Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

lollirot is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 12:33 AM        Deus Ex: Invisible War
So any other deus junkies on this board eagerly awaiting this summer/fall for the return of Deus Ex? I mean, the screen shots look just amazing, the normal mapping of the characters really gets some good results, though not Doom III by any means. What, you say you haven't seen the game. Well, perhaps you should check these and these out.
So uh, feel free to discuss the godliness that is deus ex here, since there seems to be some horrible mess up, because I couldn't find any thread already discussing it.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:41 AM       
Oh yes.

Deus Ex is one of the most well written and executed games that I have ever played. The complexity of the story was staggering at times. Near the end, I didn't know who I should trust.

Deus Ex 2, if even as good (hopefully much better) as the original, is sure to be a fantastic game.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:20 AM       
I thought Deus Ex was really boring, shitty, and had a shitty engine. And sucked.

But that's just me.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 02:07 PM       
You aren't the only one. :/
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 02:58 PM       
I think Deus Ex is one of the top pc games ever. I'm gonna get the second one for sure. I already reserved it.

Old Jun 1st, 2003, 10:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
I thought Deus Ex was really boring, shitty, and had a shitty engine. And sucked.

But that's just me.
That's because you don't like any game unless it is Dance Dance Revolution, or perhaps Deus Ex's plot was too much for you to comprehend. Probably both.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:54 AM       
Don't go there, girlfriend

-willie
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:13 PM       
I bought Deus Ex some time ago, and I hear good things about it. But I uhhhh...haven't installed it yet.

I have a huge stack of games I need to play. :/

Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:06 PM       
Deus Ex's performace was too hot (unless you have a high-ednd system) because the game was written with the original Unreal engine and more Glide specific than anything. Its Direct3D performance was not great at all, but playable.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 02:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Signal
Oh yes.

Deus Ex is one of the most well written and executed games that I have ever played. The complexity of the story was staggering at times. Near the end, I didn't know who I should trust.

Deus Ex 2, if even as good (hopefully much better) as the original, is sure to be a fantastic game.
Ditto!
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 11:26 PM       
I agree whole-heartedly with anyone who loves Deus Ex. It was one of the first games i owned for my computer (my family joined the technology bandwagon well after I would have liked) and it is still my favorite PC game. My brother says Battlefield 1942 is better, but I prefer a fictional experience. The storyline of Deus Ex was exceptional. It was deeply involving, and just as engrossing as my other favorite game series, Soul Reaver, but much more playable. Yes, the graphics were dated, but i do not play for graphics. If that were the case, I wouldn't have my old N64 lying around after I got XBox & gamecube. I play for the experience of a great story. On this, Deus Ex delivers the goods. And yes, I have Deus Ex 2 reserved.