Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:59 PM       
That is a strange rule.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2005, 11:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Oh please. The Mexican government has been assisting people who try and cross the border.

And the border patrol has not been that beefed up.
Oh, OK, I guess the border patrol rep I quoted up there was just lying. I'll take your word over hers.
AngPur is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:06 PM       
Quote:
Oh please. The Mexican government has been assisting people who try and cross the border.
Define 'assist'. We saved a little Cuban boy from drowing with a leaky raft a few years back, is that a case of corrupt government assisting foreigners?

I mean, you do realize you are dissing the federales too, right? If any police force in the world is prone to take suspects in for a heavy handed beatdown of an interegation, you can rest assured they'lll be shouting Espanol at you.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2005, 07:27 PM       
By assist I mean actually publishing literature on how to properly jump the border and what to do in case you are caught.

Or how about not doing a goddamned thing to change the situation there that causes people to want to risk the journey?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2005, 07:54 PM       
Quote:
By assist I mean actually publishing literature on how to properly jump the border and what to do in case you are caught.
I recall it being a pretty amusing comic book, too.
Mocker
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:33 PM       
Now that you defined 'assist' let's see what ang's next response is. Exciting.
The comic is on the Mexican government's website. http://www.sre.gob.mx/tramites/consu...ante/page1.htm

They aren't assisting the illegal immigration at all, sure

'In December the Mexican government officially released a comic book that sanctions illegal aliens crossing our southern border. They claim it is to help migrant worker with the title The Guide for the Mexican Migrant, but upon viewing the comic book it shows illegal aliens crossing the Rio Grande, trapsing through Arizona,avoiding border patrol agents and instructs them on how to hide in American society so they aren't caught.'

This is on the last page of the comic: 'This consular protection guide is not promoting the crossing [of the border] of Mexicans without legal documentation required by the government of the United States; its objective is to make known the risks implied and to inform about the rights of migrants regardless of their legal residence.'

It's like when you buy a water bong in a shop with all marijuana merchandise and it says 'For Tobbacco Use Only'
Mocker
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:41 PM       
I hope the Vatican makes a comic book to show priests how to avoid getting caught molesting altar boys.

... Mexico's foreign ministry said the booklet was an attempt to save lives and inform migrants of the legal consequences of entering the United States.

"Last year over 300 Mexicans died in their attempt to enter the United States in search of a job and the government has the obligation to avoid that," Geronimo Gutierrez, the ministry's undersecretary for North American affairs told Reuters.

"The guide clearly states that the safe and appropriate way to enter any country is with a valid passport and a visa, and in no way promotes undocumented immigration," he added.

The official said some 1.5 million copies of the pamphlet had been distributed to several states in central Mexico with high migration rates.

Urrea, author of "The Devil's Highway," a book about 14 Mexicans who died crossing the Arizona desert in 2001, said the guide will revive the debate about whether Mexico has any real intention of stopping illegal border crossing.

Urrea said Mexican officials know all too well that their nation needs the billions of dollars sent home by immigrants from the United States each year.

"My gut feeling is that Mexico is happy to benefit from the money coming back from Skokie and all these places," Urrea said. "Every single warning that I know of from the Mexican government doesn't say, `Don't do it.' It says, `Watch out.'"
Old May 6th, 2005, 10:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
Telling them to drink water in the desert and not carry weapons? THOSE DASTARDS!

Nice double post, btw.
Mocker
Old May 6th, 2005, 11:03 PM       
And the best places to cross.

And how to duck patrols.

Little things like that.
Mocker
Old May 7th, 2005, 02:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngPur
Quote:
Telling them to drink water in the desert and not carry weapons? THOSE DASTARDS!

Nice double post, btw.
Nice arguement by the way.

Mr. Oysterhead is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2005, 03:36 AM       
I love you all so much.
Mocker
Old May 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM       
WASHINGTON (AP) The Homeland Security Department will assign more than 500 additional patrol agents to the porous Arizona border, saying they will help keep potential terrorists and illegal immigrants from entering the country, The Associated Press has learned.

The border buildup was to be announced Wednesday - two days before civilian volunteers with the so-called Minuteman Project begin a monthlong Arizona patrol against immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico line.

