Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM        Favorite game of 2011?
I'll start off by saying that I didn't play Skyrim. Mainly because I want Fallout 4 to feel fresh. I loved Fallout 3 but at times it felt like I was playing an Oblivion expansion pack.

Mine was definitely Dead Space 2.

It was gorgeous, scary as hell, brutally gory and had some truly breath taking and memorable moments.

The first game was amazing and I feel like I didn't hear much of it. I played through it probably 5 times and even on the hardest difficulty. After I finished it I didn't really think much of it as a series or a franchise and then when I heard about the sequel I was instantly pumped. There was even a contest to design a necromorph kill which was put up by Visceral Games through Facebook. I entered with a short story (there was no restriction on medium used) but I didn't make it

It was a cool story though.

Dead Space 2 lived up to the hype and blew my balls out of my asshole. Every second of the game has you on the edge of your seat. There are a ton of unlockables as well including hardcore mode (this game is already hard as shit) which makes ammo VERY limited (causing you to rely heavily on using telekinesis to skewer and kill enemies with random items laying around (not that easy mind you)) AND you only get 3 FUCKING SAVES

Haven't played it through hardcore mode yet but it's something I always talk about finishing. Also, word has it that Dead Space 3 is going to take place on an ice planet, and instead of darkness everywhere it's said that blinding light is going to be the antagonist. I'm skeptical but Visceral Games did everything right with Dead Space 2 so I am fully putting my faith in them.

More great moments (Mega Spoiler)
Spoilers!

Runners up:

Little Big Planet 2. I love the first LBP and have made some insane stuff. I really didn't pick this game as my favorite because when I get in create mode, I can't stop myself. I feel like it's what WoW players go through. I build and build and create until the sun comes back up. I honestly have this game in storage because I will stay in my room and play it all night. If anyone wants to see some of the stuff I've made (which you probably don't) search for Thrashed By Plasma. My PSN is ThrashOmen.

Gears of War 3. Waited for this game ever since the end of Gears 2. Pre-ordered 2 years in advance, was devastated about multiple push backs and was a boss in the beta. When it was released (along with my load) it was awesome and made up for GoW 2's weak ass ending. Plus, Horde mode has eaten away at many hours/days of me and my room mate's time, plus standard multiplayer is phenominal. As much love and history I have for this series, Dead Space 2 just felt like something so new, exciting and bad ass that I had to give it top spot.

Vanquish. Beautiful shooter with a retro-y/arcade shooter kind of feel to it. It makes me think of a shitty japanese b-movie but with a serious budget and production value. I didn't beat it but I loved what I played of it. I haven't been able to find it anywhere (I only buy used games) but when I do I'm definetely going to pick it up and finish it.

I'm sure alot of people are going to post Skyrim, which is cool because from what I've seen it looks epic. Plus Bethesda is probably going to back it up with insane DLC like they did Fallout 3 which is going to make the game twice as absurd. My room mate said that the game glitched and he clipped through a boundary and he discovered that the lands from Oblivion and Morrowind are low-res modeled but FULLY in the game. He thinks it's for some sort of DLC which will link the last 3 games together, I think it's probably just background eye candy for some quest he hasn't done yet.

What was your favorite game of 2011?