Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 11:23 AM       
Well thats why we can't have nice things. I get home around 6:30 EST.
Forum Virgin
ryot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 02:04 PM       
wooooooooooooo! i'm drinkin' to doc mocks mausoleum! i love these vids
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 02:59 PM       
The thing that I didn't understand about Ft Hood, and maybe this is just an ignorance of how the military works in general, but...why was it the civilian police who came in? It seems like on a base that big they would be well-equipped to lay one hell of a smackdown on a gunman pretty much immediately. Especially if, as they say, soldiers are allowed to carry their own personal weapons with an adequate permit.

I'm surprised the guy got on as long as he did, and even more surprised that emergency personnel pulled him through (I gather at some point he's going to wish they hadn't).
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryot View Post
wooooooooooooo! i'm drinkin' to doc mocks mausoleum! i love these vids
These kinds of posts aren't allowed in the chat room thread

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
The thing that I didn't understand about Ft Hood, and maybe this is just an ignorance of how the military works in general, but...why was it the civilian police who came in? It seems like on a base that big they would be well-equipped to lay one hell of a smackdown on a gunman pretty much immediately. Especially if, as they say, soldiers are allowed to carry their own personal weapons with an adequate permit.

I'm surprised the guy got on as long as he did, and even more surprised that emergency personnel pulled him through (I gather at some point he's going to wish they hadn't).
My guess is because he blended in. They also say some of the victims may have been shot by other solders trying to stop Hasan. In all the confusion he was likely passed over a few times thinking he was just another solder trying to help stop the shooter himself.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 03:50 PM       
On the news they're showing him in what they call "Islamic Clothing" at a 7-11, smiling and laughing, presumably before all hell broke loose. I've seen lots of anchors/commentators trying to steer the situation to make it look like the fact that he was Muslim explains it all, and that kind of bugs me.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
On the news they're showing him in what they call "Islamic Clothing" at a 7-11, smiling and laughing, presumably before all hell broke loose. I've seen lots of anchors/commentators trying to steer the situation to make it look like the fact that he was Muslim explains it all, and that kind of bugs me.
it's been bugging me too. that kind of ignorance makes me wish i wasn't american.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM       
I agree that it is jumping to conclusions and is a sad state of affair but dont wish you werent American.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 04:03 PM       
News is dead.
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 04:07 PM       
And propaganda killed it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 04:08 PM       
Houey Lewis killed the news.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 05:02 PM       
you can be homicidal-bonkers and adhere to just about any religion. Being Muslim doesn't mean you have some sort of genetic disposition towards being homicidal-bonkers. The guy was a military psychiatrist and probably heard some pretty heavy shit on a daily basis, up to and including resentments caused by a culture clash with a culture with whom he identified.

I thought I read somewhere that psychiatrists have a pretty high depression/suicide rate? Working with it doesn't make them immune.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 05:14 PM       
They hear every sad thing in the world. Nobody goes to a psychiatrist because they're happy.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM       
Not trying to excuse what the guy did at all. I just think that maybe these news anchors should look a bit deeper than name/religion if they want to understand what led up to this.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 05:40 PM       
I wasn't either. :/

I was puzzled at first by what it meant; I had read in a headline that authorities were trying to figure out if he was born with his name or if he had changed it after converting to Islam. I was puzzled by what that meant. It didn't have any relevance in the story at all.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 05:56 PM       
I can't even imagine the pain and anguish of the psychiatrists whose patients are psychiatrists.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 06:03 PM       
Psychiatrists don't go to psychiatrists. They open up small caliber weapons onto crowds.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 07:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Well thats why we can't have nice things. I get home around 6:30 EST.
You have a nice couch.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM       
I love Malcolm McDowell but I've had about all the President John Henry Eden I can stand
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
You have a nice couch.
FUCKING HELL thats why he hasn't been on the forums lately, all snuggled up on his sectional couch with a peice of pussy and some fresca.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 12:17 AM       
Groooooss! Fresca?!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 02:28 AM       
I bet this Hasan guy got a lot of shit thrown at him by arsehole soldiers who thought that Muslims called Hasan are to blame for all their problems.

PS I wouldn't mind being Canadian, but USA would be too much.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 04:24 AM       
eh, I wouldn't generalize. I know nice and asshole Americans, I know nice and asshole Canadians. I also know nice and asshole Australians.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 08:13 AM       
I don't think it's too much of a generalisation to say that there would be plenty of soldiers in/out of Iraq that don't like muslims.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 08:23 AM       
Yeah, but I'm sure that's true of the Canadian troops too.