Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 10:44 PM       
Is this like Silent Hill 2, Splatterhouse, and Mass Effect, where I got a joke version of the game that some jerk planted for me to play?

Also I remember enjoying a similar game released by Eidos where instead of endlessly using the same attack over and over again you could actually string combos together and create your own spells with talismens and shit. Full 3D enemies with detachable limbs who all whithered awesomely when they died, and really cool environments that were so huge I actually got lost a few times. I think you could also man up with other fags over the internet as different characters from the game, but I only played the demo so I'm not really sure. I forget what it was called, but I have no idea why it was never popular and Diablo has LEGIONS of rabid fanboys ready to tear me limb from limb when I call their game simplistic and repetitive.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 11:13 PM       
Revenant, that was it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenant_(game)

Fuck yeah.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 11:21 PM       
You feel tore apart? No wonder you give up on games so quickly.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 11:25 PM       
The idea was that when I said Diablo was a hulking pile of puke you acted like you wanted to murder me and subsequently mutilate my body.

Which I've found to be standard fare amongst Blizzard fans.

Anyway, guys, we should totally play Revenant sometime. It's awesome.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:03 AM       
Wow you're a drama queen. I'll try not to hurt your feelings emo kid.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:16 AM       
I think you're just in denial about how bad Diablo is.

INTERVENTION
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:20 AM       
Now GW, you know we can't talk about this anymore. You'll start to think that I have multiplied into a legion that is wants to kill you and mutilate your body.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:24 AM       
I think you're part of it, certainly.

I don't see what the problem here is, my opinion shouldn't affect how you feel about something unless you're insecure.

I'm actually pretty excited for D3 after this thread prompted me to watch all the media for it, anyway. Been a while since I've played a decent dungeon crawler, and perhaps this one will be MIRACULOUSLY better than the original.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:30 AM       
the original diablo is pretty bad by today's standards, but it was pretty cool 11 years ago
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I think you're part of it, certainly.

I don't see what the problem here is, my opinion shouldn't affect how you feel about something unless you're insecure.
Drama queen.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 12:52 AM       
TADAO ANGRY

TADAO SMASH

WITH RUDE NAMES
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 01:20 AM       
I don't really see why you would think I'm upset. I said your opinion is shit and you give up on games to easily because you don't have any skill. This whole world you created in your head where you are after you in masses really shows a lot about you.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 01:33 AM       
I played Diablo for like, 7 hours before boredom overcame me. That's a long time to spend with something you hate.

You keep going on about how I have no SKILL, like someone who refuses to play Smash Bros with items turned on, but all it takes to be sucessful in Diablo is clicking on something you want dead until it falls into little bitty pieces and then moving on to the next creeping monstrosity and repeating yourself ad-verbatim, all the while drip feeding yourself with restore health potions so you don't fall over dead. If things get really bad you might have to teleport back to town and re-stock yourself with the shit before you resume the murder.

Clearly, this is an incredibly deep and strategic experience, and I have no idea what I'm speaking of.

Also, if you're not enraged by what I'm saying, why are you bringing personal attacks into the equation, Zomboid?

WELL, YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY CRAZY AND HAVE CRAFTED SOME FANTASY IN YOUR HEAD ABOUT THINGS AND BLAH BLAH BLAH. ALSO YOU JUST REALLY SUCK AT THE GAME, THAT'S WHY YOU HATE IT.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 01:37 AM       
I accept your apology.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 01:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
The idea was that when I said Diablo was a hulking pile of puke you acted like you wanted to murder me and subsequently mutilate my body.

Which I've found to be standard fare amongst Blizzard fans.

Anyway, guys, we should totally play Revenant sometime. It's awesome.
I've actually got a copy of Revenent in my desk drawer, but the cd is somehow messed up and when I install it it's missing files. Shame; great game.
I still kinda prefer Diablo, though, and the WoW look makes me pissed off. Warcraft 3 looked dumb enough as is; don't drag Diablo into the depths of gay.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 06:18 PM       
i will only play games that are brown and grey, for as long as I shall live, because i hear that's what the real world looks like.

diablo 1 required no strategy and was a click-fest. diablo 2 was a loot-based game that requires only enough strategy to decide what it is you're going to wear to prom.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 06:36 PM       
Games don't always have to be completely complicated and have god knows how many play strategies and all that to be fun you know. I never hear you complain about Street Fighter or River City Ransom. OMG BUTTON MASHFEST
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 08:34 PM       
What the hell? Who ever claimed that either of those games require no strategy?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 08:37 PM       
he just did, obviously.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:04 PM       
diablo needed some strategy, esp. if you got the butcher quest right at the start :/
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:26 PM       
I just found a wall with gates and a door, closed the door and fired arrows at his face.
And Chojin, I wasn't saying anyone did say that. I'm saying that there are other games out there considered to be the best games ever, and those aren't ragged on for lack of strategy.
Also, anyone remember that blind guy who dominated on Mortal Kombat; Fatal1ty? How the hell did he play the game?
was never good
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:01 PM       
Fatal1ty isn't blind, and everyone with half a brain does make fun of games that require no skill to play.

Hope you had fun at Otakon, what did you get in the dealer's room? ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 11:16 PM       
I'm also sure Johnathan Wendel is a Quake dude, too.

I wonder if he's any good at Enemy Territories.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 04:24 AM       
If it isn't Fatal1ty, then who is it? I KNOW I heard about some obscenely awesome blind Kombat player.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM       
Like Mortal Kombat is impossible to play, you just crouch in the fucking corner and uppercut for 2 minutes.

I've said this a few times before but Mortal Kombat is also horrible.