Well, it looks like the only reason there is even a minute increase in border patrols is because the MM tweaked the government into action.
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:31 PM       
Quote:
Nice arguement by the way.
It doesn't really matter. If these jobless smucks want to play war in the desert it's their own business. I also suppose in the end it reduces the number of cases where a Mexican assualts an American and burglarizes him out of employment.
Mocker
Old May 8th, 2005, 12:06 PM       
Who said they were jobless? I don't know about you, but I only work 8 hours a day (sometimes more if the shit hits the fan). That leaves me time to pursue other things.

Maybe these guys are retirees who already paid their dues.

Do you feel better when people are discouraged from making a life threatening journey that violates federal law? About wasting time and money on more federal agents and bereacrats that have to arrest these people or give them aid and services when they don't pay taxes?

How about bringing more attention to a place that also is an access point for weapons. narcotics and various forms of criminals?

Ordinary citizens taking part in their own protection. You do realize thats what this country was founded on, right?
Mocker
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:46 PM       
Just a bunch of jobless slave owners I say. Don't even get me started on volunteer firemen.
Mocker
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:46 AM       
Quote:
Who said they were jobless? I don't know about you, but I only work 8 hours a day (sometimes more if the shit hits the fan). That leaves me time to pursue other things.

From what I've gathered, many of the seem to be mid-level type professionals and your typical 9 to 5ers. I know that one of the organization's heads is using up his vacation time doing this.
Old May 9th, 2005, 01:30 AM       
Quote:
Then jobless would still be an appropriate description.

Quote:
Do you feel better when people are discouraged from making a life threatening journey that violates federal law? About wasting time and money on more federal agents and bereacrats that have to arrest these people or give them aid and services when they don't pay taxes?
No, believe it or not, some of us don't have wet dreams about driving around miles of desert with our pick-up truck and Dale Ernhart rememberance sticker while playing war upon the Mexican fence hoppers.

If these people want to uphold laws, they are more than welcome to attempt to join their police or other law enforcement agencies.

Also, law enforcement cannot be accurately called bureaucrats, unless you're just a complete anarchist who thinks all the 'pigs' are out to get you.

Quote:
How about bringing more attention to a place that also is an access point for weapons. narcotics and various forms of criminals?
Can we hire them to keep an eye on trailer parks to for the same reasons?

Quote:
Ordinary citizens taking part in their own protection. You do realize thats what this country was founded on, right?
Silly me, I thought this nation was founded upon immigration, legal or not. But no, you are right. The poem at the base of the statue of liberty is just for show. We don't give a rat's ass about outsiders. America formed out of respect for the law. We didn't say 'eff you' to the king and encourage expansion or anything. Also, we certainly didn't give a fuck about due process or law and order. Nope, when our founding fathers penned 'a well regulated milita' into the second amendment, they meant a bunch of Nascar dads who have nothing better to do than guard a random bit of border.

What are they doing about the wide open Canadian border? Or do we not care if the nation bordering us contains mostly caucasians?
Mocker
Old May 9th, 2005, 02:24 PM       
Actually, respect for the law is a part of it. We just expect the law to respect us back. Our concept of the law is to protect individual rights and allow hard working people to live their lives as they see fit without harming each other.

And how many Canadians are crossing illegally?

Quote:
Then jobless would still be an appropriate description.
No, retired and jobless slobs are two different things.

Quote:
No, believe it or not, some of us don't have wet dreams about driving around miles of desert with our pick-up truck and Dale Ernhart rememberance sticker while playing war upon the Mexican fence hoppers.
So you have a wet dream about cheap immigrant labor cleaning your floors.

Quote:
If these people want to uphold laws, they are more than welcome to attempt to join their police or other law enforcement agencies.
So they can be held down by red tape and quotas? Kind of defeats the point.

Quote:
Can we hire them to keep an eye on trailer parks to for the same reasons?
If the residents of said trailer parks want to form their own volunteer watch groups, more power to them. As long as they work within the confines of the law and work with the law enforcement professionals.
Old May 9th, 2005, 04:01 PM       
Quote:
Our concept of the law is to protect individual rights and allow hard working people to live their lives as they see fit without harming each other.
Assuming said hard working individuals were born on this soil.

