Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:11 AM        15 british navy PERSONNEL captured

article

Last edited by KevinTheOmnivore : Mar 27th, 2007 at 07:35 PM.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM       
1. Did Hezbollah deny capturing those troops?

2. Has Iran denied capturing these British troops?

3. Are Hezbollah and Iran a part of a Jooish conspiracy to have themselves attacked?

Answer these questions, or I'm going to abuse my moderating power and have fun with this thread....
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:43 AM       
Sounds much more like the time when Iran captured some British marines and a couple of sailors, made them apologize publically for illegally entering Iran, then let them go unharmed after a few days. Remember when that happened? Remember how US Forces and an elite team of leather-clad Super Jews conducted illegal raids on Iran, using their lazer eyes and flying powers?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 10:47 AM       
From your article:

The incident was similar to one in 2004 in which eight British servicemen spent three nights in the hands of Iranian Revolutionary Guards before being released unharmed.
In that incident, the Iranians accused them of crossing into Iranian waters, which Britain disputed. This sparked the now infamous "Super Jew Raids," which left most of Iran scorched and unuseable for childrens' playgrounds, as had been that land's traditional function.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 07:33 PM       
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...AR0&refer=home

Here is an interesting read on the current diplomatic status between Britain and Iran. This bit was interesting:

Quote:
His spokesman Tom Kelly later told reporters that when the Prime Minister referred to a ``different phase'' in dealing with Iran, he didn't mean military action or expelling diplomats. Blair would prefer the matter to be resolved ``quietly and privately'' and the new phase may involve making public why the U.K. was so sure its people were in Iraqi waters, Kelly said.
``We have been clearly stating that we are utterly certain that the personnel were in Iraqi waters,'' he said. ``We so far haven't made explicit why we know that because we don't want to escalate this. We may get to the stage where we will become more explicit.''
What might the British have been investigating there? Why the certainty that they were in Iraqi waters (which I'm sure they were).
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:06 PM       
The dummies guess would be that the kidnapping itself occured on Iraqi soil, or as a result of an altercation which started along an Iraqi port. The problem with this is the Brits do themselves a disservice in terms of credebility when they try and minimize a situation while threatening to put Iran on blast and tattle if they don't play nice. Why not just say what happened? Iran's not going to appreciate the kid glove diplomacy anyway.
Mocker
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:50 PM       
Yeah, my guess would be that the Brits were checking for weapons trafficing, or somethinglike that, and had the guns turned on them.

I agree with you on their choice of methods. They should come clean with what they know, and put the ball back in the Iranian court.
=======

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 04:04 AM       
THEM DIRTY AY-RABS!!!!

Mocker

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 09:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr View Post
THEM DIRTY AY-RABS!!!!
I love it when people think they're poking fun at prejudice, and then end up making themselves sound 200* times as bigoted.

*Sean Penn math.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 09:58 AM       
I'd prefer the company of someone who sounds like a bigot over someone who IS a bigot. I guess that's why I haven't invited you to any of my parties. Sorry, Quadruple X.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 10:21 AM       
Could we not turn this into another "abc hurt my feelings once" thread?

Sounds like Iran might release the female sailor today: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...257880,00.html
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM       
I forgot that only one person here is allowed to find faults in others. Or maybe two, I guess.

I heard that the watercraft used by the Britons was a "zodiac boat", or something like that, which was conspicuously small for anything not conspicuous in nature. I can understand that covert operations SHOULD happen at times, but if such is the case for the situation then I think it's time for transparency. Yeah, it might mess Plan A, but things would already be messed up as it is and admission of what happened could only ameliorate the situation.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 10:55 AM       
Oh, good grief...

As for them being covert-- weren't they in uniform? Not very covert.

I don't believe Iran has any diplomatic leg to stand on here. Between the UN sanctions vote, and all of the Iranians supposedly being held in Iraq by the US, including a diplomat, this stinks of retaliation.

And as for the point made about using kid gloves on Iran-- it's not as if the Iranian's haven't gone this route in the past. If Blair capiutlates on this at the demands of the British people (which is certainly what Iran wants), all Iran will learn is what Bin Laden has said over and over and over again. If you keep attacking the West, they will give in, and they will leave. This also serves as a way to put a wedge between us and England, since they will probably demand that WE release thugs and insurgents caught in Iraq from Iran.
=======

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:49 AM       
On that note, I'd bet that the timing of this has everything to do with Blair's softening commitment to the effort. They know the longer they keep bad news in the papers back home the more frustrated Westerners will be with the war, and they've developed a formula for stirring the shit at just the right time. I wonder if this will strengthen the British commitment or if they'll go the way of Spain...

