Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM       
oblivion was fun but it was seriously broken out of the box i can't stand games where the monsters level up with you, it makes for a very dull gameplay experience
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 03:45 PM       
Yes it was. And by the time someone fixed it, I was already over it.

Suicidal Chipmunk
JJ the Jetplane is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 08:29 PM       
you made me sad....... I really don't mind that the creatures level with you, at least that way you never had to deal with running into level 1 enemies that die in one hit. Having to waste my time fighting weak, weak monsters when I was like, level 78, was always one of the few things that bothered me about RPG games. There were so many other things I couldhave been doing at the time, like fighting something worthwhile, or finding some secret super-weapons, or something.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 11:59 PM       
Yes, except that there was no point to doing any of that. What's the point of find a better weapon when that will just cause you to level up faster, and thus make your search for the next great weapon that much more desperate? For that matter, why level up at all? The whole idea behind leveling up is that you are then better able to tackle tougher challenges/enemies, but in this game, the best case scenario is that you and your enemies are always even, but more often than not, you level up too quickly and wind up struggling to defeat a single skeleton walking around outside a ruined tower.

I guess what I'm saying is that playing pre-patch Oblivion is like running on a malfunctioning treadmill; When it works, you're going nowhere; when it doesn't, your knees get scraped and you wonder why you wasted your money.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 12:54 AM       
you never run into level 1 enemies that die in one hit, but you never run into a monster you really should not fuck with either

there needs to be CONSEQUENCES for going into certain areas, dammit
Suicidal Chipmunk
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 04:37 PM       
True, i do think the game has it's flaws, like the fact that not one single enemy in the game will destroy on such an epic scale that it rips your sohinctor inside out(always a fun thing to have in a good game), I still think that the enemies don't need to ever get ridiculously weak. Have you ever played any Final Fantasy game ever made, ever? After a while, if you have to pass through an area that's already been passed through, you get hit with fifty random encouinters, which all take more time to load than to actually kill, and it's like, "REALLY? you're making me fight THAT? I could destroy that thing in one hit when it was STRONGER than me." Sometimes it just annoying. Sure, you could fly over the place, but sometimes, you wanna go and see if you can find any treasure you missed, y'know?

ps...I only hunt for the strongest, shinyest weapons, or at least the ones that fit my gameplay type.
Suicidal Chipmunk
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM       
i do realize that i spelled shiniest wrong
Suicidal Chipmunk
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM       
sohinctor = sphinctor by the way, it's hard to type on this strange gaming keyboard
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM       
You know you can edit posts, right?

Your Final Fantasy analogy is faulty because Oblivion isn't a JRPG where you get into random encounters as you walk.

What I'm getting is that your only complaint is that you don't like fighting weak enemies. At the same time, though, you say you love to find the "shinyest" weapons, so in a way, your problem with weak enemies is your own fault. If you'd just quit exploring areas and looking for better weapons, I guarantee you'll stop encountering enemies significantly weaker than yourself. Furthermore, if you're easily killing the enemies in an area, what are the odds that they're guarding something that will help you become more powerful that you already are?

My advice to you is to stop playing RPGs that follow the Final Fantasy formula for random encounters. Once you do, you'll see that Oblivion is far from the best alternative.