Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 12:10 PM        So my neighbors' house was on fire
It probably wasn't much later than 9am that my mom came in my room. I don't recall if I'd already been awake, or if she woke me up. But I was told to wake up, because the house is on fire next door.

The house is on fire next door.

Yeah, great wording. "THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE next door." After the split-second of registering that it wasn't our house on fire, I sat up and looked for some clothes. The first question; "Where are the cats?" I already knew the answer (under my mom's bed, where they always go when they're scared). I don't like them being under there, because then it's near-impossible to gather them up in case we needed to ever get them out in the case of an emergency.

The house was in flames, apparently. I didn't go out, but my parents did. All we know is it started in the master bedroom, and the whole inside was gutted in the fire. They say that it looks as if there wasn't any furniture at all in the house. The fire burned it all to nothing. But thankfully, the fire department got it under control and out, so we didn't have to worry about trying to evacuate.

It's still standing, but the inside is completely gutted by flames, and the roof is shot out. The whole thing will have to be torn down, and there is literally nothing inside that can be salvaged.

The neighbors themselves were fine. They weren't even home. Their pets, on the other hand... 5 cats and 1 dog. One cat was taken to the hospital, and one cat is missing (update: found, and apparently OK, if not a little shaken up). The rest were victim to the smoke.

And they just found out today they are gonna be grandparents.

We just got power back now, and I'm working on getting my cats out from under the bed. The girls keep coming out and going back under, but the boy won't even dare to come back out again just yet.

Trucks are still here, inspector is going through the wreckage. Neighbors are devastated.

So yeah, how was YOUR morning?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 12:16 PM       
This thread is nothing without photos.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM       
We have some. But my new computer doesn't have the digicam software installed yet, so I can't post them.

I thought it was a bit tasteless for my dad to take the pictures in the first place, but I can understand. Trying to show them to the neighbors as they're arriving on the scene, however...
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 12:33 PM       
wow, that's fascinating. i've heard about 'fires' on TV and in the news before... i've even seen the trucks go by on occasion. once i even saw a movie about fires (i think it starred those baldwin boys). but this? wow. unbelievable. thanks for sharing!
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 01:25 PM       
I'm still laughing at the fact James still lives at home :/ Even in my script he was atleast something interesting
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 02:20 PM       
photos are good for insurance purposes. it's not tasteless at all.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 02:23 PM       
It sounds like everyone is a cat lady where James lives.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 02:31 PM       
cat ladydom requires no less than a dozen cats.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 04:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
photos are good for insurance purposes. it's not tasteless at all.
Yes, I'm aware of that much. I don't think the insurance company will be too interested in the lady news reporter though.

And when the people arrive to find what's left of their house, I don't quite think they wanna see the events unfolding from your video card. "Hey, sorry your child was murdered. Here's some pictures of the whole thing happening."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
It sounds like everyone is a cat lady where James lives.
We used to have a dog guy. Every day, he'd walk these two dogs. But then they attacked him, and last time I saw him was a few years ago, when he was walking at least one dog with his arms bandaged up almost to the point of looking like they were casts.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 09:57 PM       
Reminds me of the time that the tree in my neighbours backyard got struck by lightning and practically exploded in a ball of flames. I got so scared that I couldnt sleep. That was when my mom started being ultra religious and started quoting the book of Revelation and I thought that those flaming balls of wood was at least one of the signs of the end times.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR