothman Prophecies opening weekend. Of course some friends and I went and saw it. The place was absolutely packed. Lines out the ass to see this movie. Too bad it sucked the big one.

I actually did venture into the TNT area once, the place where Mothman was supposed to live, along with being acquainted with a few people who dared to go there. It is one of the creepiest places in America. It's so quite all the time, like there's just no man or animal around, so whenever you hear something it grabs your attention immediately. Whenever you're in that area you feel a tremendous amount of unease. Didn't help that I found an abandoned vehicle while exploring the place, hazard lights on and drivers door open. I went into one of the munitions storage "igloos" while I was there but there was nothing of interest other than a garbage bag full of something. Coulda been a dead body which would have been interesting.

That entire area of Southeast Ohio/Northwest West Virginia is surreal. Like the entire region just doesn't feel right. It's so rural and so out of the way and everywhere you go there's forests, an image I've always connected with the supernatural. It's an interesting place for sure. I still want to go back to that TNT area one day.

Anyway, I was on the imockey main page and saw this topic on the front page and just wanted to comment. Glad to see people are still interested in the Mothman.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:12 PM       
Quote:
I went into one of the munitions storage "igloos" while I was there but there was nothing of interest other than a garbage bag full of something. Coulda been a dead body
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/image...ine=1235708859

why wont it work

i give up
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:56 PM       
because it's filed as a php

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCometXIII View Post
It's so rural and so out of the way and everywhere you go there's forests, an image I've always connected with the supernatural.
very few people here? must be some ghosts!!!!!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:21 AM       
RedComeXXX I disagree with you I think that the more people that there would be, then there would be more dead people, and then there owuld be more ghosts. Having less people and more ghosts just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, welcomme to the imockery forums and feel free to talk about other scary events in your life like mothman and such.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM       
I'll give you the unease thing. Every time I start to get near Point Pleasant I start to feel the same way, with no particular cause. I'd be interested to see if someone who was transplanted there with no knowledge of the history would also get the jibblies.

Always very relieved to leave Point Pleasant behind. It's got the eeyore dark cloud over it.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM       
You east coasters are easily terrified. In Arizona we have a bunch of scary places with weird back stories, we call them towns.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM       
i use a coaster on my coffee table