Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 07:31 AM        A boxing thread
I don't expect we will post in this one often as boxing rarely does anything noteworthy anymore (God I miss Ali)

That said, thought I would start one because of last evenings La Hoya vs. Pacquiao fight. Details here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

This was inevitable, La Hoya was a legend, but instead of retiring on top, he kept fighting when he probably should not have. It was only a matter of time before someone younger would clean his clock.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM       
I wouldn't be surprised if a Pacquiao/Mayweather Jr. fight is in the cards.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 06:13 AM       
I think Mayweather Jr may not want to fight Pacquiao. He had to beat La Hoya by decision and Pacquiao dispatched La Hoya with ease. Mayweather knows this, I think he'll stay retired.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM       
How about Pacquiao/Hatton? Still a marquee match up, and probably more likely (though I'm a firm believer that "Money" Mayweather is not done yet).
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM       
Interesting strategy employed by de la Hoya the other night. trying to block Pacquiao's punches with his face. Either that, or it was the rarely seen "Gandhi method" to boxing.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM       
As far as pugilism goes, I'm usually a Klitschko fan, no matter which brother.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 07:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
How about Pacquiao/Hatton? Still a marquee match up, and probably more likely (though I'm a firm believer that "Money" Mayweather is not done yet).
I think that will happen at some point.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM       
And what a slugfest it shall be.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 10:35 PM       
Oh, and this (as advertised) is the funniest KO ever. I didn't see the fight, but I remember it getting a lot of play a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INFTyi0WFU
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 06:13 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
Oh, and this (as advertised) is the funniest KO ever. I didn't see the fight, but I remember it getting a lot of play a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INFTyi0WFU
The look on his face when the ref calls it is priceless
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 10:18 PM       
Anyone else watch Wladimir Kiltschko and Hasim Rahman tonight? Klitschko is hands down the best heavyweight right now.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 10:26 PM       
The man's a beast.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 10:56 PM       
Not really a statement fight as Rahman is past his prime, but it's a good fight to help shape Wladimir's title reign as he took apart a former world champ.