Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Dude, I totally get it. The man is trying to keep us down.

lol, there isn't any conspiracies. Everything is done right out in the open.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 06:29 PM       
I'm totally with you bro, I got my talking points in the mail yesterday too.
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 06:36 PM       
Quote:
I'm totally with you bro, I got my talking points in the mail yesterday too.
It's all good. We will agree to disagree.

No hard feelings.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 06:38 PM       
Trust me, your gonna wanna change you identity here.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 06:39 PM       
Go rogue.
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 06:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Go rogue.
lol

Quote:
Trust me, your gonna wanna change you identity here.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 07:36 PM       
Hi collinater, please explain to me without using another video, why your opinions are valid. Do it now.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:03 PM       
Everything you know is wrong.

You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:04 PM       
IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY DAMMIT!!!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
All I'm saying is that I'm skeptical of when people come running up to me and say "Look, It's SCIENCE......believe it!!! SCIENCE!!!!".
Real scientists don't say this.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:16 PM       
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
Hi collinater, please explain to me without using another video, why your opinions are valid. Do it now.
I will tomorrow when I'm at my corporate slave job getting paid for doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Everything you know is wrong.
NO

Quote:
IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY DAMMIT!!!
NO

Quote:
Real scientists don't say this.
Have you seen the news lately?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:23 PM       
Dude, the Colonel is science.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:30 PM       
HE DOESN'T CARE - HE KNOWS EVERYTHING!
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 10:10 PM       
Quote:
Have you seen the news lately?
That would mean that they aren't real scientists then, wouldn't it?
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 10:10 PM       
Quote:
I will tomorrow when I'm at my corporate slave job getting paid for doing nothing.
So we should take you seriously because your a self proclaimed useless burden?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 11:57 PM       
BLAME GORE
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 12:00 AM       
Again, that's scientists, not science. Reading the bible and understanding the moral subject matter of it isn't being a Catholic.

Being a Catholic means believing in an almighty creator, and giving praise to him. Religion is created by man, where science is created by physics/universe etc etc.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 02:20 AM       
:O
id say science is created by man but I get what you're going for zhukov so you are forgiven. however a real scientist wouldn't say that probably.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 02:31 AM       
Well as long as you know what I mean. I'm no real scientist.
Banned

Old Mar 9th, 2010, 09:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
This is what I gathered from my research. I don't mean to hoist my ideology on anyone else. I respect everyones opinions and ideas the real problem comes when people get bent out of shape because we don't see eye to eye. Which is understandable but we need to come to the realization that we all have different points of views that we have been cultivating throughout our lives. Not one persons journey is the same.

(breaks out acoustic guitar and starts singing some hippy song)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
That would mean that they aren't real scientists then, wouldn't it?
I think the real problem is that some viewers think they are. They wheel out some guy with "scientist" under his name to defend which ever corporation atrocity that has just taken place.

It goes something like this:

The "scientist" when prompted will immediately say...."EVERYTHING IS FINE, SCIENTIFIC STUDIES SAY THAT TOXIC WASTE IS GOOD FOR THE OCEAN AND GIVES YOUR A BRIGHT ATTRACTIVE SMILE....IM A SCIENTIST....BELIEVE ME....LOOK I'M EVEN WEARING A FANCY LAB COAT, pocket protector, AND GLASSES."

you get where I'm going with this. It's tough now a days to actual find an independent researchers.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 11:45 AM       
Quote:
The "scientist" when prompted will immediately say...."EVERYTHING IS FINE, SCIENTIFIC STUDIES SAY THAT TOXIC WASTE IS GOOD FOR THE OCEAN AND GIVES YOUR A BRIGHT ATTRACTIVE SMILE....IM A SCIENTIST....BELIEVE ME....LOOK I'M EVEN WEARING A FANCY LAB COAT, pocket protector, AND GLASSES."

you get where I'm going with this. It's tough now a days to actual find an independent researchers.
Actually, it isn't tough, but you have to know where to look.

This kind of pseudo-science also annoys the heck out of me. It doesn't take much more than a pair of safety glasses, a few test tubes and some colored liquid to convince most people that an actor is a scientist. Look at CSI for example (it's really quite a funny show, from a real scientist's perspective).

What bothers me the most about your stated viewpoints are the blatant discounting of one side of a given story simply because of a single or very few isolated events. As an example, take the climate change debate, for lack of a better term, which is much more complex and convoluted than you, or anyone else for that matter makes it seem. Just because of some e-mails, this throws everything into doubt? Please. You cannot throw away years of data much of which was collected before most of us on this forum were born (or our parents or grandparents for that matter) just on the basis of a few "suspect" points.

The bottom line is that we still have much more that we don't know about climate change than what we do know. It is an insanely complex phenomenon, made even more so by local variations in weather patterns (which allows bozos like O'Reilly or Hannity make cracks about global warming during a very cold winter in DC). I've seen some people on this forum (myself included) complain bitterly about the snowfall in the northeastern US. "Send some of that global warming our way!" The bottom line is that even with this local variance, the average global temperature at sea level is still rising. This trend will not be stemmed by any one course of action, nor is it clear that it is not part of the normal cycle of climate for our planet over millennia. What is clear is that adding to greenhouse gas emissions through technological advancement in third world countries will exacerbate the situation, and adds to pollution of the local environment in any event. Curbing this action is the right thing to do in the long run, whatever the reasoning.

Politics and science have become intermingled, and the truth suffers.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 12:26 PM       
I'm keen to see if we can discern whether or not this is actually part of a larger weather pattern, since recordings of temp. and other things have only been around since the industrial revolution. Correct me on the date if I'm wrong, (I probably am), but the instrumentation hasn't existed for all of recorded history all around the world.

I need to look at all of these ice samples they seem to find, too.

You can't suspend skepticism, Cooli. IT'S THE FOUNDATION OF GOOD SCIENCE.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 12:46 PM       
Yep. Good point, FZ. Also look at ancient tree ring patterns, which indicate periods of drought and deluge over the years.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM       
Quote:
I don't mean to hoist my ideology on anyone else.
You took a thread about Catholicism and spouted talking points about global warming.