Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM       
Same here. :kitsa
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM       
Watched the aisha taylor standup. Was really funny and they draw lana to look exactly like her.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 03:16 AM       
megamind
the usual suspects
seven
jaws
they live

more movies than i usually watch in a day, but i didn't have a hell of a lot to do
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 09:26 AM       
I saw Wrath of the Titans at the local IMAX in 3D.

My displeasure at my friends for making me spend $17 on the nonsense was voiced when I was singing the Beauty and the Beast song through the opening.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM       
watched jack and jill just to see how bad it was. it was really horrible.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM       
Man On A Ledge

It was shitty, predictable and utterly forgettable. I'm really starting to hate Sam Worchestersauce or whoever the fuck.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM       
I already hate him! I'm not sure when it started, but that fucking movie sealed it. I haven't even seen it--I am judging it based entirely on the trailer.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 02:07 PM       
lol I forgot that movie existed until you guys reminded me of it.
aint nobody

Old Apr 7th, 2012, 08:55 PM       
28 days later

pretty good
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 09:03 PM       
28 weeks later

pretty worse
aint nobody

Old Apr 7th, 2012, 09:50 PM       
i wouldn't know
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM       
death bed: the bed that eats - i knew the title would be the best part and it is. the movie wasn't as horrible as i expected, but it was still pretty bad.

the business of fancydancing - sherman alexie is great so i want to like this movie a lot more than i did. it was too "film school," disjointed and loosely put together. it's based on a book of poetry, so i guess that's fitting. the best parts were just poems being recited. it was good enough to cause me to buy the book the following morning.

magic cop - it's no mr. vampire (it's mr. vampire 5!), but good nonetheless.

the corpse bride - terrible. worse than i expected, and i expected a bad movie. the 14 year-old goth in me cried and wanted to watch edward scissorhands again.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM       
Submerged

A 2005 direct-to-dvd Steven Seagal film.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM       
submerged, fuck yeah

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 06:34 AM       
I kinda felt sad when I saw that the guy who portrayed Liebgott in Band of Brothers was also in the movie :<
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM       
I went to see Hunger Games in a theater, mainly because I could (it was right across the street from Nationwide Arena, how much easier can you get) and to be fair when I continue to rip it up one side and down the other.

It's a very pretty movie. However, it's basically what I thought...pretty much exactly like Battle Royale and Running Man and Shirley Jackson's The Lottery and pretty much all others of the genre throughout time. Instead of Japanese stoicism-and-loyalty imagery, they just contrasted decadence with Depression-era poverty (think Sofia Coppola's take on Marie Antoinette with ripoffs of Dorothea Lange photos thrown in- as a matter of fact, in one establishing shot they directly imitated a Dorothea Lange image). Otherwise, it's all the same. Beat Takeshi is Woody Harrelson. They even had the specially trained ringers, the Careers who trained and volunteered, just like Kiriyama in BR.

I don't know. The woman who write this is, I've heard, a Hollywood screenwriter. If, as she claims, she never heard of BR (or Running Man, or even The Lottery, which I thought was in every high school English book) when she submitted the manuscript, that's just a poor educational background. But as I said, it's a pretty movie with pretty people. I've only read excerpts of the book so I can't say how far it departed from original intent. I'm guessing not far.

It's still better than Twilight, but I am pissed at it bring thrown about as a new thing and I'm irritated that its production blocked the American version of BR from being made (it put them in the position of looking like they were the copycats). However, that version might have sucked as bad as The Grudge, so maybe they saved us all.

Last edited by Kitsa : Apr 9th, 2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: used wrong word
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM       
Chasing Ghosts. Some documentary about early arcade video game players trying to get high scores and being best in the world at arcade games.

This one guy in full military garb was being all tough because he has the high score in missile command or some war arcade game.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 02:32 AM       
i don't know about you guys but i can't wait to see man on a ledge the most anticipated sequal to the movie about that guy who couldn't leave th ephone phone booth.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 02:35 AM       
Quote:
I don't know. The woman who write this is, I've heard, a Hollywood screenwriter. If, as she claims, she never heard of BR (or Running Man, or even The Lottery, which I thought was in every high school English book) when she submitted the manuscript, that's just a poor educational background

what a liar
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 02:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i don't know about you guys but i can't wait to see man on a ledge the most anticipated sequal to the movie about that guy who couldn't leave th ephone phone booth.
I don't know why I didn't make that connection.
BANNED

Old Apr 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM       
i can't wait for the third film which takes place on black friday where a guy can't leave his space in line no matter what because some dude wants a really cheap tv or his wife will be mad at him or something
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 08:15 PM       
Or the one were he waits in line for a week for tickets to the opening show for the movie you are about to watch.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 09:50 PM       
Gainsbourg, vie heroique

Really fucking cool movie.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM       
The time I saw Jane Birkin live in concert ranks right up there in bestest experiences ever. I will see the gainsbourg movie, since I always admired his balls (figuratively)
Gix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 03:48 PM       
saw Sucker Punch yesterday, got at wallyworld for 10$ on bluray..and,was totally blown away by it,was not what i thought it would have been and clearly this film is very much underrated,imo..really can't stop thinking about it