Quote:
No, retired and jobless slobs are two different things.
I didn't say jobless slobs. I just said jobless, meaning without a current place of employment. My point was these people have a wee bit too much time on their hands.

Quote:
So you have a wet dream about cheap immigrant labor cleaning your floors.
Of course, because if you don't rabidly want the Mexicans to stay in their own nation, you must have 50 working for you. Brilliant logic. I have yet to be mugged on the street by a Mexican who runs away with my job.

Quote:
Quote:
So they can be held down by red tape and quotas? Kind of defeats the point.
So then why have any police at all if armed retirees do it better? We might as well just abolish police forces.

Like I said before, if the Minute men want to play cops/war in the desert, that's there thing, but don't expect everyone to have a raging hard-on for them like you do.
Mocker
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:00 PM       
When did looking through binoculars and calling the border patrol become playing war/cops?

And about the Candaian border. I am for a secure Mexican and Canadian border because both can be used very easily by islamofacists who want to blow up some buildings. But I mean you have to start someplace and why would you start up near Canada where the problem is not nearly as bad.
Mocker
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:14 PM       
Quote:
Quote:
Our concept of the law is to protect individual rights and allow hard working people to live their lives as they see fit without harming each other.
Assuming said hard working individuals were born on this soil.
Actually, if we are goijng by the Founding Fathers, assuming its a white, land owning male born on this soil.

Quote:

I didn't say jobless slobs. I just said jobless, meaning without a current place of employment.
Ang said they were jobless smucks. Missfire.

Quote:
My point was these people have a wee bit too much time on their hands.
Why? Because they persue an activity you choose to generalize?

Quote:
Of course, because if you don't rabidly want the Mexicans to stay in their own nation, you must have 50 working for you. Brilliant logic.
Its no less brilliant than assuming all the MM were gun toting NASCAR loving unemployed rednecks who hate minorities. Turn about is fair play.

Quote:
I have yet to be mugged on the street by a Mexican who runs away with my job.
Check your next income tax statement.

Quote:
So then why have any police at all if armed retirees do it better? We might as well just abolish police forces.
Who said they were armed? And you do realize that the MM are working in conjunction with the authorities, not against them, right? Because if you have gathered otherwise, even after all the articles and such presented here and throughout the media, I'd have to assume you are either willfully stupid or just plain retarded.

Quote:
Like I said before, if the Minute men want to play cops/war in the desert, that's there thing, but don't expect everyone to have a raging hard-on for them like you do.
They are not playing cops/war in the desert.

And I don't have a raging hard on like you do for trying to put down people who think differently from you.
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:51 PM       
Quote:
Ang said they were jobless smucks. Missfire.
Well of course they are not literally foreskins.

Quote:
Quote:
I have yet to be mugged on the street by a Mexican who runs away with my job.
Check your next income tax statement.
Oops. You're racist.

Quote:
Who said they were armed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
They don't need firearms and not all of them have them.
Quote:
And you do realize that the MM are working in conjunction with the authorities, not against them, right?
Which is why I asked why they shouldn't just try to join the authorities themselves.
Mocker
Old May 9th, 2005, 11:49 PM       
Quote:

1) Maddox is a hack. He is a whining little pussy who cries about people playing their radio in a public fucking park. Anything that is remotly funny (and there isn't much) on his site is done better somewhere else. Grow up and learn what "funny" actually is.

2) Are you telling me we don't spend billions on services and enforcement on illegal aliens?

3) Do you know what racist means?

4) Oops, you're a retard.

Quote:

Which is why I asked why they shouldn't just try to join the authorities themselves.
Because this how they are spending their free time. Its not their livelyhood.

Also, there is a long process to becoming a law enforcement official and these guys are really just trying to draw more attention to the problem.

Why don't you bother Max or Kevin on why they don't become professional activists?
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:09 AM       
AngPur- have you ever been here to arizona?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Mocker
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:25 AM       
Quote:
Why don't you bother Max or Kevin on why they don't become professional activists?
I need some scrilla first.