Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pygmy Extraordinaire
Location: In a home that scares my neighbors by having body parts on my balcony all year long
LittleDollClaudia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 05:25 AM        What is your favorite Christmas horror movie or show?
Mine is the Tales From The Crypt episode titled And All Through The House.

From the beginning when the wife kills her new husband with a fire poker to the psycho dressed as Santa that is let in by the little girl, it makes you want to lock your doors until winter is over.

So 80's cheese, but oh so great.

~zydrate comes in a little glass vial..~Graverobber, Repo! The Genetic Opera
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM       
Only movie I can think of is Santa Claus conquers the martians.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM       
the nightmare before crhistmas counts if yes then that i found it sad that know is some sort of emo flagship

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 12:41 AM       
The original Black Christmas is pretty predictable by today's standards, but there's some good scares and there are some really creepy, dread-inducing parts. The director then went on to make another Christmas horror movie about guns, decapitation, rampaging dogs, and Ovaltine.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 02:56 AM       
Jack Frost, Not only my first Christmas horror film, but my first horror film. I remember that girl getting raped by a snowman.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 09:11 AM       
Hands down, Gremilins.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM       
Shit, forgot about Jack Frost. Jack Frost 2 is where it's at.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 12:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
Hands down, Gremilins.
gremlins is great too

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM       
The original Jack Frost is by far the most entertaining of the Christmas-themed horror flicks as far as I'm concerned. Silent Night, Deadly Night comes in a close second though.
Title
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 10:16 PM       
Yeah, there just are not enough christmasy horror films out there. I would love to see a Movie about a killer midget dressed as Baby Jesus.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 03:29 AM       
man i am glad two people already said gremlins in this thread now nobody has to get slapped

except maybe the op
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM       
Oh, Santa's Slay is pretty fun / horrible as well.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM       
Gremlins AND Jack Frost are great, but Black Christmas is by far my favorite.

That was very funny. Well done.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 04:00 PM       
Gremlins is a comedy.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 07:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
Oh, Santa's Slay is pretty fun / horrible as well.

/shudder

This movie was awful. I can't remember if I was drinking heavily and watched it or drank heavily afterword to forget it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 06:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
Gremlins is a comedy.
all horror movies are comedies if you don't empathize with the people getting killed
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 11:08 AM       
You are a gentleman and a scholar.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:08 PM       
I loved Silent Night, Deadly Night.

...naughty!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:09 AM       
I own "Santa Claws" and can tell you with absolute certainty that it's pretty godawful.

"Black Christmas" - I've seen a bunch of the original, but not the entire thing, but what I saw I did like a lot. I own the DVD now and it's definitely something I plan on checking out during the next month. I have seen the remake, and while a ton of people will tell you it's absolute shit, I actually enjoyed it. It's one of those movies you can tell they just had a lot of fun making and didn't take themselves too seriously with it. So, while the original may be superior, I'd still suggest you buy both versions.

"Santa's Slay" looks pretty friggin' amusing... it has Goldberg in it, so that right there makes it worth viewing for the sheer comedic value alone.

"Misery", while not exactly a Christmas horror movie, still takes place in the winter 'n all, so I think it's a good one to view come December each year. You can't go wrong with a good hobbling.

"The Thing", again, not exactly a Christmas horror movie, but more than enough snow and this is one of my all-time favorite horror movies. John Carpenter's version is just fucking amazing to watch from start to finish.

"Don't Open Till Chrismas" and "Christmas Evil" have also been on my wish list for a while too, though I've never seen either of 'em. The first one is about somebody who is killing all of the people who dress up as Santa during the holiday season, so I really like the idea behind that one. Not sure if they're any good (though I've heard good things about "Christmas Evil"), but I absolutely love holiday-themed horror flicks and I'll try any of 'em once.

On a related note, has anybody seen any of the other "Silent Night, Deadly Night" films? I'm talking parts 3 - 5. I've only seen parts one and two and still hope that they'll release the others (no matter how bad they may be) on DVD sometime. Also, in case you weren't aware, they're apparently trying to remake this movie too: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0934573/
Title
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:38 AM       
If this is going to encompass all horror films that take place in winter. I would like to say that the Shining is fucking creepy.

seesawbooy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 07:59 PM       
I haven't seen that many but here is my list of my favorites, so far

1. Gremlins
2. Jack Frost 1 & 2
3. Silent Night Deadly Night
4. Black Christmas
5. Christmas Evil

I need to hunt down some more and netflix them

Last edited by seesawbooy : Dec 10th, 2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: I forgot to add one
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
"Black Christmas" - I've seen a bunch of the original, but not the entire thing, but what I saw I did like a lot. I own the DVD now and it's definitely something I plan on checking out during the next month. I have seen the remake, and while a ton of people will tell you it's absolute shit, I actually enjoyed it. It's one of those movies you can tell they just had a lot of fun making and didn't take themselves too seriously with it. So, while the original may be superior, I'd still suggest you buy both versions.
God, no. The remake was one of the biggest pieces of crap that I've ever seen. Making a movie and not taking it seriously is one thing, but dragging the good name of the fucking movie that pioneered so many different techniques and is just a classic in every sense of the word is deplorable. I hate that fucking remake with the passion of a thousand suicide bombers.

WHO YOU GONNA TRUST FOLKS? ME, OR THE GUY FROM CALIFORNEE?

That was very funny. Well done.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM       
The Shining IS fucking creepy. I prefer the classic Kubrick version.

Although...maybe someone else can weigh in here....I could swear that one of the last scenes used to be different. We just watched it again the other day on the HD movie channel. And

Spoilers!
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM       
I think it used to be a close-up
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM       
Thanks, now I don't feel quite as crazy.

Even though I know it's coming, it makes me jump every damn time.