Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM       

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM       
what, all at once?
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 07:38 PM       
Pockey
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 07:42 PM       
uuugh, I remember trying some Poutine. Shit was nasty
Esq.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
what, all at once?
I was trying to decide.

I went with the donair.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 07:49 PM       
I thought donairs were almost exclusively Nova Scotia. Weird. Then again, I've never seen poutine outside QC.
Esq.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 08:08 PM       
I'm right next door to Nova scotia, so yes. And poutine is all over canada too. Even our KFC's server poutine.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM       
a donair does sound v. tasty though i've not had one before
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM       
The KFC bowls are roughly the same idea.

http://www.kfc.com/menu/bowls.asp
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 08:23 PM       
According to wikipedia there's such a thing as a "donair poutine". Now THAT I'd like to see.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 08:26 PM       
Fucking love fucking doner kebabs. I'm looking for a Greek place around me, as a matter of fact.
Esq.
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 08:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
According to wikipedia there's such a thing as a "donair poutine". Now THAT I'd like to see.

it's actually not that good.

we have a local pizza place (Jacks Pizza) that sells the donair poutine as well.

They have really good pizza by the slice, which is a quarter of the biggest pizza they have, and their motto is "If you think size don't matter you don't know Jack!".
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM       
A "Leaning Tower" panini from Giant. It's actually quite good, and it's on sale RIGHT NOW!

(Gods, but I'm a cheap bastard.)
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 01:44 PM       
I just ate more than my share of chicken salad on triscuits. I got a basket of blackberries from the farmer's market (our county allows pregnant women $15/season toward produce and that was my big purchase*) and I think I might make blackberry crisp or a cobbler later.

* The berries were $5. I also got 2 ears of corn, a head of broccoli and a "local melon" for my $15.
Esq.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM       
I like blackberries, but they are damn expensive here, unless you buy them frozen. This a.m. I had a grilled ham and cheese.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 03:47 PM       
Blackberries are usually expensive here too; I was surprised that the yuppie farmer's market had them at all. But since the county thinks I'll birth a monster if they don't tell me what to eat, I hand over the Coupon of Shame and the berries are free.
Esq.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 04:19 PM       
It's actually pretty cool that they give you that.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM       
It's very cool, but sometimes the ladies at the farmer's market give you attitude about it. What you can get varies with their whim (the woman told me she wouldn't "let go" of the peaches, for example). She basically told me what I could have and that's what I got.

Once I washed and picked over the berries, though, they were very nice. And the blackberry crisp looks/smells delicious.
OH GOD
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM       
blackberries are probably the best tasting thing ever
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 06:43 PM       
Cold corn on the cob

It's good :o
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 12:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
lol poutine i still remember that thing from quebec such a simple dish my brother used to ask for the italian poutine wich pretty much means poutine with spaghetti sauce and meat much better than that

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 03:42 AM       
:O That sounds good. Healthier, if nothing else, I'd imagine.

I was looking like hell for a Greek place around here, but I didn't have time. It's across town. So I settled for some Chinese. I dunno what you'd call it, since it was cabbage, broccoli, carrots, pork, chicken, and tofu tossed together in some savory sauce and thrown on some rice.

It was wonderful.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 06:42 AM       
I had cheese tamales and white rice.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 09:48 AM       
You guys don't get blackberries growing all over the damn place? I can't walk five meters without treading on a bush. Blueberries are the hard to get and expensive stuff here, and I like them the best.
OH GOD
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 10:03 AM       
I get blackberries growing all over the damn place! like three different varieties

although the Himalayan ones are less of a useful food producer and more of an unkillable brambly menace