Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 01:10 PM        Chimp's Gay Web Game idea thread
Okay, I've been thinking a bit about what would be cool to have in a web game like KoC, and I think that I've devised a pretty interesting system.

1) Each player would have a "mini-economy," rather than just being a massive army. In KoC, you get X number of soldiers per day, and X amount of gold based on that number per turn. I thought that it would be interesting to instead get peasants, from which you have to train specific units. Soldiers would not generate any gold; only your peasants would.

Therefore, if you wanted to, you could keep training all your peasants as soldiers, but you wouldn't generate any gold of your own and have to fight all the time to get more. In order to be self-sufficient, you'd have to leave a sizable number of peasants as peasants.

2) More than one type of unit. It would be like Warcraft where there's an equivalent unit for each race, but there would be stuff ranging from regular grunt/footman to knight. You can also assign them to attack, defense or all-purpose duty.

3) Magic units. You could also train peasants (or perhaps a high level physical unit) into a magic user, which in turn would do entirely separate additional damage in combat.

4) Equipment upgrades. These are like in KoC to upgrade the effectiveness of your troops. Maybe there could be a few upgrades to improve the productivity of peasants.

5) Artifacts. These would be for really powerful players with lots of resources since they would cost so damn much. You could only have ONE artifact, and it would only do ONE thing (like maybe a 25% resistance to magic damage or extra gold per turn). You'd have to decide which artifact was best for you.

6) Combat. Web games can't really have any complicated, drawn out strategy to the combat without forcing players to be online all the time, so this would be just like in KoC where both armies just beat up each other and walk away with teh mad lewtz.

Extra fortifications and seige capabilities, equipment bonuses, artifacts and racial bonuses would be taken into account when defending and attacking, and casaulties would be calculated in a weighted average type thing: Rather than just picking random units to die, you would be more likely to lose regular soldiers than knights, for instance.

7) Private messaging. Because whore wants it. And it's a damn good idea.

8) Control of your army. Okay, not necessarily true control, but if one of your lackey's can't keep their shit together (like with Ashiro), you can kick them out... Just because. Alternatively, you could betray your commander and change allegiance by enlisting under someone else. :evil

9) Commanders give bonuses. Your commander would help out a bit when you get attacked by providing a small bonus to attack and bonus based on their own strength. I still have to come up with a way to get around people just signing up under really powerful people to become invincible really early on... maybe the bonus would have to depend on your own size.

10) Tributes. Friends bankrupt because of little faggots? No problem. Give him some gold.

11) Attack/Defense/Exhaustion. This is the stuff that doesn't work in KoC. Each turn, you gain attack and defense points. Attacking and defending causes exhaustion. Exhaustion is a percentage for efficiency of your troops, and each turn your troops will lose some exhaustion.

When you attack X times, you lose X attack points. When you are defending, you will lose defense points (it would have to be on some sort of scale, since it's not realistic that little guys could take out a really powerful guy)... perhaps limiting the size of players that you can attack (both max size and minimum size).

12) Spies. Separate unit, still have to work details out, but effectiveness would probably rely on a percentage your defense rating.

13) Races. I was thinking maybe 4 or 5. It would be really cool if there was an undead race because their mages could be called liches.

14) Rounds. I think 6 months would be a good round length, after which everyone starts off at 0 and goes again.