Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 12:54 PM        House says no impeachment
Shocking

House waves off impeachment measure against Bush
By LAURIE KELLMAN, Associated Press Writer

12:55 PM PDT, June 11, 2008
WASHINGTON -- The House has voted to send articles of impeachment against President Bush to a committee that is not likely to hold hearings before the end of his term.

By 251-166, House members dispatched the measure to a committee on Wednesday -- a procedure often used to kill legislation.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi long ago declared the prospects for impeachment proceedings "off the table."

Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, who ran for president earlier this year, insists that his resolution deserves more consideration. He spent more than four hours Monday night reading his 35 articles of impeachment into the record, including charges that Bush manufactured a false case for going to war against Iraq.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,6532220.story
say what now?
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM       
On the top of my mind, bush and cheney should be impeached for falsely linking al qaeda to iraq and saddam to 9/11 in the run up and during the iraq war despite zero intelligence reports have been provided to the white house that would prove the links exist.
say what now?
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM       
Why don't they let the people vote??

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
They didn't impeach Bush?! It was all empty rhetoric and political posturing?! I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU!
say what now?
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 03:23 PM       
no shit.

did you vote yet?
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM       
The people voted. Twice.

This is an empty gesture meant to rile up his fringe left wing constituency.

And again, you don't even read what you posted

Quote:
The House has voted to send articles of impeachment against President Bush to a committee that is not likely to hold hearings before the end of his term
First damn line of the article.

Not to mention anyone that voted for the invasion would also be open for impeachment.
say what now?
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM       
ok
say what now?
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM       
i wish you two would come up with evidence of your conspiracy theories that it's all policital posturing. it doesnt make sense to me since that dennis kuchinich is not a running presidental candidate or at least not anymore. so what exactly would his motives be for introducing the articles to harry reid and nancy pelosi who have failed to follow through?

i see that mccarthyism still exists today. it used to be communists now it has multiplied into terrorists/leftist pigs/liberals/whatever. how short sighted.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
i wish you two would come up with evidence of your conspiracy theories that it's all policital posturing. it doesnt make sense to me since that dennis kuchinich is not a running presidental candidate or at least not anymore. so what exactly would his motives be for introducing the articles to harry reid and nancy pelosi who have failed to follow through?
I didn't postulate a "conspiracy theory", I simply offered hyperbolic and rather sarcastic speculation about his motives. A conspiracy theory would be to insist that he is involved in some elaborate deception to fool the American people.

Are you really so dense that you can't tell the difference?
Mocker
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 09:21 AM       
And that he has partners.

Also, he is a politician. He is constantly running for office. Like I said, this move riles up the fringe left in his district that keep him in office.

Creating a Sisyphus-like image helps him keep his job.

And how exactly do you equate this McCarthyism? You've used more of Tail Gunner Joe's tactics than anyone here.
say what now?
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM       
you are absolutely correct sir. i don't feel like arguing over a trivial matter whether he is being sincere or playing politics. i am just wondering why the offers for impeachment have been dismissed when it is clearly evident that white house has been involved wrongdoings.
Mocker
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 10:59 AM       
Because its too damn late. How can you impeach someone thats already out of office? Because these proceedings won't start before January.

And nailing down the specific impeachable offense is not that easy. The big thing about the Bush administration is their ability to blur the lines so you can't say for sure if they are crossing them.

Of course, if you are one of the people who are claiming false pretenses for the Iraq invasion, well then that puts all those Congressional Dems in the lurch too. Especially the House and Senate Intelligence committees since they saw all the same documentation Bush did and still voted for it. You're pretty much asking them to supply the rope to their own hanging.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
Of course, if you are one of the people who are claiming false pretenses for the Iraq invasion, well then that puts all those Congressional Dems in the lurch too. Especially the House and Senate Intelligence committees since they saw all the same documentation Bush did and still voted for it. You're pretty much asking them to supply the rope to their own hanging.
Boo-yah. November just can't come soon enough in my book.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 04:46 AM       
wait, geggy needs evidence for a conspiracy theory to happen, now?