Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:29 PM       
Uh.... I'm pretty sure that most of us were complaining. I know I was. I didn't like Clinton at all. But I'd rather have him than the current monkey.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:33 PM       
I look at Bill Clinton in light of GWB, and that puts Clinton on pretty high ground in my opinion. For me, it's not a matter of good things they've done, but bad things they shouldn't have. Clinton: extramarital sex in the office. Big. Fucking. Deal. The President should not have to be our moral compass - we have our respective religions for that. He would have disgraced the office if he let the country go to shit, but he didn't; for all his faults, I'd say we were in better straits in 2000 than we were in 1992. But I'll try to reduce my bias a little and give him two bad guy points for being too horny and lacking self control.

Now, we've got Dubya, and while I blame his administration for a lot of these things, they wouldn't go through without at least his implicit support. Faith-based initiatives, ESPECIALLY financial support to Christian churches - one point. Patriot Act. Another point. Coercion of the UN. Another point. Blocking stem cell research. Another point. He's already way in the hole; I don't feel the need to continue.

I admit that since I'm older now and all of this stuff is more recent, there may have been things about the Clinton administration that I forgot or overlooked, but overall, I think Clinton was miles ahead of Bush, or for that matter, Daddy Bush and Reagan as well.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 03:15 PM       
I think Zuhkov was just doing a Vinth immitation.