Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2003, 04:20 PM        Enter the matrix
Just dled it for pc. I havent played it much but from what I have its pretty fun. The fighting moves are pretty damn sweet. It has a slow down time thing just like max payne. Guess I should see the movie before I play it more :/

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2003, 04:32 PM       
I rented it before I saw the movie, and thought it was pretty cool... a good shoot-em up. Been trying to find one since max payne, I wasn't a big fan of dead to rights. I'm not sure if I got really close to the end (judging by the movie), or if it's worth maybe buying. I'd probably just rent it again.

I thought it was pretty cool (after seeing the movie) to see how they weave the story of the game in and out of the movie.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2003, 04:38 PM       
I haven't played it but watched a friend play it for GC. It looked pretty good and some of the Matrix moves are cool. You get to play the other part of the story which is good for people who are obsessed.

I won't be getting it though. It's just not that interesting. I'd rather be playing as Neo, Morpheus or someone cool but I suppose they didn't want to spoil the movie.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:06 PM       
I rented it a few days ago. It's my feeling that this is just a rental game. It's just too much like Max Payne to be original, and the combat moves, while neat-looking, can't sustain the entire game. Plus, you fight vampires, for some reason.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:22 PM       
Ugh...did you just say vampires ?
Mocker
Old May 23rd, 2003, 05:43 PM       
I only played the first level so far, I could understand how the moves could get old, but it is defenetly cool to run on the walls and beat the living shit outta cops before they get to throw a single punch.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2003, 06:00 PM       
I got it earlier this week for GC. It wasn't all I was expecting out of it, but I'm enjoying it. The frequent loading times, at least on this console, are a bitch. There's a few things in the graphics I'm not crazy about too... seems like a hand is still pretty much impossible to be rendered realistically. And when I'm halfway through a level and the operator tells me I need to track back to find the exit, that kinda reeks of "we were too lazy to make the building bigger".

But, the great variety of combat moves and stunts, which all look great, make up for that. I never played Max Payne much so I don't know how exactly bullet time was implemented there, but I like how you have constant control over the slowdown. From what I can tell so far it goes through great lengths to include all the things signature to the Matrix movies without it seeming out of place. The moves might get old eventually, but I still have to learn how to work four separate buttons at the same time to execute them all. I don't mind not playing as one of the main characters, since this game really gives me the feeling I'm playing a story that's before and in the background of Matrix:Reloaded. Plus Niobe kicks ass.

So, I like it. Looks like a lotta love was poured into this game. Nothing truly groundbreaking, but about as close to a Matrix experience as a videogame can get.

I'm not nearly far enough into the game to meet vampires yet, but they're in Matrix:Reloaded too - it was kind of silly the way it was explained, but they were servants of the Merovingian. They were some of the earliest Agent programs, very primitive, but kept around because they could only be killed by silver bullets (which is what Persephone uses to shoot one of them in the head).

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2003, 08:18 PM       
Yeah, those are the vampires I'm referring to. They don't come out and say it, but you can tell.

I'm playing as Ghost, and I'm walking down a hallway. There's a chair at the end of it, and for some reason, he walks up and smashes it, and then grabs a single chunk of the wood (read: stake). Shortly thereafter, I encounter one of the vampires, and I get a note saying that a stake in the chest "disrupts their code". As the icing on the cake, all the vampires have faces screwed up to look like bulldogs, like the ones from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Anyway, the moves were ok, don't get me wrong, but a few of them, such as the wallrun and the wall flip, don't really have any practical use in the game. In the case of those two, it's easier to just do a cartwheel dodge instead of a wallrun, and as for the wall flip, I've never been in a fight in which I had to run away for any reason, and since, as I found, they turn around as soon as you flip over them, it's more eye candy than anything else.
Custom User Title
kinot is probably a spambot
Old May 24th, 2003, 08:17 AM       
Heh, I just got through beating the game on my Xbox. The ending was just pathetic .

