Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 03:22 AM        warcraft 2 / ipx network problem
source: http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...t-II-BNE-.html

Quote:
Another issue came up when I tried to play over an IPX Network using my laptop. Despite the required settings were set, my laptop was still not able to actually join games but just "see" them appear as they were created.

The difference with my laptop and the other computer is that there are more than one network interfaces (a fixed one and a wireless one). The unfortunate but obvious is true, Warcraft II does send the IPX packets to the wrong interface (confirmed by using Network Analysing software).

Fortunately this issue can be solved by explicitly disabling the IPX protocol for non participating network interfaces, so Warcraft simply isn't aware of other network interfaces and thus is forced to select the right one to send its IPX packets to.

For some obscure reasons I don't know, it seems to be that disabling the whole networkinterface doesn't contribute to the solution of the problem! Support for the IPX protocol has to be disabled explicitly by deselecting it's checkbox for each non-participating network interface!
i don't know how to do this. i have the ipx network protocol installed for the wireless networks, both computers see eachother (my laptop and the other computer) via one of us creating a game and the other tries to join but it just keeps "waiting for a response."

SO!!! does anyone know how to "[disable] the IPX protocol for non participating network interfaces" ??
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM       
Get Warcraft 3.

lol j/k
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 07:42 PM       

warcraft 3 has no water!

Last edited by bigtimecow : Nov 12th, 2007 at 07:42 PM. Reason: forgot to say something :-*
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM       
1. Open My Network Places

2. Click "View network connections". You should now see a list of all the network adapters on your computer.

3. Right-click on each item that you DO NOT want to use IPX with and select "Properties"

4. Uncheck the IPX protocol from the list and click OK.

5. Repeat as many times as necessary.

Warcraft 2 will probably run like crap on new computers.