I know I'm throwing Iran in the same bucket as Al Qaeda with that statement, but it's war on terror, after all, right? It's all just 4G warfare. It's amazing to me that blatantly kidnapping foreigners is still considered a mild offense for Iranians... "It's Ok. They just do that sometimes. They don't really mean anything by it..."

Mocker
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:58 AM       
There's no military solution in Iraq, Preech. Only politics can save us now...
Mocker

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 12:51 PM       
Quote:
It's amazing to me that blatantly kidnapping foreigners is still considered a mild offense for Iranians... "It's Ok. They just do that sometimes. They don't really mean anything by it..."
Isn't that just the standard thought for kidnappings in the entire region? The majority of them go unreported, or are rationalized away. They should be treated as the international incidents which they are, rather then downplayed as the Brits are doing right now by holding back details.
=======

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 01:36 PM       
Political up to the point to which economic solutions take the bull by the horns.

Iran says the Brits were in the wrong place, but the Brits, who have actual sattelites, say the Iranians were in the wrong place. I say they should let us build them a Walmart so they can get GPS devices for their soldiers for $14.99 each and we won't have problems like this anymore.

Mocker

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 02:43 PM       
Yeah because money breeds pacifism and equality.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 02:55 PM       
Kev; no matter how looney you think Geggy's original post was (and it could have said 'cow cow cow cow' or all I can tell now) replacing it AND continuing to discuss the situation in a thread he started actually does seem abussive to me.

My brother, who works for the Fed, has a theory: Sure, absolute power corrupts absolutely, but really small amounts of power corrupt pretty good too.

I guess it was a totally inane conspiracy theory that contributed nothing and you feel he proved that by not responding to your provocation. Fine. If you feel it's worth your time to pave it over, great. Make a similar effort and start a conversation you feel is more significant.
Mocker

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 04:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank View Post
KMake a similar effort and start a conversation you feel is more significant.
Isn't that what he did when he posted the article we're all now discussing? If Geggy's not sticking around to defend his posts then at some point he's just spamming the forum.
=======

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx View Post
Yeah because money breeds pacifism and equality.
You are just being retarded. Now that I'm on your enemy list, discussing anything with or even around you is like arguing with a stop sign. Calm down, scrappy. The Dark Side's tightening it's grip on your frontal lobe. What you just said made no sense at all. Are the richest countries in the world the ones we're worried about right now? No. It's the poorest, most fucked up ones. You cannot have a free economy absent a foundation upon political and social freedoms.

Mocker
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 08:50 PM       
Dear Max,

1. If Geggy actually posted "cow cow cow cow," I would adore him for it. It would be far more substantive than what he currently does.

2. I warned him to defend his posts-- I have had more than one person complain to me about Geggy posting some stupid article like a spambot, and then never defending his claims. I asked him a series of questions, and he ignored them. I'm treating him no differently than I would any other spamming whore.

3. The original article, the source of the conversation, is still there.

4. I am drunk with power.

5. Incase you didn't notice, we were having a conversation on the subject matter, but thanks for derailing it.

6. cow, cow, cow, cow.
Mocker

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 10:12 PM       
Quote:
Are the richest countries in the world the ones we're worried about right now? No. It's the poorest, most fucked up ones. You cannot have a free economy absent a foundation upon political and social freedoms.
That all depends on how you read the numbers, and how much you fear an attack from Samoa. A free economy doesn't equate wealth equality let alone social freedom. The foundation you're looking for has little to do with economical issues.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:29 AM       
Cow Cow Cow Cow.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 09:43 AM       
I'm just sayin the parrellel between israel soldiers captured by hezbollah inside the border of lebanon is too much similiar to the recent capturing of brits personnel. How do you know it's not a common military strategical method used by the west to deliberate allow their own people to get caught by the enemies and use it as provacation to strike them in order to further the west's agenda? It's taken tony blair too long to come up with proof that brits were in iraqi waters so why are you more likely to believe he is telling the truth than the iranians are? We know that the us has drawn up plans to invade iran and overthrow the government 10 years ago, if you would understand the document written by kristol himself, instead of dismissing it as spam and stupid article then it would make for easier predictions.