Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM       
Nah, I haven´t tried MP yet, finished the SP though. It´s really been a while since I was so taken in by a story, let alone in a fucking shooter...so someone at UBI deserves a tiny tiny medal.

I still have so much stuff to finish, and there´s also an unplayed copy of Calling for the Wii sitting on my shelf...I know it´s not very good but I thought it´d be fun to play with a friend or so :D

Oh and the gamey-pun was unintentional, should´ve noticed though
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:40 AM       
I downloaded Space Channel 5 Part 2. Big mistake--I should have downloaded Toejam and Earl instead. I turned out to be terrible at Space Channel 5, as I couldn't even pass the second level. I would have been more upset if it wasn't discounted. Perhaps someone who has better rhythm, reflexes, and memory would enjoy it more than I do.
Coulrophobe
Mike Tobacco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:41 PM       
While straightening up my shelves I came across Quake II, and it dawned on me that although I played the shit out of multiplayer, I had never beaten the single player game. So, I'm working on fixing that. Oldie but a goodie.

-Moliere
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM       
I downloaded Ninja Gaiden 3: Good Edition for the Wii U. It's the first Ninja Gaiden game I've played since the NES one, so I really never played the newer ones.

Yea...so...it reminds me a LOT of Metroid Other M. Like...how did anyone expect these guys to make a good Metroid game? Because the engine and scenarios feel almost identical. I will say, it works better for an action game like Ninja Gaiden than Metroid, but it's still not great.

Also, I've been trading drawings and speedruns with the WayForward staff on the Mighty Switch Force Miiverse. I love that game, and Wayforward are bros. It was cool seeing them "Yeah" my request for a Mischief Makers sequel

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM       
Yeah, Other M was literally Ninja Gaiden without swords and shit.

I gave Planetside 2 a shot. You can tell it's a Freemium game because all the default guns are fucking garbage (especially the sniper rifle, jesus christ) and it crashes every time I try to close it.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Dec 6th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 08:40 PM       
Hahaha, oh wow. You're wrong about that, boyo.

The default guns are pretty great. The guns you unlock are never a straight upgrade either. You have to pick and choose which is best for your play style. New Conglomerate's default Sniper Rifle is also one of the best in the entire game compared to what the other factions start out with.

I'm currently trying to play through Far Cry and Far Cry 2 so I can start on Far Cry 3. I know they're not connected in any way story wise, but I wanted to see the whole series.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 03:58 AM       
I think, the thing about Planetside 2 that I hate the most ist how fucking stupid everybody looks. TR looks like some kind of Steampunk Rocketeer and Vanu...I don´t know, Gimps with Visors? Only the NC look remotely cool...and guess what, I´m playing TR
pickled
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 08:10 PM       
That's what you get for playing as the tard brigade.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 11:34 PM       

Damn not having a 3DS
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 11:53 PM       
They knocked $40 off the price of both kinds at Best Buy this week, if you're interested.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 12:04 AM       
Damn, that looks shitty. Then again, it is Castlevania. Can't ask for much there, I guess.
pickled
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 06:56 AM       
Fathom, why do you take pleasure in shitting all over the things I love?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM       
The last one I liked was Aria of Sorrow and the stories in the games always gave me douchechills. I'd rather they didn't exist at all.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 12:22 PM       
It is Christmas, so I am playing THE BEST Christmas game ever.

Running around Central Park shooting mutants with an M16 while people fucking spontaneously combust and explode? 6 dollars. The most kickass stage-select theme possible? Priceless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzRNZtj4lC8

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Dec 11th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM       
The Walking Dead

Way better than the TV-show. In fact, I can safely say that this is pretty much the only game ever where I actually cared about the characters. I mean, really cared. Great writing and voice acting. The last 15 minutes of the final episode were among the best things i've seen in videogames, when it comes to writing. Goddamn. True, there really isn't much gameplay, because it's more like an interactive story, but I would highly recommend this to anyone who is even remotely interested in videogames.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM       
thq is giving away free copies of metro 2033 for anyone who has a facebook i got mine and told mattjack now go get yours guys
http://www.facebook.com/THQDemos?sk=...HN-4aL_d-dQT74

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 05:12 PM       
sweet
pickled
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Melvin View Post
The Walking Dead

Way better than the TV-show. In fact, I can safely say that this is pretty much the only game ever where I actually cared about the characters. I mean, really cared. Great writing and voice acting. The last 15 minutes of the final episode were among the best things i've seen in videogames, when it comes to writing. Goddamn. True, there really isn't much gameplay, because it's more like an interactive story, but I would highly recommend this to anyone who is even remotely interested in videogames.
The game is canon to the comic. That's why it doesn't suck shit like the tv show. Don't worry though. Activision is making FPS based off the tv show.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 05:35 PM       

Playing Binding Of Isaac pretty much non-stop.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM       
played planetside 2

confusing
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 07:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
Playing Binding Of Isaac pretty much non-stop.
damn that game took 100 hours of my life already

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
pickled
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 12:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
played planetside 2

confusing
It takes a little while to get used to. What you need to do is go to each sector that needs to be conquered or defended from another faction. There a LOT of people with a lot of things going on. All you need to focus on is getting a base and hope everyone else at the other bases are doing the same thing.
BANNED

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 02:46 AM       
yea i did that and sitll couldnt get into it. i guess cause its free 2 play i dont really feel like grinding a million hours for a gun that isnt even that much better than others.

was still sorta fun though

also i didnt know that they made a third parasite eve
drifting in the void
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 03:29 AM       
The third Birthday (PE3) is really not very good, at least not as a PE-Game. Love 1&2 though, back in the day you just couldn´t get these games around here (they were both released, but no shop had them and the one video store that had it only rented it out, those fuckers wouldn´t sell it to me).

With Planetside 2, I can only suggest playing it in small doses, that´s when it´s at its best, since defending makes no sense, gameplaywise. It´s fun, but you´re essentially wasting your time.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:19 PM       
Got my hands on a copy of the HD remake of shadow of the colossus because everyone says how great of a game it is and I couldnt disagree more. Having to climb those fucks is far more annoying than the payoff is rewarding. This ass hate has to resecure his grip and footing more times than I care to count before you even get half way up. Most of the time before he even moves one shimmy up or across, its a huge head ache.