Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 12:13 PM       
Yeah. I think the next President, Republican or Democrat, will do a far, far better job. But boy will they have a mess on their hands.

I guess my fear is that W wants to make sure that the situation the next Presdient inherits is something he (or she, I guess) can't walk away from. I think he's already done this in Iraq, but he's a pretty focused guy, and I believe he thinks 'spreading democracy' to be a quasi religous calling to him speciffically. I think he wants a situation that the next President won't be able to pussy out of.

That being said, you know I respct your military accumen quite a bit, and I'm really, really glad you think it won't come to that.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 12:16 PM       
Keep in mind it was the European community that capitulated on sanctions this week, not the president.

If we can't get sanctions through, out of fear of what China might do or say, how might China react to an invasion of Iran?
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 12:37 PM       
Thanks. I'm a dreamer.

I agree that Bush is trying to spread the progression of conservative agenda far beyond his tenure. But what politician doesn't?

I don't think he's doing this with spite up his sleeve. To me he's merely a puppet for special interest groups. He has Terrorism Tunnel-Vision (that's mine, I made that up) and he's numb to public dissention.

America will have demands of the next president. And it might take a 1-term president and a reelection before we can, as an aggregate, show that we will hold our leadership accountable and a president who rules in absolutes won't be tolerated. We'll stand united at the capital and wave signs that say, "This is a fuckin' democracy!"

If it doesn't happen in 10 years I'm moving to Canada.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 12:42 PM       
Luckily, it's getting warmer in Canada.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 12:58 PM       
Oh shit. Now you're talking Global Warming!!!! Does Gore have his hand up your ass?
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:26 PM       
No, but I'm a dreamer too.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:42 PM       
So, if Bush doesn't lead the charge into Iran, will you respect him for that, Max?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 01:49 PM       
I'll be really glad, lets start with that. But without knowing what's going on in the west wing (and that usually takes years to get any idea) there's no way of knowing if I should respect him or not.

If he makes a decision that it is not good for America or the world, and that's why he doesn't attack, if he doesn't attack, yes, I would respect that.

When we invaded Afghanistan, while I never enjoy war, I respected his restraint. Directly after 9/11, I was afraid we go nuts and rettaliatte all over the region before we even knew what was going on. I don't know if the board goes back that far, but while I was never constitutionally able to like Bush, there was a month or two where I actively respected him. And then I found out that the administration had been hell bent on going to war in Iraq before 9/11, and that almost immediately on 9/12 we were moving the WOT in that direction. Oh, hell, I guess I still respect him for not doing it immediately. And he never used Nukes, even though they make Dick Chenney's mouth water. I think if we hadn't let Chenney of the torture chain he'd have had to nuke somebody. The evil undead need their hobbies!