Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
The problem with that is to guys like Plaxico, the solution is carrying a gun. If I move into their tax bracket, I'm not carrying a gun. Someone (with a license and training) is carrying the gun for me. Either that, or I'm going to classier/safer places or just staying at home and rolling around in my money.
WORD!

And in other news, it looks like Plax will not be playing again for the Giants this year (and maybe ever).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
The New York Giants fined and suspended Burress on Tuesday for four games -- the rest of the regular season -- after he accidentally shot himself in the right thigh over the weekend at a Manhattan nightclub. The team also placed him on the reserve non-football injury list, which means the wide receiver couldn't come back for the playoffs, either.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Fines in the NFL typically mean a player loses a paycheck for each game he misses. In Burress' case, that would mean roughly $206,000 per regular-season game. He also was due to receive $1 million from his signing bonus on Dec. 10. It was not immediately clear whether the team still had to make the payment.
Potentially a $1.8MM fine. So maybe we can forget the "rolling around in my money" part.
You may already be there.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
I'll give any NFL player this: Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor, and Richard Collier were all shot over the last two years. So maybe these guys are being targeted because of their "bling," or the fact that they're recognizable and people know they're rich.

The problem with that is to guys like Plaxico, the solution is carrying a gun. If I move into their tax bracket, I'm not carrying a gun. Someone (with a license and training) is carrying the gun for me. Either that, or I'm going to classier/safer places or just staying at home and rolling around in my money.
The problem with is that Steve Smith, another wide receiver for the Giants (who makes a lot less money thatn Plax) was robbed in his own Drive way. He got out of his and some dude came out of hiding and put a gun to his head.

Honestly, I don't think that was any concernof Burress Friday night, but it goes to show a lot of these guys are targets simply for being well known.

It is one thing to say, "hey, don't wear $20,000 of bling and stroll through Red Hook" like someone did a few years ago. But, I'm not going to fault a young guy who has made it big for wanting a big house and nice car.

One more thing bugging me: How the hell did Plax get into a night club wearing sweat pants?
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:08 AM       
Yeah I like what Brandon Jacobs had to say about being a potential target for robbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Jacobs
..if you come in between that door frame of my home, I am going to kill you.
Then the reporter apparently asks him if he even owns a gun and he says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Jacobs
Listen to the words that are coming out of my mouth..

That s*it cracks me up. I like how he just blatantly says he'll kill you. He's just letting all the crooks know that he ain't nothin nice. Hell, I believe him.

"Hey let's rob that house tonight!"

"Wait, isn't that where BRANDON JACOBS lives? Man, fuck that, LLoyd. I say we try and rob this little white boy next door."
Mocker
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM       
Have you seen Brandon Jacobs? He does not look like he needs a gun.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:12 AM       
I know. That's the best part really. It's like if the Incredible Hulk pulled a gun on you. Who the hell would see that coming?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM       
By the by, I heard Plax's agent, Drew Rosenhaus being interviewed by Tony Siragusa during halftime of the MNF game. Oh, if those microphones had exploded, I could've died a happy man.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Dec 3rd, 2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: grammar
Mocker
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:42 PM       
Considering how most agents are soulless undead hellspawn and Rosenhaus is a "super agent", I don't think it would have done anything.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM       
Maybe if they exploded holy water?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 05:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
I know. That's the best part really. It's like if the Incredible Hulk pulled a gun on you. Who the hell would see that coming?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
If I had to choose a way to die, it would be getting shot by The Incredible Hulk. I would demand it be on my tombstone even!
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 01:23 AM       
I've always wondered how athletes are treated when they go to prison. Guys like Bam Morris, Rae Curruth, or Michael Vick. Do they get treated better by inmates because of their celebrity status like Rick Fox on "OZ" or do they get targeted maybe to bring them down to everyone else's level? I'm sure someone like Vick probably has inmates to do his bidding given the fact that he'll likely still be playing when he gets out. But guys like Bam Morris or Carruth who aren't getting out anytime soon, what happens to them?
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 02:51 AM       
Thanks to Plaxico, the rest of the country is left to suffer:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...de_crime_spree
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 04:39 AM       
Hahahahaha. The Onion rules.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 07:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I've always wondered how athletes are treated when they go to prison. Guys like Bam Morris, Rae Curruth, or Michael Vick.
How about OJ? 15 years in the slam, parole potentially in 8 - methinks he's in for a rollicking good time.