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 24th, 2003, 05:59 PM       
I've just come across the "vampires" sequence as Niobe, and it IS pretty awkward. She's tied to the floor, pulls herself loose and gets a chunk of wood in the process, and suddenly she's got an infinite amount of stakes to deal out. A little later she also pulls a crossbow out of nowhere. I liked the extra hand-to-hand combat, but they could've given a little more background on all the guys running around the mansion.

There's also a somewhat gratuitous scene in which Persephone and Niobe almost perfectly re-enact the kissing scene between her and Neo from Matrix:Reloaded. I couldn't make up my mind whether it was to warrant a mention that Niobe's still in love with Morpheus, or just to show a girlie kiss.

Alxcipher is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2003, 09:06 AM       
I just clocked it with Ghost. It was a good game, but it only took me about 10-15 hours. It was FAR too short.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 25th, 2003, 01:32 PM       
10-15 hours is better than the 8 hours it took me to beat devil may cry

I would've rented enter the matrix but the 4 they had were rented

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
Old May 25th, 2003, 07:26 PM       
I can get yous the hook up on a pc version.

snake is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2003, 07:49 PM       
if you have the computer to play it (fast) its easy to DL from the net.
try the #matrix channel on irc.homelien.no irc server. Theyll dcc it to ya.

Super-Chunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 11:59 AM       
they made too much hype around that game that now i never wanna play it
it dont look that great to begin with

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 02:34 PM       
That's the spirit, Super-Chump. Keep avoiding all things popular.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 02:50 PM       
I liked the game. But yeah it was too short. And there were alot of bugs in the game too. The best part was fighting the vampires though. The music got annoying too, it was just the sme stuff in every level played over and over again. If the animations were smoother for the npc's it would look alot better.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:38 PM       
A lot of times in the game, a techno track would kick in and then end before I could enjoy it. Like during the first car chase scene, and later in the sewers. It seemed like they were either coded in to play only during specific areas or actions.

The graphics could've been better in some places. The facial textures for Sparks, Niobe and Ghost (without glasses) were terrible, especially the eyes, and there's not a spot of blood in the entire game.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:53 PM       
i finally got a chance to play this game, albeit for only two hours, and i thought it was pretty cool. however, i can see how the limited moves would wear thin after awhile. and i didnt really pick up on it, but fs is right, no blood at all, thats kind of a ripoff
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:20 PM       
I've got the PC version, and I'm enjoying it, though it's nothing terribly ground-breaking and it is somewhat buggy. I had to turn on the subtitles on the cut scenes because sometimes the sound cuts out, and ONLY during the cut scenes. Very annoying.

Seeing the live-action movie sequences are the best part.

I do not like the new Oracle.

But I guess that's the point. And it's not like they could do much about it.

I'm playing through as Niobe, I'm on the freeway mission "Chasing Morpheus". I hate driving boards
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 09:20 PM       
I don't like the new Oracle either, (she has an annoying voice), but there is a reason for the change. The woman that played the Oracle in real life is dead, I believe. In the game, it is explained as to why she was a different person, though. The program that controlled her "shell", as she termed it, was given to an enemy of hers, and it was destroyed. She needed a new shell, and the lisp-voiced new body was the replacement. I know thats no excuse for the voice, but it explains it for all the retards out there that are saying "Man, this game sucks!! It doesn't even have the same Oracle!" I shit you not, I have heard people say that.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 01:15 AM       
I rented it yesterday and beat it earlier tonight with Niobe. I've yet to see the movie (probably Monday) so I didn't really know how all the vampire/lesbian kissing/multiple Agent Smiths ties into it or whatever, but it was still pretty fun. The driving parts and the ending were awful, though. Oh, same with the frequent loads.

Fuck it. I'm gonna play it again with Ghost now.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 10:28 PM       
Anybody play the PS2 version yet? Overall, it sounds like it's worth the $50.