Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
And they went to a Super Bowl. Yeah, Reid isn't as good as his coaching resume would suggest, but Donovan has gotten a raw deal. My buddy and I compared the way fans in Philly treat him to the way fans here in Tejas treat Tracy McGrady. They're not the problem, but the fans wanna see 'em gone. I don't get it; maybe I'm too rational.
I don't disagree. It's been apparent for some time to any fan that really pays attention that he is the heart and soul of the Eagles franchise.

It's funny, but every single bleedin' time they decide (for whatever reason) to develop a running game during any game, it seems they do much better passing the ball. McNabb has enjoyed this balance as well - his numbers the past two weeks have been far more than respectable, and an incredible difference over the Baltimore debacle and that stupid tie. The point is that he doesn't have to do it all himself, and that the defenses can't just sit back and play 3-deep all day long.

It's obvious to a hack like me. Why can't Reid see this?
You may already be there.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 06:16 PM       
He's busy bailing his kids out of jail.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 10:46 PM       
TO.... being TO. Aparently he has a problem with Romo now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

Now correct me if I am mistaken, but didn't our bipolar WR friend shed tears in defense of "his quarterback" less than a year ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 02:29 PM       
Quote:
wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten. Owens thinks Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens, according to a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates.
TO feels jilted.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM       
If this isn't gay, I don't know what is.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 05:42 PM       
Gosh, Terrell Owens complaining! Never saw this coming!

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 09:21 PM       
When will this cocksucker shut his god damn mouth?

Assholes like him and Chad Johnson make me veer further away from the NFL.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM       
I'll always remember my brother, a San Franciscan, told me when the Eag's signed TO that we would like him for a couple of years, then we'll be glad when we finally saw the back of him. It only took one year to wear out his welcome in Philly, and a little longer in Dallas, but there you go. You can't change the basic nature of the beast - he's an ASSHOLE.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM       
Latest word is that he decided to take his gripes directly to Jason Witten on the practice field and "called (Witten) a name."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3767580

T.O. = Team Obliterator
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 07:57 PM       
Now THAT's mature. :suckthumb

Witten should respond "I know you are, but what am I?"
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM       
Fuck the NFL referees. They've been atrocious all season and didn't disappoint this weekend, either. A great and meaningful game between the Steelers and Ravens was marred thanks to the replay official's douchebaggery. Steelers might've scored on 4th down, kicked a field goal, or gotten stopped... we'll never know.

Seriously, make the refs full-time and make them more accountable than a fucking league apology.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 08:42 AM       
Now it is teddy bruschi of the pats who is out for the year with an injured knee. But fear not, old man junior seau have taken his place. I still like their chances. Only if the stupid buffalo bills didn't fall flat against the jets in the winding minutes last sunday, the pats would be in a very good shape.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 09:05 AM       
Yeah, there does seem to be an uncanny string of horrible officiating this year. A few calls come to mind.
I find it hard to believe that a billion dollar company like the NFL can't have their referee's as full-time employees. Granted they don't have to work as often as NBA or MLB officiates, but still... Toss 'em six figures and keep 'em busy training/watching video for four days a week. It's getting bad.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 10:03 PM       
I think the Bills lost on purpose to put the Pats in worse shape. At the very least Losman is on the Jets payroll.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 10:13 PM       
AFC Wild Cards will be Miami and Baltimore, methinks. It'll be okay though, Boston, you've got the best basketball team in the land and we all still hate your guts.
Mocker
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:55 PM       
Baltimore needs to beat a team with a winning record. Otherwise, San Diego can sneak in there.

And Indy has a spot, I think.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM       
How would Baltimore effect San Diego? San Diego isn't in the hunt for the wild card, they're playing for the AFC West. They've got a better conference record than Denver, so if they win out and Denver loses out they'll take it with an 8-8 record.

The wild card chasers are Baltimore, Miami, New England, and Indy. And yeah, the Colts are actually the top wild card right now.
Mocker
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 07:05 PM       
No, San Diego is still in it. Outside shot, but the way Baltimore does in "must win" games, the Charges may have a better shot.

Granted, it will most likely be Indy and the Pats or Jets.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 07:39 PM       
How is San Diego still in the wild card race? The best they can finish is 8-8, the worst Baltimore, Miami, New England, or the Jets can finish is 9-7. And all those teams except the Pats have a better AFC record than the Chargers. Trust me, the only way San Diego makes the playoffs is as the AFC West Champion.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 08:44 PM       
Pac-man is right - the only way SD goes to the playoffs is if Denver loses two and they win out. They mathematically can't finish with a better record than either the Pats, Jets or the Ravens. So no wild card.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 09:42 PM       
Vikings send 6 Pro Bowlers and somehow Jared Allen isn't starting.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:47 PM       
The Pro Bowl gets more farcical every year. Fan voting is a joke. The second I heard Phil Rivers got snubbed for Favre I realized why we have an electoral college.
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM       
Jon Abraham got snubbed and he has 15 sacks! Shit like this is why I hate fan voting.

The only reason why Yao Ming starts every year in the All-Star game is because the Chinese can even vote.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:50 PM       
Yeah, it's bad in the NBA too. I like fan voting and I participate most years, but if people are just stuffing the ballot on behalf of recognizable names then fuck it. The purpose has been defeated.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 01:11 AM       
I think it's safe to say that the Ravens, after 12 years, have finally found their quarterback. Joe Flacco is steady beyond his years. Romo looked like the rookie at times tonight.

The Eagles are right back into the thick of the hunt now. I think that they'll beat Dallas at home next week, go to the playoffs, and that Donovan McNabb will be telling a lot of people to kiss his ass.